Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
He didn't take it down because of the death threats and harassment, those started AFTER he said he was going to take it down.

Apparently he said he was taking it down because he felt that the game was an 'addictive product', and continuing to sell it didn't seem morally sound. He said that he intended it as a timewaster during little minute-long breaks in the day, but he heard stories that made him think it was becoming an unhealthy fixation for too many people.

Considering he got crackhead-style death threats after announcing he was going to take it down, and people were bidding thousands of dollars for phones preloaded with it on ebay, it looks like he wasn't wrong.

Normally I'd say the guy was full of shit, but honestly why else would he take down a game at the height of its popularity, when it was apparently making him tens of thousands every single day?
Maybe it's him selling the phones on ebay?

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
upload_2014-2-12_15-12-33.png

Hahahaha, this shit is big! :lol:

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Now I understand why craigslist was filled with phones that came with Flappy bird preloaded. I'm not joking either.

Angthoron

Arcane
I bet the guy will bring back Flappy Bird in a month or two "Because he couldn't refuse all the fans", anyway.

Should Codex infringe and make a Fappy Bird app meantime?

Angthoron

Arcane
Hmm, gameplay would consist of trying to tap on the multiheads to prevent them hitting ass and leg, with a 50% chance to fumble the click.

Cash store could provide monthly % boosts to chance to succeed a block/dodge, as well as decrease the number of attacks per minute the heads would perform.

Losing the game could result in a 1% chance to have a random file overwritten by OMGIH.txt with a random fact about a random Codexian, taken straight from Wyrmlord collection.

evdk

Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Let's just release a simple clone, to capitalize on the success of the original game. Quick proof of concept image:
Tappy-Flappy-Bird clone.jpg

EDIT: My marketing dept. has just informed me that our quick survey shows we should have used dongs instead of the textures we have chosen. Rest assured, dongs will be a day one DLC!

Last edited:

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Wait wait, why would you buy a phone with the game preloaded? Can't you just not remove it from inventory or something?

evdk

Patron
Wait wait, why would you buy a phone with the game preloaded? Can't you just not remove it from inventory or something?
Well of course you can. Actually I fully expect most of the phones go to people who believe that they won't be able to play it after it is removed from the appstore even if they have bought it on an earlier date.

Is it really such a big surprise that mobile gaming is full of computer illiterate fags?

Nonono, keep reading, it gets better. Here's a snippet:

Finally I get to the top floor. I'm expecting something cool, and I find it – my first contact with the Brotherhood of Steel! Two fallen soldiers' corpses are on the floor. So powerful! Their armor is so shiny! Except, well, I can't wear their armor yet (no training), the tape that's on their body means nothing to me, and there's (sing it with me) no forward pointer to the mission where you actually need to find these guys. Again, you're punished for exploring on your own.

He makes two good points though - karma penalty for stealing from people you can kill with no karma penalty (then again the karma concept has always been shit), and not being able to use a password before the game deems it time to use the password. Shame the rest of the article is terrible. Have another snippet, since I'm feeling sadistic.

A bad "powder-ganger" dude comes into the bar of the first town and threatens the nice townsfolk, so I step outside and put a bullet in his skull. No! Bad dog! The townfolk instantly vilify me for my heinous crime of defending them!

[...]

It's also not fun doing quests for people of dubious morality. Sure, this may be more like real life, but it isn't "fun." I did several missions for a fascist government agent before she revealed herself by asking me to do something horrible. I'm like, uh, no thanks, and THANK YOU game designers for making me spend all that time on a person who sucked.

Last edited:

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
It's also not fun doing quests for people of dubious morality. Sure, this may be more like real life, but it isn't "fun." I did several missions for a fascist government agent before she revealed herself by asking me to do something horrible. I'm like, uh, no thanks, and THANK YOU game designers for making me spend all that time on a person who sucked.

I could team up with the guy who shot me in the head, or I could team up with a very fascist government that's at least trying to defend people, or I could kill the TV and decide I'm the new pope.

I go back to the giant TV. "Have you wiped out the Brotherhood of Steel yet?" I'm like, no, but DID YOU NOTICE that I JUST ELIMINATED THE ENTIRE EVIL ARMY AND ITS LEADER?

34uJiFp.gif

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom