Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Best RPG of the year - 2011 Top 10 Bitch and wine Thread!

PorkaMorka

Arcane
Which is better, Frayed Knights or Avadon?

(I didn't play either one for very long)

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Coyote said:
Crooked Bee said:
Ōkamiden (excluded because of Jaesun's stupid PC only rule)

A sequel to Okami? And it has what you would consider RPG elements?

Well... not really. More of an action-adventure. But if Witcher 2 is considered an RPG around here, then Okami is one as well. ;)

It's a very cool game anyway.

dbx

Arcane
Patron
Deus Ex HR? Really?

1291648834837.jpg

Fuck, DA2 is more of an RPG than DX:HR, even if it's also a far shittier game.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
PorkaMorka said:

Avadon has better graphics.

Also Avadon isn't a first episode in the series.

Turjan

Arcane
Multiple Sarcasm said:
Jaesun said:
:troll:

Seriously, though, I've played a few games already named, but can't consider them RPG's in good conscience - least of all, vote for them in any context of being 'best' without considering them good.
It was a sad year.
Realistically, in which year do you expect 10 RPGs to be released, let alone 10 good RPGs?

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
PorkaMorka said:

I only played the demos, but Frayed Knights. Avadon is a low budget Bioware RPG.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
(This is a personal joke, none of you are going to get).

I would like to personally thank, and say fuck you to Grunker.

That is all. Please continue your voting and discussions...

Crooked Bee

Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Avadon's main problem is just that it's so boring, and brings nothing new or interesting to the table. Feels like playing yet another fantasy RPG #99999. And I'm so tired of those.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
There are serious accounts in this thread seriously voting for Skyrim. It's like they're pulling an opposite Skyway :retarded:

Jaesun said:
(This is a personal joke, none of you are going to get).

I would like to personally thank, and say fuck you to Grunker.

That is all. Please continue your voting and discussions...

:love:

I'll cast my own vote in December. Right now I'm thinking it's gonna consist of Frayed Knights and The Witcher 2...

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
I don't think I played a single RPG released this year.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
I like how DXHR is a contender for best RPG of 2011, should its threads be moved back to GRPGD? :lol:

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
It won't be easy to name 10 RPGs. I will to gather my thoughts later. I'm tired now.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Yep. Vote for that folks.

It's what should have happened when DA:O won.

Do you want to repeat that?

Crooked Bee

Patron
hanssolo said:
Demise: Ascension

At first I was all :love:

hanssolo said:
I haven't played Ascension

But then I was all :rpgcodex:

It's hard to get into, but it's certainly a unique experience.

I mean, I paid > $30 for it, so it must be unique.

No I mean, seriously. It's unique. And addictive. And whoa, spinners!

Also, posting drunk on the Codex ololol.

Okay I believe I've spammed this thread enough. You must be fuckin' tired of me already. I'm outta here!

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
I agree that this was a shit year, and this poll is pretty much a punctuation of that. The edgy in this thread comes from people making a big deal of showing just how right they are about the definition of RPG or claiming Jaesun's a bastard for doin' what we do each year; poll the RPGs. Not his fault the world churns out shit. Hell that's the reason we're here at the 'dex. Furthermore, you have people ragin' to God and everyone about how Dragon Age: Origins winning was a disaster and it hurts so bad. Well that's what the Codex fucking voted. Doesn't mean you should accept it, but why the fuck are you taking it into this particular thread? You want to whine that there's people like me who thinks DA:O was a decent game? Bloody well fine. But why choose this thread to do it in? Create one of your own.

You vote for whatever you feel like. Do I think that DX:HR is an RPG or even a good game? Hell no. Do I waste five posts to rage about it in this thread? Hell fucking no, chum. Just vote and get on your merry. If the 'dex wants to vote for DX:HR it's what the 'dex is gonna do. You can rage about it when the results come in all you want to. Here, you're just cluttering up Jaesun's work come tallyin'-day.

Also: People who rage about Dragon Age: Origins and vote for Drakensang fucking crack me up. Keep it comin', boys.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
@Surf Solar: Nah, see, Jaesun's probably gonna do this in Excel. He'll go from one post to the next copy-pastin'. Tallyin' votes by posts is a lot of work.

So you writing three lines which summarize "I vote for Dead Money" means that to count it Jaesun'll have too add it manually.

I.e. fucking just stick to the rules and make a post that say "Dead Money" ;)

Renegen

Arcane
Has Dead Island been mentioned yet? No? It has experience points.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom