Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
"This game is too bad to exist" http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...-from-sale-as-developer-brands-game-a-failure

Afro Samurai 2 pulled from sale as developer brands game a "failure"

The developer of Afro Samurai 2 has pulled its game from sale and admitted the title was simply not up to scratch.

jpg

PlayStation 4 and Xbox One listings for the hack-and-slash action game have disappeared from their respective digital marketplaces.

Refunds are now being given for anyone that did purchase the title.

The Afro Samurai 2 Steam page is still visible, but it no longer allows you to buy the game. Only a few screenshots and the title's universally negative reviews remain.

Afro Samurai 2 launched back in September for PC and was greeted by an overwhelming wave of disapproval. Fans criticised the sequel's controls, combat, camera, quick-time events, cut-scenes, audio, linear gameplay and I'm going to stop reading its Steam reviews now.

But, to be fair to developer Versus Evil - also of The Banner Saga fame - it has noted the feedback.

"The game was a failure," studio boss Steve Escalante admitted to CGM. "So we've begun the process, it's been a long process to figure it out because Sony has never really had to do this in this way, but we're returning all the money.

"Across the board we're putting out an apology saying 'sorry about this'."

There's no word on if Afro Samurai 2 will return at some point, but its planned second and third episodes have now been scrapped.

"We're Versus Evil," Escalante concluded. "Now we have to do it from a consumer perspective. So we pulled it down, because we didn't want to exacerbate it anymore and then we're refunding the money."

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Here's an example of how bad the game was: birgirpall's "Lets's Break" video of the game:

For obvious reasons, he's also done recent videos for Fallout: New Vegas and Fallout 4.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
lolwut: http://store.steampowered.com/app/413490/

header.jpg

Rothschild: The Sheep will Wake is a procedurally generated first person horror game in which the Rothschild family dominates the world. The player fills the shoes of Jordan Baker, a journalist sent to investigate the hospitalization of Kane Rothschild. Little did he know, this rabbit hole just doesn't end.

This looks Cleve-ian.

pippin

That Slave Trade pops up like every 5 or 6 months on the internet, I wonder why people keeps forgetting about it even if it's actually offensive, instead of, you know, those "problematic" depiction of women in videogames.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
Could also fit in the AZN mind thread:

Chinese woman, presumed dead, found living in Internet cafes for 10 years

She left her home in the eastern Chinese province of Zhejiang, while still in her teens, 10 years ago after a quarrel with her parents.

Presumed dead by her family, the woman – nicknamed Xiao Yun and now 24 – was finally found by police officers on Nov 20 after a routine check on an Internet cafe in the wee hours of the morning.

Xiao Yun, who had been carrying a fake identity card, was taken to a local police station for questioning. There, she revealed that she had been living in Internet cafes for the past decade.

A fan of the multiplayer first-person shooter CrossFire, she spent her days playing the game and slept mostly in cafes and bath houses.

She relied mostly on handouts from fellow cafe patrons and occasionally worked as a cashier at some cafes to earn additional income.

She told the police that she had been brought up by her grandparents.

The police fined her 1,000 yuan (P7,351) and after initial resistance from her, contacted her parents so they could be reunited with their long-lost daughter.

Her mother told the Qianjiang Evening News that she had not changed her phone number since her elder daughter left home, in the hope that Xiao Yun would contact her.

“I have a stubborn personality and a short temper, so I used to scold her. But it’s already been 10 years and now she’s an adult. I will never scold her again,” she said.

In 2013, a man said to be a video game addict, was found to have spent the previous six years holed up in an Internet cafe near the city of Changchun.

RELATED STORY

Woman gives birth in cafe, resumes online game

Wikipedia said:
In 2013, the game was one of the three most popular video games in China, with a revenue of almost $1 billion.[4] It was the world's top grossing game of 2014 at 1.5 trillion won ($1.3 billion).[1]

CrossFire is the most played online FPS games worldwide, with over 6 million concurrent users and 400 million registered players according to developer Smilegate.

http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/741658...d-found-living-in-internet-cafes-for-10-years

Last edited:

Drax

Arcane
It's so weird, this genetic weakness Azns have with MMOs.
Remember that kwans, when WWIII starts. You don't need nukes to conquer Asia, just keep pumping shitty MMOs and in a couple of years most of their young population will be practical zombies.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom