Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

Perkel

Arcane
That Slave Trade pops up like every 5 or 6 months on the internet, I wonder why people keeps forgetting about it even if it's actually offensive, instead of, you know, those "problematic" depiction of women in videogames.

Because it is children game to teach kids about slavery.
Game is like collection of minigames and it is from adventure type genre.
Whole point of those minigames was to make kids interested in material.

Because apparently kids shouldn't have learned about this in way that kids may find enjoyable.
HEY WHAT IS THIS !!! YOU HAVE LESSON ON HOLOCAUST AND YOU LAUGH !!?? YOU RACIST SHITBAGS !!

Reminds me how people think kids are completely retarded even at ages when they can be freely teach physic or harder stuff.

It's like outrage over that book in which young dude had black slave which was his friend. Yeah he was slave but book didn't teach kids about "good to have slave" but that friendship is something that can transcendent boundaries of world we live in.

Perkel

Arcane
Is this CrossFire? Looks like direct copy of CS1.6 with different maps, textures and stuff

Drax

Arcane
Because it is children game to teach kids about slavery.
Game is like collection of minigames and it is from adventure type genre.
Whole point of those minigames was to make kids interested in material.

Oh come on, that's the weakest argument ever.
The point of the game is to profit from the outrage, which is fine by me, but let's not pretend that there's any learning value whatsoever in playing tetris with people's bodies.
FFS.

pippin

This game is not educational at all, because its learning value is not present during gameplay. Consider Age of Empires or Civilization as examples on the contrary. Even Assassins Creed managed to portray different historical periods in a manner that appeals to kids and gets them interested in learning. You have to give some degree of dignity and value to the thing you're trying to teach or portray, at least in this case, because you can't really teach history using /pol/ memes, much like you can't teach about sexuality using sjw videogames.

Coyote

Arcane
What I find outrageous is the gameplay. Nobody likes games where you spend half your time playing inventory tetris.

Perkel

Arcane
This game is not educational at all, because its learning value is not present during gameplay. Consider Age of Empires or Civilization as examples on the contrary. Even Assassins Creed managed to portray different historical periods in a manner that appeals to kids and gets them interested in learning. You have to give some degree of dignity and value to the thing you're trying to teach or portray, at least in this case, because you can't really teach history using /pol/ memes, much like you can't teach about sexuality using sjw videogames.

Oh come on, that's the weakest argument ever.
The point of the game is to profit from the outrage, which is fine by me, but let's not pretend that there's any learning value whatsoever in playing tetris with people's bodies.
FFS.

This game literally comes from company that does educational games (though shitty), they have other nuggets like this and ton of them also feature simple games like tetris, match shape etc.
There was article about this whole thing though i don't remember where i read that.

Naveen

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Has car reviewing become an impossible task? With shitty cars drawing lukewarm reactions, what is the critic's role in the age of suddenly exploding cars or vehicles that need a day-one repair?

:philosoraptor:

Caim

Arcane

Neanderthal

Arcane
Gotta admit i'm a bit confused by all the shit scores and reviews for Mad Max, a mediocre game I fairly enjoyed, and then Beth releases Fallout 4 that doesn't even have cars and is not half as good looking, yet scores like Michael Jackson in an orphanage. Seems a bit rum, then again who gives a fuck, I buy games cos o let's plays and Codex reviews now.

HotSnack

Cipher
What Caim said. Why is this even up for debate?

Though from the article:
733c91e6-287e-4af9-b615-5ce0efc69f14-bestSizeAvailable.png

This is great, we need to bring back the IQ popamole rating for game reviews. :lol:

T. Reich

Arcane
Gotta admit i'm a bit confused by all the shit scores and reviews for Mad Max, a mediocre game I fairly enjoyed, and then Beth releases Fallout 4 that doesn't even have cars and is not half as good looking, yet scores like Michael Jackson in an orphanage. Seems a bit rum, then again who gives a fuck, I buy games cos o let's plays and Codex reviews now.

Two words: marketing budget.

Ninjerk

Arcane
It's the equivalent of taking every person who sees the movie into account instead of prioritizing people who study the craft.

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
You call them for what they are: Fallout 4 is uninspired and has a shit story, BLOPS 3 runs like shit on the PC and Battlefront has way too little content in it.

Bam, problem solved.

The title should of been. "How do critic's shit on incomplete games and keep advertisers"

Cadmus

Arcane
You call them for what they are: Fallout 4 is uninspired and has a shit story, BLOPS 3 runs like shit on the PC and Battlefront has way too little content in it.

Bam, problem solved.
Eversince I heard about Betteridge's law of headlines I always answer all these retarded-ass questions in the headlines for myself instead of reading them. I suppose this is another pathetic attempt at staying relevant by some nobody.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom