Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

Lingwe

Liturgist
Damn you Bethesda for not including bullet holes in Fallout 360, Half Life 2 had them:

http://www.bethsoft.com/bgsforums/index ... pic=888422

Id like to know why , with all the effort Bethsheda is putting into this game and especially the perk bloody mess with exploding heads ect. why they havent included bullet wounds in NPC's when you shoot them, It for me Kills some of the Realism since arms and legs ect come off , yet no bullet wounds ? The game would be perfect if they were there , Is it just me or those that take away from the realism for anyone else ? It looks stupid seeing blood spatter , yet no bullet wounds. (I mean just like blood decals not fully 3D anatomically correct wounds lol)

In Half life 2 , when you shoot civilians there are bullet wounds

Thanks for the clarification , I don't mean like anything really detailed , just ones like when you shoot the civilians in half life 2.

I just mean wounds like the civilians in half life two and soldiers in hidden and dangerous 2 courage under fire take when shot.

Have you seen the damage the civilians in half life 2 take when shot ?

I Know what you mean , I wasn't talking about physically anatomically correct wounds. just lil red dots like the ones that appear on the civilians in half life 2 when they are shot .

The most ironic part of it all:

98% of forumers are whiners......put this in your sig if your one of the 2% who aren't.

Edit, she removed that part of her signature...

DraQ

Arcane
I've never seen or heard of a video game where your enemies have bullet wounds i mean sure in cut scenes a character might clutch a wound but that's different.
There is no need for that type of realism anyway. Just enjoy the game for what it is.

Bethtardo.

Dear god, the nonexistant, this thread just oozes concentrated stupidity (and by "concentrated" I mean "neutronium grade", at the very least).
Bethtards are even more pathetic when trying to look smart, than when behaving in their default, moronic manner.
How the fuck can someone be that dense without creating their own event horizon that'd mercifully isolate us from their mindless drivel?

DoppelG

Scholar
Lingwe said:
Damn you Bethesda for not including bullet holes in Fallout 360, Half Life 2 had them:

http://www.bethsoft.com/bgsforums/index ... pic=888422

Id like to know why , with all the effort Bethsheda is putting into this game and especially the perk bloody mess with exploding heads ect. why they havent included bullet wounds in NPC's when you shoot them, It for me Kills some of the Realism since arms and legs ect come off , yet no bullet wounds ? The game would be perfect if they were there , Is it just me or those that take away from the realism for anyone else ? It looks stupid seeing blood spatter , yet no bullet wounds. (I mean just like blood decals not fully 3D anatomically correct wounds lol)

In Half life 2 , when you shoot civilians there are bullet wounds

Thanks for the clarification , I don't mean like anything really detailed , just ones like when you shoot the civilians in half life 2.

I just mean wounds like the civilians in half life two and soldiers in hidden and dangerous 2 courage under fire take when shot.

Have you seen the damage the civilians in half life 2 take when shot ?

I Know what you mean , I wasn't talking about physically anatomically correct wounds. just lil red dots like the ones that appear on the civilians in half life 2 when they are shot .

The most ironic part of it all:

98% of forumers are whiners......put this in your sig if your one of the 2% who aren't.

That made me lol for 4,5 seconds flat.
Especially the "just lil red dots" part. So true, so true.

Deleted member 7219

http://www.bethsoft.com/bgsforums/index ... pic=888632

Best thread ever. A real gold mine.

Some of my favourites:

the game isnt going to be crap. but even if it was, i still personally wouldnt think it was. infact the more that statement annoys the haters, the more i will love the game.

This place is actually about the fairest place on the internet. They don't take a with us or get the eff out approach to it. But meh, believe what you will. Some of us will be having fun playing a game next week. Some of us won't!

i agree this is awesome, bethesda rocks
oblivion was awesome, but theres only so much fun you can have with swords
post apocalyptic with guns.... plus awesome, massive rpg world.... /hug Todd Howard

Hehe. This thread cracks me up. Bethesda didn't make the game out of the goodness of their hearts to please you. They're going to make a ton of money on it. You can thank them with your wallet!
you can say that about pretty much everything and every job in the world
if a doctor saved your life, would you not thank him?
a firefighter stops your house from burning down, do you not thank them?
and consider this : there are lots of games that are absolute [censored] yet they make lots of money
if bethesda wanted they could have rushed it, spent half the money making it, and still made a massive profit
be thankful most game companies dont do that

I have full faith and confidence in Bethesda. I've purchased Morrowind and Oblivion and was VERY happy with both games. I have no doubt that Fallout 3 will also live up to my high expectations. Bethesda is one of the few developers out there that seems to actually care about the quality of the product they release. I can't wait to get my hands on Fallout 3 and spend the next few months being addicted to it.

R00fles!

Helton

Arcane
fforcerwy9.png
fforcerwy9.png
fforcerwy9.png
fforcerwy9.png
fforcerwy9.png

We're shutting this abomination down. Please move in an orderly fashion to the nearest "lice inspection center".

fforcerwy9.png
fforcerwy9.png
fforcerwy9.png
fforcerwy9.png
fforcerwy9.png

Data4

Arcane
Admiral jimbob said:
I was at 25% and got banned on the raiding day last week for saying Fallout 3 would be good

I'm at 50%, but I only post there to take the occasional swipe at 3d Studio Max pirates. Not that I'm morally opposed to it, and not that Autodesk really gives a shit about it. I just find it amusing that the forum gods put the kibash on what they think is illegal activity, when I'm willing to bet that about 95% of the modellers there are using pirated software. Some of them have probably me-too'ed a thread or two denouncing illegal streams, screens, etc. Fucking hypocrites.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Haha they expanded their ridiculous flood control. Previously, you could post only once each 60 seconds. Now they extended it to 150 seconds. What the fuck.

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
http://www.mininova.org/com/1604630
FAKE!!! It's more like a rough draft of Fallout Tactics... none of the settings work (even in character creation) and it freezes all the time... Nothing at all like the new Fallout 3. This one is still in God-like view and is still turn based and if you chose to be a women, you start off naked... yes, that does sound cool but not when you see the resolution the game is in... it's either 640 X 480 or 320 X 240 and at 16 bit color. The worst demo I've ever tried out. Totally insulting the new Fallout 3 for those who don't know what it looks like.
:facepalm:

xuerebx

Erudite
I do call Isometric camera angle as God's Eye camera. 'Cause I'm God obviously.

Deleted member 7219

Some RPG's are much better than Oblivion, probably because some of the amazing plots. Like Final Fantasy 7. I loved that game. But now it looks like more and more games ar focusing on graphics. Most of the really good RPG's are on the Playstation 1, like Final Fantasy 7, Legend of Dragoon, Chrono Cross. All good games, all on the PS1.

Am I rambling?

I would like to kill this person.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
What I like most in Oblivion as compared to other RPGs is the fact that you are not the hero
I agree with this and I actually think it was a brave and innovative thing to do. I'm not sure it worked as well as it might have, but I applaud Bethesda for experimenting with a story idea other than "The Chosen One" which has been worked to death in fantasy and science fiction over the past ten years.

Ayup, and the "OMG I SAW YOU IN MY DREAMS!!!!!!!!!" was totally not there, no sir.

And how innovative! Games like Gothic 1 and 2 absolutely didn't feature that before!

Morrowind was far superior in that respect.

did I mention before, how I would like to painfully gut each and every possible person that mistakens "respect" with "aspect"?

For pure RP, MW worked fine, but it was absolutely HATED by the FPS players.

HERESY!

God, these people sure are stupid.

xuerebx

Erudite
Indeed some posters on there are stupid, just like over here though, make no mistake.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom