Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

AlexOfSpades

Arcane
I think both are wrong. The idiot for being completely tactless and saying the worst pick-up lines since Commander Shepard, and the girl or whoever the fuck posted that online for violating his privacy. A "fuck you" would suffice, is this necessary? The guy's public image is terribly stained now.

Zdzisiu

Arcane
I think both are wrong. The idiot for being completely tactless and saying the worst pick-up lines since Commander Shepard, and the girl or whoever the fuck posted that online for violating his privacy. A "fuck you" would suffice, is this necessary? The guy's public image is terribly stained now.
No doubts that the guy made an ass out of himself, and being drunk explains very little here but it is completly unnecessary to drag this into public and use it as a vehicle to further your own agenda. That is not how healthy adult people deal with those situations.

Dexter

Arcane
Whenever I look at incidents like that, I always wonder - why posting private correspondence is even legal? Shouldn't it be, I dunno, an administrative offense or something? Dude has his privacy ruined for the sake of some writing hack getting a few more clicks, why no one is bothered by that? Fuck, I doubt there's anyone on the net who hasn't said anything via private messages that, given the right write-up, won't make him a subhuman monster, so why the hell no one ever gets bothered by shit like that?

That's actually a very valid point. Aren't Facebook conversations private and therefore require you to have the permission of all parties involved before you can post it in public?
There is no "privacy" on Facebook or Twitter and similar. Only dumbfucks would think there is and use them that way. If you want "privacy" (at least from other people) just discuss it in person, over a phone or take it to mail or IM.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
There is no "privacy" on Facebook or Twitter and similar. Only dumbfucks would think there is and use them that way. If you want "privacy" (at least from other people) just discuss it in person, over a phone or take it to mail or IM.

You missed my point. From a legal standpoint you are more than likely not allowed to share the contents of a private message between two Facebook users without the consent of both parties.

It should depend on the Facebook ToS, which is why I asked.

You are most likely not allowed to post private conversations from other people (unless they're taking place in a page anyone can access :M ) but taking legal measures would be more trouble than it's worth. Just let the goldfish have their fun until their attention turns to something else.

[...]Dude has his privacy ruined for the sake of some writing hack getting a few more clicks, why no one is bothered by that? Fuck, I doubt there's anyone on the net who hasn't said anything via private messages that, given the right write-up, won't make him a subhuman monster, so why the hell no one ever gets bothered by shit like that?

If you are afraid of unknown people reading your letters, you must have something to hide. Are you a terrorist? Why do you hate freedom?

The man is a journalist and approach the woman under the guise of doing "work", then proceeded to repeatedly hit on her in a really pathetic and disgusting sort of way even well after his advances were clearly ignored. Not only is that abuse of his position in the industry for personal gain, it's also representing his employer (and himself) in a profoundly unprofessional light.

Not sure who he works for but I think after an incident like this the employer would be fully reasonable and justified in terminating his employment immediately and posting a public apology on his behalf.

In other words: it's different if it's "just some pig" vs. someone with some sort of social status and public facing, just like how Clinton got into so much trouble over his infidelity. Your position in society (rightly or not) demands certain standards of conduct.

What? Half the point of a job is to use it to impress the ladies. It's not like he's making moves on his secretary or lured her to an in-person meeting under the guise of business. This is a woman in a completely different part of the industry who he is contacting in a personal manner at 10PM at night. Are you trying to say that people with jobs aren't allowed to be caught flirting, ever?

Also Clinton never got into (legal) trouble for getting a blowjob under the desk. He only got in trouble for committing perjury in front of a grand jury.

Also it's hard to say "clearly ignored". She's responding by laughing. We don't even know if the woman in question was upset be this whole thing. It was her friend that leaked it.

Last edited:

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
What? Half the point of a job is to use it to impress the ladies.
Then he failed badly.

It's not like he's making moves on his secretary or lured her to an in-person meeting under the guise of business. This is a woman in a completely different part of the industry who he is contacting in a personal manner at 10PM at night. Are you trying to say that people with jobs aren't allowed to be caught flirting, ever?
You are not allowed to keep flirting when it's unwanted.

What? Half the point of a job is to use it to impress the ladies.
Then he failed badly.

No one's denying that, but this isn't high school. Failing a pass at a woman doesn't deserve universal humiliation and condemnation in front of everyone.

It's not like he's making moves on his secretary or lured her to an in-person meeting under the guise of business. This is a woman in a completely different part of the industry who he is contacting in a personal manner at 10PM at night. Are you trying to say that people with jobs aren't allowed to be caught flirting, ever?

1. Yes you are. Unless you have a restraining order or something against you, you can most certainly keep flirting with a person. You'll look like a complete idiot, but you can.

2. The universal signal that a conversation is unwanted on the internet is not responding/blocking/immediately ending the conversation. Not laughing.

Let's be honest, it's not even clear that the flirting was unwanted. The conversation was posted by an entirely unrelated person. For all we know the woman in question likes the guy but showed the conversation to a friend because he came off so dorky, and from there it leaked unintentionally.

sexbad?

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
More importantly, he was actually trying to get information about gaming on the side while doing his shitty flirting. That should probably stain his company a bit.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
1. Yes you are. Unless you have a restraining order or something against you, you can most certainly keep flirting with a person. You'll look like a complete idiot, but you can.
Let me re-phrase, yes you can do almost anything. It is a free country. He's not going to jail over this. He was just made to look like an idiot.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
I hate the SJW crowd as much as the next codexer, but I have trouble feeling any sympathy for this guy.

thesoup

Arcane

517d3b37b77b71c3b5db1bea4558f519.png

9c7516dc2bc309892f1c351f1f3db8ea.png

:lol:

Cowboy Moment

Arcane
Let me re-phrase, yes you can do almost anything. It is a free country. He's not going to jail over this. He was just made to look like an idiot.

Yeah, he was, and as such, it's fair that a lot of people now consider him an idiot (or worse, depending on their inclination).

It is all quite scary though. Granted, this dude is a public figure in many ways, but what if this was some rank and file game developer who nobody knew? He gets drunk, acts like an ass to a female acquaintance, she publicizes (though this is not what happened here presumably) the conversation, and suddenly he's made headlines on Kotaku and NeoGAF if they're having a slow day? He likely loses his job as his employer caves to the pressure, and afterwards whenever someone types his name into Google, this is what they get as the first result.

Like I said, scary as hell. That's close to the stigma you get from a criminal record, all for a few minutes of being a dumbass in a completely harmless manner, which I'm sure we're all guilty of in some capacity. There's also the case of that low-level Microsoft exec who was rude to people on twitter, ended with him being fired, having to move, and receiving death threats.

Seriously, it's like we're going back to the middle ages in terms of herd mentality and witch hunts. Except this time, instead of your village hating you, it's thousands of people all around the world whom you've never met, and have no way to influence.

Hellraiser

Arcane

O żesz kurwa.

Jeżeli będzie poziom na Gdańskich Stogach, Nowym Porcie lub Orunii gdzie spotyka się tubylców to nic tylko dawać im PLN-y ze skromnej pensji.

:takemyjewgold::takemyjewgold::takemyjewgold::takemyjewgold:

Chyba odpale 5 dych tylko po to aby w grze w levelu w trójmieście pojawiło się nieśmiertelne hasło "Jezus przebacza ale Orunia nigdy", które w sam raz wpisuje się w klimaty Frankowskie.

Last edited:

Angthoron

Arcane
What? Half the point of a job is to use it to impress the ladies. It's not like he's making moves on his secretary or lured her to an in-person meeting under the guise of business. This is a woman in a completely different part of the industry who he is contacting in a personal manner at 10PM at night. Are you trying to say that people with jobs aren't allowed to be caught flirting, ever?

Also it's hard to say "clearly ignored". She's responding by laughing. We don't even know if the woman in question was upset be this whole thing. It was her friend that leaked it.

SOPA, PIPA and packaged internet are too fucking GOOD for these people, seriously.

However, that's some of the most horrible ways to hit on a woman that I've seen in a long time. "Am going through a divorce" - "Want some cock? I'm totally hung like a horse!" - "Oh yes, take me!", is that really what the drunk dude expected?

Hellraiser

Arcane
Wassit say in Gringo-speak? Does 5 dych mean 5 days?

A "dycha" means a 10 (usually 10 zloties a.k.a. PLN a.k.a. potato money) "dych" is the proper plural form of the word given the case used in the sentence (potato declination is similar to latin if not outright ripped-off, only with different suffixes).

Overall I said I may pledge 50 potatomoney to have the phrase "Jesus forgives but Orunia never does" in the game on a wall, that being a quote from an actual grafitti somewhere in that district of my city. FYI Orunia is not a safe place to visit (as are the two other places I mentioned, Stogi and Nowy Port), although it is definitely tame and not that bad looking compared to the places our HUEHUEHUE codex bros know of.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom