Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
games_20.jpg

games_33.jpg

Matalarata

Arcane
Patron

Steam said:
Hack and Slash zombie tower defense rhytm game with wide arsenal of melee weapons and stationar towers.
Your heart beats only when music is playing.
Party zombies like your music too and will try to dance near DJ Trump.
Zombies are so inaccurate and certainly will break audio system!

ss_c90e7fc10e630ace35020542dc039cda09793e6a.1920x1080.jpg

:what:

Dayyālu

Arcane
I've been recommended Dominions a few times. It looks like a bit of a headmelter though. Is 3 a good one to start with?

Buy 5 and remember it's a MP-focused game. SP is fun for what it is, though.

CoE4 is better if you like a Dominions-lite roguelike strategy game.

Also how does it differ from Conquest of Elysium 4 (I've sunk 250-ish hours into that), besides combat in Dominions looking prettier?

Direct control on magic, extended strategical layer, direct control on recruitment, better tactical control on troops, bigger variety on nations, no indies as major forces, no different layers (underground, hell, etc).

It' the strategical to CoE4's tactical.

I've been recommended Dominions a few times. It looks like a bit of a headmelter though. Is 3 a good one to start with?

I've only played 3 but AFAIK there's no reason at all to play anything but the latest version. It's all just more content and some small rule/mechanics/UI refinements.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy

It's a bit archaic control-wise but once you got the basics down it's not hard. There's just a trillion bajillion options that can confuse new players.
e: Dominions is a game where the weird bat people living on the other side of the world cast a ritual to steal the sun from the sky so the world becomes dark and cold but you don't care because your own worshippers are all cave-dwelling troglodytes and you're busy fighting the magical Celtic underwater women riding on firebreathing horses anyway. Then your pretender god loses an arm so you research some blood magic so he can feast on the flesh of virgins for a whole month in order to regenerate. By the time you're done however the world is fucked because nobody bothered to gang up on the undead Romans.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom