Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

Remember back when we could just laugh at this guy for being socially tactless instead of pretending that he was a sexist hitler who wanted all women to be reduced to his personal fuckslave?

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
And Kotaku is already on the case.

When reached on the phone by Kotaku, Mattingly said he planned to apologize, and took to his blog, where he wrote an apology this evening.

I want to make this clear: the Kotaku "reporter" actually took the phone and called another guy to ask him for an statement of why he acted like a dick with a woman on facebook.

Ah, Kotaku. Delivering more relevant gaming news to the masses.

Bradylama

Arcane
Really he said he'd sublimate himself by "kissing her vagina," which is the correct action to take in order to compensate for his privilege. All this proves is that Kotaku is sex-negative.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Big fucking deal.... it's not like he told her he wanted to mouthrape her cat, while fisting her daughter and videotaping it, or shitting on her stomach...

He just wants to put his dick in her... :hug:

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
Still creepy as fuck, though.

"Let me know if you ever need a penis for anything in the near future."

Jesus, who says something like that? I get second-hand embarrassment just reading it.

Still not nearly as creepy as what's going on in the Kotaku comment section on that article, though.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
WTF? The SJWs are now making a guy apologize in public for crude and tasteless flirting in a private chat?

Pope Amole II

Nerd Commando Game Studios
Developer
Whenever I look at incidents like that, I always wonder - why posting private correspondence is even legal? Shouldn't it be, I dunno, an administrative offense or something? Dude has his privacy ruined for the sake of some writing hack getting a few more clicks, why no one is bothered by that? Fuck, I doubt there's anyone on the net who hasn't said anything via private messages that, given the right write-up, won't make him a subhuman monster, so why the hell no one ever gets bothered by shit like that?

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Whenever I look at incidents like that, I always wonder - why posting private correspondence is even legal? Shouldn't it be, I dunno, an administrative offense or something? Dude has his privacy ruined for the sake of some writing hack getting a few more clicks, why no one is bothered by that? Fuck, I doubt there's anyone on the net who hasn't said anything via private messages that, given the right write-up, won't make him a subhuman monster, so why the hell no one ever gets bothered by shit like that?

because in internet is no privacy hurrdurr

I personally always wonder why nobody who gets "busted" like that ever tries to take at least some form of a stand, even in the slightest form, like apologising but also saying that it's not cool that a private convo like that gets published.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Because it require few (moments of) thoughs before act.

Requiring it from (in reeality) mindless (cookie) clickers is pointless.

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Remember back when we could just laugh at this guy for being socially tactless instead of pretending that he was a sexist hitler who wanted all women to be reduced to his personal fuckslave?
The man is a journalist and approach the woman under the guise of doing "work", then proceeded to repeatedly hit on her in a really pathetic and disgusting sort of way even well after his advances were clearly ignored. Not only is that abuse of his position in the industry for personal gain, it's also representing his employer (and himself) in a profoundly unprofessional light.

Not sure who he works for but I think after an incident like this the employer would be fully reasonable and justified in terminating his employment immediately and posting a public apology on his behalf.

In other words: it's different if it's "just some pig" vs. someone with some sort of social status and public facing, just like how Clinton got into so much trouble over his infidelity. Your position in society (rightly or not) demands certain standards of conduct.

Zdzisiu

Arcane
Also, how exactly that private conversation can get out? Unless one of the two participants brings it to the public and I think this is not the case here. So, did the woman show it to somebody else and then that somebody published it or what?

7/10

Learned
The guy's writing about tryhard 2D platformers for a living. Of course he'd be depressed and desperate.

kris

Arcane
Also, how exactly that private conversation can get out? Unless one of the two participants brings it to the public and I think this is not the case here. So, did the woman show it to somebody else and then that somebody published it or what?

Sounds like that. Friend spread to friend. One friend felt it was the most horrible thing ever and published it.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
I wouldnt want to lick a woman whos not man enough to tell me to fuck off.

16347.jpg

Zdzisiu

Arcane

Sounds like that. Friend spread to friend. One friend felt it was the most horrible thing ever and published it.
Then it is even more of a bullshit. The woman in question didnt mind that much as to make a fuss out of it, but then came some retarded friend that thought that he/she knows better what is right in a conversation between two adult people and raised a stink. Such people would be the first against the wall if I would ever became the Ruler.
Also, I have this sneaking suspicion that it was done in no small part because of the jealousy of the friend that she wasn't the one that Josh (A quite handsome guy) hit on, even in the crudest of fashions.

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
You're obviously blaming the wrong person here. The woman who has shown the private conversation to her friends/colleagues/whatever is the one you should be pointing your finger at. But then again, whatever you tell a woman, she will share it with other women so yeah.

kris

Arcane

Then it is even more of a bullshit. The woman in question didnt mind that much as to make a fuss out of it, but then came some retarded friend that thought that he/she knows better what is right in a conversation between two adult people and raised a stink. Such people would be the first against the wall if I would ever became the Ruler.
Also, I have this sneaking suspicion that it was done in no small part because of the jealousy of the friend that she wasn't the one that Josh (A quite handsome guy) hit on, even in the crudest of fashions.

You can see he picture if you follow the link on the previous page. It is a possibility, yes.

Zboj. of course the biggest blame is still on the dumbass writing that stuff. first class embarassment.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013

That's actually a very valid point. Aren't Facebook conversations private and therefore require you to have the permission of all parties involved before you can post it in public?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom