Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Best RPG of the year - 2011 Top 10 Bitch and wine Thread!

IronicNeurotic

Arbiter
Are DLCs allowed?

Mortmal

Arcane
Its way too early , i need to play skyrim first, i wont judge a game from its trailer, choice of platform really irrelevant, seems people having a lot of fun with dark souls and its ps3/xbox, yet if i believe those fine people its more hardcore demanding and interisting than anything released yet. I am still bargaining with friends to see who could sell me his ps3 for the cheapest so i cant tell.
Also what about is age of decadence is released for christmas ? Ah!

So well if you ask for ten titles , then ill answer new vegas dlcs, witcher 2, dark souls (i trust you guys), xenoblade, deus ex HR, skyrim, eschalon, age of decadence, grimoire (who knows...), and as tenth.. err...Sword and sorcery underworld revamp maybe!

Self-Ejected

Jack

█▓▒░
Patron
Insert Title Here
@IronicNeurotic
You should remove those numbers, son.
@Bee
The translated version (English) was released 2011.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Angelo85 said:
Crooked Bee said:
Eh, the River of Time wasn't released in 2011. More like the beginning of 2010, no?

German release was 2010, international release in 2011.

Ah yeah, my bad. Played it in German, enjoyed it, will add it on my list.

Angelo85 said:
I can't believe what kind of games others included so far. BROS REMEMBER: THIS IS ABOUT THE PC RPG OF THE YEAR 2011, NOT 'LIST ALL RPGS YOU PLAYED IN 2011'!

Well, all the games I mentioned I do consider good. Chantelise alone beats Witcher 2 to a bloody pulp. :smug:

Mortmal

Arcane
Ah i though drakensang river of time was 2010 too, its worth ading to the list .

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Angelo85 said:
Crooked Bee said:
Eh, the River of Time wasn't released in 2011. More like the beginning of 2010, no?

Thanks! I have updated the rules to include International release dates within 2011.

Also note read the rules or all of your votes will be disqualified. For example Secret Ninja's votes will not be counted at present.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Crooked Bee said:
Hey, you've included the PC only rule. It wasn't initially there. That isn't fair. :(

Sorry sweetie. But I am sticking to the PC only rule. As that is what the codex stands for.

Mortmal

Arcane
Jaesun said:
Crooked Bee said:
Hey, you've included the PC only rule. It wasn't initially there. That isn't fair. :(

Sorry sweetie. But I am sticking to the PC only rule. As that is what the codex stands for.

Then you should announce the winner already , its a mockery of a contest.

IronicNeurotic

Arbiter
Jaesun said:
Angelo85 said:
Crooked Bee said:

Thanks! I have updated the rules to include International release dates within 2011.

Also note read the rules or all of your votes will be disqualified. For example Secret Ninja's votes will not be counted at present.

Since I corrected mine it should count now. Yes?

Little unclear on that part. Some of what you say makes it sound like they won't ever count.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
IronicNeurotic said:
Since I corrected mine it should count now. Yes?

Yep your list is fine and follows the rules.

IronicNeurotic said:
Little unclear on that part. Some of what you say makes it sound like they won't ever count.

If you fail to follow all of the rules I will exclude all your votes. If a rule sounds unclear, let me know and I'll try to clarify it further.

4m3rica

Educated
Golden RPG-7

Chanel_Rpg-thumb-336x283.jpg

And Skyrim
Dragon Age 2: All DLC

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Add line on PC, or playable on emulator, and it will be fine. (Or better, must be fully playable on PC.)
(This will allow DS games and Xenoblade.)

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
New Vegas Release Date: Oct 19, 2010, sorry Suchy. The DLC's for it are acceptable (if they came out in 2011).

Vibalist

Arcane
Some people seem to simply compile their lists of each and every RPG released this year, regardless of quality. What a shitty year indeed.

And personally I don't have a single title I'd like to vote for. Not one. Haven't played Witcher or Deus Ex, though.

Coyote

Arcane
Crooked Bee said:
Ōkamiden (excluded because of Jaesun's stupid PC only rule)

A sequel to Okami? And it has what you would consider RPG elements? Cool, I'll have to look into this.

As for my own votes, the only RPG released this year that I've played is The Witcher 2, unless the Frayed Knights demo counts (edit: oh, Avadon was this year? I played the demo for that, too). I don't know how I feel about voting for the "best" when I've only played one of the choices, and it's going to be massively overrepresented in the votes anyway - not just because of the Polish Defense Squad, but because the nature of such lists means more well-known games are always overrepresented - so I'll abstain from voting for the moment. Might change when I finally get around to DE:HR or if I give in and try out the New Vegas DLC.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom