Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Best RPG of the year - 2011 Top 10 Bitch and wine Thread!

Havoc

Cheerful Magician
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
Vault Dweller said:
Witcher 2 - an action adventure game with shitty combat

Action RPG. And fuck you.

Satan

Educated
is it 2012 already? in that case i vote skyrim. it's the best rpg of 2011

dbx

Arcane
Patron
Luigi said:
Dead Space 2
Crysis 2
Faery: Legends Of Avalon
Dirt 3
Alice: Madness Returns
DCS: A-10C Warthog
F.E.A.R. 3
Red Orchestra 2
Tropico 4

made me lol a bit :thumbsup:

Luigi

Barely Literate
dbx said:
Luigi said:
Dead Space 2
Crysis 2
Faery: Legends Of Avalon
Dirt 3
Alice: Madness Returns
DCS: A-10C Warthog
F.E.A.R. 3
Red Orchestra 2
Tropico 4

made me lol a bit :thumbsup:

Oshit I am sorry. I thought this was the Strategy forum. :oops:

Black

Arcane
None of the games this year deserve "rpg of the year".

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Strange poll, the only way to win is not to play...

To pick ten is too many. After the first 2-3 games one is really scraping it. To be honest even in the glory days you'd rarely find more than a dozen top quality candidates per year. These days you probably would cover 90% of RPG's released per year by picking ten and that's with including DLC!

Funny that so many people still have found time to play 10 2011 vintage RPG's when all I ever read is bitching about how there's nothing to play or that game X sucks so codexer Y will not play it.

Just to reach 10 RPG's I'd have to play stuff like Fable 3 just to make up the numbers.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Blackadder said:
Jaesun, if Ultimate Newcomer is released, I am guessing it cannot be included as it is on the C64?

IF that is released this year, we can discuss this further.

commie said:
Strange poll, the only way to win is not to play...

To pick ten is too many. After the first 2-3 games one is really scraping it. To be honest even in the glory days you'd rarely find more than a dozen top quality candidates per year. These days you probably would cover 90% of RPG's released per year by picking ten and that's with including DLC!

Funny that so many people still have found time to play 10 2011 vintage RPG's when all I ever read is bitching about how there's nothing to play or that game X sucks so codexer Y will not play it.

Just to reach 10 RPG's I'd have to play stuff like Fable 3 just to make up the numbers.

Read the first post again. I said to vote for 10 games or less. Want to vote 1 game? Then list 1 game. Vote for 5 games? List 5 games.

Black

Arcane
Also, please think twice or thrice or... fourthrice before voting. Or better yet, don't vote at all.
In, what was it, 2009, you tards voted fucking Dragon Age for rpg of the year and Codex is still dealing with the fallout (HEH). The huge rep decline after that was terrible and if DEHR or Witcher 2 become RPGOTY the remaining 5 people will stop taking Codex seriously.

BTW, VD, you realize you can change this shitty year and give us something to vote for, huh??

Hey, Jason, add the option "no 'rpg' this year deserves to win".

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Jaesun said:
Read the first post again. I said to vote for 10 games or less. Want to vote 1 game? Then list 1 game. Vote for 5 games? List 5 games.

Didn't notice the 'or less' bit. Well there certainly is less than 10 indeed.

I'll wait for Skyrimjob and maybe a few stragglers in a vain hope that they can add to the two or 3 2011 games that would make my list, but that can wait as I've those FRUA modules to play through now.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
As good as they are, Isn't voting for the FNV DLC's as RPG of the year a bit retarded? Might as well just vote on individual quest lines from the other games.

Bruticis

Excidium said:
As good as they are, Isn't voting for the FNV DLC's as RPG of the year a bit retarded? Might as well just vote on individual quest lines from the other games.
Well normally I'd say yes but there aren't exactly a lot of choices and Jaesun did say it was far game....so there ya go.

AlaCarcuss

Arbiter
Crooked Bee said:
Hey, you've introduced the PC only rule. It wasn't initially there. That isn't fair. :(

Yeah, sorry but that's ridiculous.

It's obviously been included so that the easily the best game of the year (Dark Souls) can not be included. It would cause too much butthurt for PC only codexer's.

The rules are rigged, I'm not even going to bother. :x

AlaCarcuss

Arbiter
You make some good points.

root said:
<snip>
i'd call it an aRPG, so does Jaesun through him so do we all. so yeah, go ahead and vote for it. why not? fuck, it might very well be one of the best of 2011.

Of course it's an aRPG - but are there any other kind these days?

root said:
and doesn't that make you cry

Yes... yes it does.

While I agree with a lot of what you said, it's still better than just about anything else released this year on PC.*

* With the exception of the aforementioned Dark Souls, which is orders of magnitude better than anything released on PC this year - but it has of course been forceably excluded from this discussion, so the point is moot.

Suchy

Arcane
Jaesun said:
New Vegas Release Date: Oct 19, 2010, sorry Suchy. The DLC's for it are acceptable (if they came out in 2011).
Oh, somehow I thught it was early 2011. Anyway haven't played any of the DLC's, so please disregard F:NV and leave it at DX:HR and Twitcher 2.

thesoup

Arcane
DX: HR can't even be loosely considered an RPG. It's just a stat heavy action game.

I liked it despite its flaws, but let's not fool ourselves over its genre.

Satan

Educated
Black said:
Also, please think twice or thrice or... fourthrice before voting. Or better yet, don't vote at all.
In, what was it, 2009, you tards voted fucking Dragon Age for rpg of the year and Codex is still dealing with the fallout (HEH). The huge rep decline after that was terrible and if DEHR or Witcher 2 become RPGOTY the remaining 5 people will stop taking Codex seriously.

BTW, VD, you realize you can change this shitty year and give us something to vote for, huh??

Hey, Jason, add the option "no 'rpg' this year deserves to win".

How can you take seriously a poll which forces you to predict the details in the future? (ie. how good or bad will games be which are released in the last fourth of the year!)

I vote Skyrim. It's a great and deep game with so many C&C, great dialogues, plot, characters, quests... so far I haven't seen in the game anything I could criticize and I have played it for a long time.

Skyrim is the game of the year 2011 :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute:

Elder-Scrolls-V-Skyrim.jpg

Suchy

Arcane
thesoup said:
DX: HR can't even be loosely considered an RPG. It's just a stat heavy action game.

And yet it does a way better job at being an RPG than most of so called 'true' RPG's.

thesoup

Arcane
Suchy said:
thesoup said:

And yet it does a way better job at being an RPG than most of so called 'true' RPG's.

Yes, I really wish more 'true' RPGs had four buttons to determine the final cinematic of a game. IW was more roleplaying.

edit
quoted because next page

Gerrard

Arcane
Suchy said:
thesoup said:

Are you fucking serious? At least in the original the superficial choices had SOME effect, even if only cosmetic. What choices are there in HR that have ANY effect? Walking into the women's toilet?

Also, there are stats in HR?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom