Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

TheHeroOfTime

Arcane
When yoy say "techs" you say "unintended glitches and bugs in the game's playability exploited by the players", right?

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
When yoy say "techs" you say "unintended glitches and bugs in the game's playability exploited by the players", right?
Ugh, you're one of those people. There is a reason why the Melee competitive scene is infinitely better than Brawl's (lol) was, and markedly better than Smash 4's. If you don't want to talk about the competitive viability of the game because that's not something that interests you, I'd argue that the fluidity and smoothness of Melee makes it far superior to the any of the newer installments. The reason I like Smash versus other fighting games is the level of control you have over your character, and the speed at which the game plays. Other fighting games such as Mortal Kombat or Guilty Gear look so boring in comparison because of this. Smash 4 and Brawl both took steps away from that, and that's the reason they are all inferior to Melee.

Whether or not they're glitches, they make the game better. Can you even do some of the basic techs such as wavedashes, dash dancing, pivoting, short hopping, and l canceling?

No Great Name

Arcane
They aren't exactly "unintended glitches and bugs in the game's playability exploited by the players" when most of them such as L-canceling existed in Smash 64 and were carried over to Melee and the rest like wavedashing are the result of the way Melee treats conservation of momentum and were known about during development by the development team.

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
^. Other than wave dashing, I'm not really sure what could be classified as a glitch. L cancelling ,short hops, dash dancing, and pivoting were all in Smash 64; and even wave dashing was known about by Sakurai. He just didn't think it could be practically applied. Also, lol.
ccE1tuK.png

In general, game developers need to look more at the outside world to find some gameplay ideas. It's a wonder a bee simulator game never happened. There is gameplay everywhere around us in both nature, the wilderness, cities, and human interactions.

They can barely be bothered to look at what other games within the genre they're working in are doing.

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria

Probably the best C64 soundtrack.

edit.

e2,
It really took me decades to realize how fucking "clean" these tunes are compared to other stuff were on 8-bit system.

Last edited:

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I can already see Shyamalan making a Doom movie where end twist is that it was all a drug trip and all murdered demons were actually just normal people.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom