Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

Texas Red

Whiner
WhiskeyWolf said:
Dark Individual said:
Some time ago I heard on the news that the American army was developing mini nukes. Or Something. Of course the difference is that probably you don't stand 10 meters from the explosion.
Even standing 3 miles was too fucking close.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=khyZI3RK2lE

I can't believe a top military engineer uses "nukular".

Also, is there a complex theory which states that it's impossible to fire a piece of metal farther than 3 miles without it fitting on a car?

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
Dark Individual said:
Also, is there a complex theory which states that it's impossible to fire a piece of metal farther than 3 miles without it fitting on a car?
Good point.

RandomLurker

Scholar
racofer said:
"But they're both polythiestic?"

"Poly what?"

The fuck......... well, I guess that's expected from a TESFer

That whole topic is retarded, but I don't get why you've quoted this particular exchange. Care to say what "polythiesm" is, preferably while contrasting it with "polytheism"? 'cause I'd probably reply "poly what" to that too.

DraQ said:
Y R NATRUAL CIGRAETS NO SAFE???

Truly, bethtards' stupidity knows no bounds.

Not a terribly dumb question, though it sounds that way at first. He just wants to know why natural, or perhaps organic, cigarettes aren't any better than normal cigarettes. It seems reasonable to conclude there is some difference based on precedents in natural or organic foods.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
But it's smoke. You're inhaling smoke. It's never good. No matter what material it is you burn and inhale. You could as well dry a healthy salad, put it into a cigarette and smoke it. That doesn't mean it's not bad for your health.

Alright, maybe organic materials are better than smoking some chemical shit. But still.

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
This site had to be posted here sonner or later - this is only a formality.

http://uncyclopedia.org/wiki/The_Elder_Scrolls:_Oblivious

ROFL Islands
ROFL Islands is the even newer official expansion for The Elder Scrolls: Oblivious. It claims to offer x(x > 0) more (unit) of gameplay. In fact, you'll only be playing for y(unit)(y < (x/100)), and the other z(unit)(z = (x-y))will be spent wondering why the hell did you pay money for this? It does not continues the storyline where Oblivious(or Knights of the Post) left off. The evil prince of the Codex, Vince D. Weller, creates a purely evil CRPG called Rage of Decadence, which is again supposed to manipulate the forumites into not buying Oblivious. Then, he opens an evil link to the Beta version, which devastates the forum of Oblivious General. The player, creating an arc of modern islands full of hackers known as the ROFL Islands, will troll the RPGCodex and to grind post counts of for both the forums. Halfway through this boring quest, an fanboy modder, the Dying One, hacks the Beta Rage of Decadence and put green arrows pointing the wrong way, mudcrabs talking about headcrabs, and ads for The Elder Scrolls travel games into the CRPG. In the end of the game, the Codices invade the Forumites using trolls equipped with proxies. The player, fighting through the Codices, helps the Admins to reactivate the cursed Flood Control, slowing the Codex trolls and delaying the destruction of the Forumites. However, that which does not destroy one only delay the inevitable.

The Elder Scrolls IV: Fallout
Political tension runs high in Cyrodiil, as the new Emperor Vince D. Weller has executed the beloved troll spacemoose for inciting rebellion and exposing himself in the Imperial City. The Emperor's political opponents, Nutcracker, vrok, and Cassidy, cried foul and started rabble-rousing in the streets, causing Weller to send in for the fearsome guard ViolentOpposition in an attempt to restore order. Meanwhile behind the scenes, the Emperor's advisor Naked_Lunch opened the gates of RetardoLand in the midst of all of the chaos. Naked_Lunch proceeded to give the Amulet of Kings to Nicolai and POOPERSCOOPER, who used its power to create a wordfilter throughout all of Cyrodiil, making communication impossible. They brand the Emperor a DUMBFUCK!!! and attempt to blame their coup on a bard named kingcomrade and a furry Kajeet named Jasede. The coup fails, however, when the retired God-Emperor DarkUnderlord returns to power and restores order to the realm of Cyrodiil. Vince Weller, who was stripped of his imperial power during the coup, asks DarkUnderlord for his powers back so he can smite the revolutionaries. DarkUnderlord replied coyly, "Fuck you."

JarlFrank said:
Alright guys, confess, who of you wrote this?

racofer

Thread Incliner
http://forums.videogamereview.com/s...d26455e9cbbf6fad0d450026&p=81738&postcount=10

The Dumbass said:
Robert-The-Rambler said:
3 gigs of DDR 400 RAM

I'm wondering if this is your problem? The intense amount of RAM you have, may be causing a memory leak somewhere (yeah, go figure). Try popping out a stick or two.

I know I know, this is old, but I just stumbled across this post while founding new ways to bash NWN2 and couldn't resist posting here.

This "tech savy" creature came to the most amazing conclusion. Having too much memory may result into memory leaks. :lol: :lol:

racofer

Thread Incliner
http://videogames.yahoo.com/feature/new-game-enemy-takes-a-solid-day-to-defeat/1238418

New game enemy takes a solid day to defeat
Players pass out, get sick during extreme battle.

If it's good enough for Cartman, it's good enough for Square-Enix.

The developers of the online role-playing game Final Fantasy XI seemingly borrowed a page from the Emmy-winning South Park episode "Make Love, Not Warcraft" by updating the game with one of the longest - and most physically grueling - video game fights ever. Introduced in the game's latest downloadable update, the boss monster "Pandemonium Warden" remained perfectly fit after a group of high-level adventurers wailed away at it nonstop for over 18 hours straight.

"People were passing out and getting physically ill," leaders of the player guild said in a forum post. "We decided to end it before we risked turning into a horrible news story about how video games ruin people's lives."

Don't know what to add here..... hmm... just, why?

southparkWOW.jpg

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
http://www.bethsoft.com/bgsforums/index ... pic=873644

Basically both games suffer greatly from a lack of combat orientated content. Both games can take 40 hours to run through, but in both games MOST of that time in spent NOT in combat, rather it is spent in some boring dialog, or fetch quest. In both games I rolled a combat based gun character, and was let down in both games by how few things there were for me to kill, as I proceeded through the mostly boring main quests.
Both games offer a HUGE variety of ways to play through (a stupid character is pretty funny by the way), but the combat based character is surprisingly boring with soo little meaningful combat to partake in, and that is my biggest gripe.

I also had a hell of a lot of fun playing a evil character, murdering everyone in each town, though I quickly ran out of things to do as a evil character as a result....

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
racofer said:
http://videogames.yahoo.com/feature/new-game-enemy-takes-a-solid-day-to-defeat/1238418

New game enemy takes a solid day to defeat
Players pass out, get sick during extreme battle.

If it's good enough for Cartman, it's good enough for Square-Enix.

The developers of the online role-playing game Final Fantasy XI seemingly borrowed a page from the Emmy-winning South Park episode "Make Love, Not Warcraft" by updating the game with one of the longest - and most physically grueling - video game fights ever. Introduced in the game's latest downloadable update, the boss monster "Pandemonium Warden" remained perfectly fit after a group of high-level adventurers wailed away at it nonstop for over 18 hours straight.

"People were passing out and getting physically ill," leaders of the player guild said in a forum post. "We decided to end it before we risked turning into a horrible news story about how video games ruin people's lives."

"Guys we can become even more popular than World of Warcraft if our high-level raids are even longer than theirs!"
"Good idea, the gamers will be more loyal to our game if it is longer! How long should we make it?"
"Are 10 hours enough?"
"10 hours? But that's only half the time our target group spends in front of their PC per day! Dobule this!"

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
WhiskeyWolf said:
Elwro said:
No offence Elwro but how the fuck can I enter that link - some of us don't have an gog.com account.
Whoa, sorry. I forgot it's closed yet. Anyway, I think it should be open soon, and in the meantime let me just quote the first post of the thread:
I know my join date is new but I've been lurking here for years and I just gotta say... This place just ain't what it used to be. Seriously. The intelligence level has dropped several magnitudes and it's all about the 'lulz' now. It's tearing this community apart and I wheep at night just thinking about it. If we (and by 'we' I mean 'you') all make a concerted effort we may turn back the tide of the decline. Here's too it, chaps. For liberty!

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Elwro said:
Here's too it, chaps

I suggest banning all Codexers from the UK.

Also, the ones with bad grammer.

Now by combining these two, I suggest we ban every Codexer named "aron searle", 'cause he's obviously a mole.

racofer

Thread Incliner
http://www.gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=26141060

Scroll down to post made by fireandcloud . I don't know how to directly link to posts in that forum (if that's even possible)

i love steam.

1) there are a lot of games on it that you can't find anywhere else.

2) great selection of games and neatly organized; easy to browse and find what you want.

Torrents offer more.

3) it's convenient. no need to go outside, which is especially welcome in cold days like today, or wait 3-5 business days for the game to arrive via mail.

*facepalm*

4) no cd/dvd check, meaning i don't have to switch cd/dvd everytime i play a different game from the one i was playing previously.

No big deal, really. You only exchange that for phone-home before playing.

5) updates my games automatically, so i don't have to worry about patches and so forth.

Downloading patches is teh hard!

6) sometimes there are really good deals on steam, like the recent 10-50% holiday discount.

Steam are such nice guys.

And lastly, also my favorite:

7) no plastic bags. no plastic covering. environment-friendly!

The hypocrisy or ignorance present in this last sentence is... difficult to describe.

*facepalm*
*headesk*
*holds breath until death*

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom