Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Jenny Soyer is desperately trying to stay relevant in the age of OnlyFans and e-thot "gamer" girls on Twitch.
What a sad little man...

Puukko

Arcane
There's already an established concept of "image rights" that applies to people. You can't just use an actor's image without permission, and that includes technological reproductions. This concept should also apply to voices, mutatis mutandis.
This is a fine principle... I just hate western voice actors far, far more than AI, and spite is the stronger principle.

Same with artists.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Comedy Central has handed out the greenlight for “Golden Axe,” a new comedy animated series based on the beloved SEGA video game franchise that began in 1989.

Ten episodes have been ordered for the series which follows veteran warriors Ax Battler, Tyris Flare and Gilius Thunderhead as they once again battle to save Yuria from the evil giant Death Adder who just won’t seem to stay dead.

Fortunately, this time they have the inexperienced and underprepared Hampton Squib on their side. The cast includes “Spartacus” alum Liam McIntyre as not-so-bright barbarian warrior Ax Battler who has a heart of gold and strict code of honor.

“The Americans” and “Perry Mason” star Matthew Rhys will play Gilius Thunderhead, a grumpy battle dwarf with exceptionally poor hygiene. Lisa Gilroy (“Glamorous,” “Undercover High”) will portray fearsome and witty battle sorceress Tyris Flare.

“Community” alum Danny Pudi will play inexperienced first time adventurer Hampton Squib, finally Carl Tart (“Star Trek: Lower Decks”) will play cheesy humanoid panther Chronos ‘Evil’ Lait.

The series hails from co-creators Mike McMahan (“Star Trek: Lower Decks”) and Joe Chandler (“American Dad”) who will co-write the first episode and serve as executive producers.

Chandler will also serve as showrunner on the series with Titmouse to serve as the animation studio. CBS Eye Animation, Sony Pictures Television and Original Film are all producing.

Also executive producing are SEGA execs Haruki Satomi, Shuji Utsumi and Toru Nakahara along with megaproducer Neal H. Moritz as well as Pavun Shetty, Toby Ascher, Chris Prynoski, Shannon Prynoski, Antonio Canobbio and Ben Kalina.

I can already smell the shit this is going to be.

There's already an established concept of "image rights" that applies to people. You can't just use an actor's image without permission, and that includes technological reproductions. This concept should also apply to voices, mutatis mutandis.
This is a fine principle... I just hate western voice actors far, far more than AI, and spite is the stronger principle.

Same with artists.
Agreed. I'd be more sympathetic to them but a lot of the more recent voice-acting performances I've sat through have been overwrought, bloated and more in service of the voice talent's ego than the character or events they're being paid to portray - Mark Meer's Baeloth comes to mind as an example.

The voice actors probably wouldn't have given A.I. a second thought if the Elevenlabs Skyrim sex mod thing hadn't blown up the way it did

GrainWetski

Arcane
I dunno what to say about that shit. If I was a voice actor and my voice was used for anything outside what I permitted (besides profitless memes), i'd be pretty fucked off. That's my income. Offer me money for my voice samples, and if I accept, fine, if not, fuck off & be liable to be sued. Does anyone disagree with this? It just seems.. insensible to want voice actors to disappear. Hell, if i'm missing something, please tell me.
She can start by not being in some degenerate tranny coomer game.

I dunno what to say about that shit. If I was a voice actor and my voice was used for anything outside what I permitted (besides profitless memes), i'd be pretty fucked off. That's my income. Offer me money for my voice samples, and if I accept, fine, if not, fuck off & be liable to be sued. Does anyone disagree with this? It just seems.. insensible to want voice actors to disappear. Hell, if i'm missing something, please tell me.
Not much can be done about it, the technology won't disappear. They'll have to live with preventing commercial products from using their data (voice samples) without permission and fans using it for non-profit purposes (memes and shitposting).

GLPR27XXUAALeVp

"This didn't happen, our games are broken, buggy and shit despite having armies of well paid QA testers"
Powerful statement, josh.

"I worked QA on the last game and we all got fired" would be a powerful advertisement for whatever Obsidians next release was

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom