Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

A horse of course

a3vrfId.png

Baron Dupek

Arcane
I played Wolfenstein (2009) and don't remember that thing.
Only remember two nazis drinking beer at the tavern, some chit-chat with them and whatever.

A horse of course

I don't remember anything about Wolfenstein 2009 other than it being garbage and objectively inferior to The New Order.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
One of those little moments from the old-time gamer that is me...

Remember a game series called Spellcasting x01? Interactive Fiction with hi-res VGA graphics (it's 1990 after all!) about the nerdy wizard Ernie Eaglebeak and his attempts to save the day and fuck every girl in sight? Revenge of the Nerds meets Hogwarts University with a little Leisure Suit Larry thrown in?

Some of you may have looked it up by now, so here's the next big question: Anyone remember the other nerds in the "game room" in the first two games? Remember the unending role-playing session they were having, in a game called Malls & Muggers?

I found a reference to that part of the game in Alan Moore's Top Ten comic. It's actually in the SMAX mini-series that comes after the original run, but whatever. In issue #4 the protagonists are on a dragon-slaying quest and they bring along a group of dwarfs which just happen to be the local role-playing group of...Malls and Muggers.

Considering that the Top Ten comic has more (pop) culture references than you can shake a stick at, I found it worth a mention that he's referencing a computer game from 14 years prior in his comic.

I'd post a picture, except I don't have a decent image host for my uploads.

Anyway, I'm done. Carry on.

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
I used to play JRPG's as a kid.. somehow they actually made sense and I remember them fondly.. however
Now when I play them I can't help but think "jesus christ what the fuck is going on? How did this shit ever make sense?"

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
I used to play JRPG's as a kid.. somehow they actually made sense and I remember them fondly.. however
Now when I play them I can't help but think "jesus christ what the fuck is going on? How did this shit ever make sense?"
You lost your imagination mate

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

The Storyteller: FALLOUT S3 E11 - Featuring Chris Avellone, Brian Fargo, Josh Sawyer, and Tim Cain

:avatard:

EDIT: Their voices begin at around 3:15

Last edited:

Executr

Cipher

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/stea...e-light-amid-accusations-of-deception/0153978

Steam offers unconditional refunds for Journey of the Light amid accusations of deception

45244b8b6ab65cce314cd36b578bc3f6.jpg

It dubs itself as one of the hardest puzzle games on Steam, but it’s starting to look as if indie title Journey of the Light is nothing more than an elaborate scam.

The game’s description says that it has eight chapters, including the bonus one, but one disgruntled buyer has discovered a number of clues suggesting that in fact there is only one. We can’t know for sure, of course, because no-one (in the entire world) other than the game’s creator has unlocked the achievements for anything beyond chapter one.

Developer Lord Kres has been fairly active in dropping hints to the community about how they may go about progressing further into the game, but it has proved of little help so far.

It also seems as if the files relating to later chapters in the game actually contain the same data as is found in the first.

“This leads me to conclude that is the extent of the content created for this game, which is sold as a ‘hard’ game with 7 or 8 chapters, but instead there is one unsolvable level,” it is proposed.

Add to this the fact that Steam Trading Cards can only be unlocked after two hours’ play – taking it beyond Steam’s normal refund threshold – and it all starts to smell a bit fishy.

“I just heard that someone had tempered with game files and noticed that there is only one level. That is not how it is supposed to be,” the developer has said, later adding: “Although it seems that it doesn´t even matter what i say, here is still my announcement: I have now rolled back the game and i will be testing the levels. I´m not going to defense myself, since that will not help. I made an mistake with builds, and i am truly sorry about that. Nothing more i can do about this.

“I tried to be friendly and kind for you all. I do understand that you feel betrayed, and you are angry. I have tried to fix it, but all the damage has been already done. I am not a scammer. All i wanted is to create a new kind of gaming experience for all of you.”

Suffice to say the many gamers taking to the game’s discussion pages are thoroughly unconvinced. As, it seems, is Steam.

“We have enabled refunds for all owners of Journey of the Light, regardless of playtime or purchase date,” it has now said. “If you wish to receive a refund for this title, please click the link below and follow the instructions on the Support Site.”

Surprised this hasn't happened sooner, after Valve opening the flood gates.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom