Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

racofer

Thread Incliner
http://www.bethsoft.com/bgsforums/index.php?showtopic=854651
Everyone knows that TES games are the King of RPGs, and others often fall far behind. But never have I seen such a blatant attempt to steal a whole questline from one of their games. I recently rented a Dark Messiah game for the X360 facepalm.gif and the story is a carbon copy of the MQ from Oblvion. The main enemy is sort of a demon/ satanic group, they spawn from mysterious gates, you have to fight for and defend a magic stone. Needless to say this game sucked and i didnt even play the 3rd mission. Just thought id share for anyone whos looking for another TES type game, your never going to find it.

Yes, TES invented demons and demonic cults, gates to other places and magical stones.
Bethesda should sue history books and churches around the globe for ripping off their intellectual property.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
FFS, Stargate is ripping off Oblivion. I knew there was something fishy about the whole TV series, but I would never suspect something of these proportions!

Lumpy

Arcane
Bethesda's facepalm:
facepalm.gif

They're kinda doing it wrong.

Nerve Gas

Educated
I still remember my first run through of the game with a pure wizard (arcane caster). I found it totally unfair how a caster class (still do) had their resting *restricted* after the spirit meter showed up. I started off *without* a bone ring, had minimal strength, extremely low bab, relied on my buffs for defense & once the meter showed up I devoured & supressed everything in sight trying refill the meter to 100 as much\quickly as I could. It was all for naught though, as the meter quickly reduced faster then I could fill it back up, soon the sm effects took hold and my mage slowed down to snails pace because of the loss of stats & could then no longer carry anything, it got to the point where I started using the satiate & my xp literally went backwards, also everytime I tried resting I died. I then started hearing about players (pure melee) who were able to go through the entire game without having to suppress\devour\rest at all & gave up in total frusteration.

It felt as though the game was totally un-balanced and favoured melee over casters since the sm *literally didn't affect melee at all*. Since then *eventually* I finally learned how the sm works\functions properly & how to use it but I refuse to because of my first experience of total frusteration with it (plus I never liked the thing and how it was implemented to begin with & how melee chars always never had to rest), so I just turn it off these days using the debug command for it. Without it on I've quite honestly enjoyed motb very much so (alot more then with it on), but every person is different, some prefer to leave it on and roleplay with it while others (like myself) don't. I just felt I should mention the above example of just how easy it is to mess up the sm management & how unfair it can be (especially to a pure arcane caster vs a melee build) when going through motb. So yeah I totally agree the game is *unfriendly* to casters who rely on their spells for offense\defense vs a pure melee build (when the spirit meter is present because melee builds don't have to manage it *literally* at all if they don't want too).
The moron indicator is still functioning properly, it seems.
http://nwn2forums.bioware.com/forums/vi ... m=121&sp=0

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Modders seem to find a way to make Oblivion's already ridiculous, terrible armor and weapons worse nearly every day.

Texas Red

Whiner
DraQ said:
My god! It's full of 'tards!

Where is that from? Is it from that Ringworld novel? I got so tired of the awful book that I didn't understand what the heck was happening by the end.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
Dark Individual said:
DraQ said:

Where is that from?

It's a parody of "My God, it's full of stars!", the last words spoken by David Bowman before he enters the Monolith in the book version of 2001: A Space Odyssey. It is also referenced in the sequel (both in book and movie).

Lumpy

Arcane
http://nwn2forums.bioware.com/forums/vi ... &forum=111
When is Planescape: Torment going to be released? Never heard of it so far.

Also,
Merilinda said:
I can send you mine. Gods, I *hate* this game. Just PM me with your address, and I'll mail it to you.
God, I hate this fucking bitch.

Make sure you read on, there's more gems from our beloved girl. Including this:
Nope, with every minute I played, I hated it more and more. The only time I was Okay with playing it was when I replaced TNO's avatar by FFG's and re-wrote all the texts in the Mortuary for a female character. Which left 880 or whatever files to go through to make the game playable. At that time I chose to work on IWD2NPCs instead.

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
Lumpy said:
http://nwn2forums.bioware.com/forums/viewtopic.html?topic=638666&forum=111
Seriously, do kids those days don't even know how to google thing, Jesus Christ.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
That stupid bitch has no right to tell anyone their writing is bad when her own is among the worst pieces of pretentious badly plotted shit I've ever seen. Except maybe the Saerileth, that was equivalent to getting to be a buttboy in Hell.

DraQ

Arcane
Gragt said:
Dark Individual said:
DraQ said:

Where is that from?

It's a parody of "My God, it's full of stars!", the last words spoken by David Bowman before he enters the Monolith in the book version of 2001: A Space Odyssey. It is also referenced in the sequel (both in book and movie).
DI critically fails at... Nevermind, just critically fails.

Lumpy said:
http://nwn2forums.bioware.com/forums/viewtopic.html?topic=638666&forum=111

Also,
Merilinda said:
I can send you mine. Gods, I *hate* this game. Just PM me with your address, and I'll mail it to you.
God, I hate this fucking bitch.

Make sure you read on, there's more gems from our beloved girl. Including this:
Nope, with every minute I played, I hated it more and more. The only time I was Okay with playing it was when I replaced TNO's avatar by FFG's and re-wrote all the texts in the Mortuary for a female character. Which left 880 or whatever files to go through to make the game playable. At that time I chose to work on IWD2NPCs instead.
Death by rape. There is simply no other way.

Texas Red

Whiner
I read the series and watched the first movie, actually. Just don't remember. And I can swear that in Ringworld(also a fairly famous novel) they entered some big mountain in the end and it was full of stars.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
That Merilinda bitch is soooo full of shit, first she says something about how she made it only a bit past the Mortuary but a while later she is like "I hate that everyone knows you but doesn't tell you anything"? I call bollocks on this.

DraQ

Arcane
Dark Individual said:
And I can swear that in Ringworld(also a fairly famous novel) they entered some big mountain in the end and it was full of stars.
Unsurprising, given that the 'mountain' was made by a huge-ass planetoid punching through the ringworld from outside. :P

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom