Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

Self-Ejected

ManjuShri

Self-Ejected
juvl29.jpg

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Massive drama on AVGN's site: http://cinemassacre.com/2012/08/12/cheetahmen-2-update/

This is the budget for the Cheetahmen 2 package (boxed game, poster, comic book) explained by Greg Pabich.

In addition, I’d like to explain: On Cinemassacre, we usually run advertisements for things like Burger King or something like that, so when I was asked to promote a game that I reviewed as AVGN, it sounded like a cool idea. It was something I thought my audience would like. Admittedly, I didn’t know much else about the project other than someone was re-releasing Cheetahmen 2. Just someone releasing a game. How could that go wrong? I got the script and filmed my part for the promo, while I had my head buried deep in the Schwarzenegger Games episode which I was working on at the time.

Over the past week, there’s been a lot of fuss over the Cheetahmen thing, so I looked at the Kickstarter page for the very first time. I admit, I didn’t understand the costs at first and I should have researched it beforehand, but when it was explained to me, it made more sense. Honestly, I’ve paid $60 for the Nintendo World Champion reproduction cart that you saw in the NWC episode and that game didn’t come with a box or comic book. But I don’t know a thing about game production. My suggestion is not to listen to internet rumors and jump to conclusions. Make your own judgement and only donate if you want a Cheetahmen game. The choice is yours. I’m truly sorry about any inconvenience.

Let's look at the comments...

Well, it’s better than no explanation at all, but it’s still doesn’t seem legit to me. If this guy wants money to create “a whole game package”, he should create his own game, not just download a hacked ROM (claiming he’s fixing it himself) and throwing it on a repro cart.

If you want a Cheetahmen II cart, go buy a Cheetahmen II cart. If you want a Cheetahmen II repro, go get a Chettahmen II repro. If you have THIS guys Cheetahmen II repro, then you’ve got more dollars then sense.

Just because he “explains the cost of the product” doesn’t change the fact that he’s creating a product that already exist and can be obtained for much cheaper than he’s providing.

You really, really should back out of this endorsement.

Okay, how about this…

This guy downloaded a free hacked ROM, is putting it on a cart, and using the manufacturing cost to justify the KickStarter campaign.

You all think there’s nothing wrong with that? Okay, I respect your opinion.

Hypothetically, what if I were to download all the AVGN episodes and have a KickStarter campaign to manufacture my own AVGN DVDs to sell as my own? Would explaining how much it cost me to manufacture those DVDs justify anything?

:butthurt:

Going back to previous posts http://cinemassacre.com/2012/08/06/cheetahmen-2-nes-release/

People aren’t fucking stupid.
Disabling the comments on the youtube video goes to show your complete lack of respect for your fan’s opinions on this terrible sham.

Everyone makes mistakes, and it was pretty fair to say, given the supreme track record of James, that he was bound to make a shitty call… and he did.
But don’t just silence your critics… it doesn’t make them go away.

Bad call guys, it’s moments like this that make us all realize you guys over at cinemassacre are far from professional yet .

And stop wearing makeup, James…
Just because you had to do it for your movie does not mean you need to do it for every video. It’s VERY noticeable and distracting.

:lol:

@AVGNFAN505104 Now that is crap. Look I’ve been a fan of James’ since I was in high school and what happened here was nothing short of a bad business decision. Now Mike and James have to own up with what they did along with Pat and Game Chasers. I don’t see Greg doing this, but those guys need to. I love James’ work, but this… I just can’t support because this should’ve been obvious to all three parties that this is indeed a scam. Plus according to James, Mike, and Pat this was indeed a scam. Need proof well here you go.

s1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee414/sylentknyte/?action=view&current=mikecomments.jpg

http://thepunkeffect.com/?p=7352&cpage=1#comment-8405

So from one fan of James’ to others who enjoy his work, I have one question for you all. Why would someone support this?

mikecomments.jpg

:lol: Mike totally went off the reservation there.

Much more butthurt on Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=cheetahmen 2 avgn&oq=cheetahmen 2 avgn&gs_l=youtube.3..0.673.1122.0.1263.5.3.0.2.2.0.144.313.1j2.3.0...0.0...1ac.XUIE8RR3OjA

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
All those needless words and art when an edit would have been funnier.
stupidsexysnake_2.gif

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...-day-one-dlc-online-passes-micro-transactions

BioWare on how to monetise players

BioWare has discussed its business strategy for providing extra (paid) content to players after a game has been released.

One such method includes day-one DLC, something the Mass Effect studio is convinced gamers can be tempted with.

"Fans do want more content. From the moment the game launches. They tend to say 'I want it now!' So it needs to be there when it's ready," BioWare online development director Fernando Melo explained at GDC Europe today. "They choose when to pick it up, day one or later."

Day-one DLC makes business sense, Melo continued, as it meant that writers and concept artists who had finished their jobs on Mass Effect 3 could be put back into work immediately - while their colleagues continued on the main game.

In Melo's eyes, another form of day-one DLC is the Online Pass, although new copies of the game may ship with the content. 11 per cent of all Mass Effect 2 DLC revenue came from the Online Pass, content that had already been planned for as an incentive to new customers.

"An analogue [to the Online Pass] is free-to-play games, or games with a premium layer of service," Melo added, name-checking Call of Duty Elite and Battlefield Premium. An Online Pass could be seen similarly, as an 'out-of-the-box premium service'.

Mass Effect 3 also added micro-transactions to the franchise. The game lets players spend real-life money unlocking multiplayer content such as weapons and character classes, allowing users faster access than by simply using in-game currency.

"If you have five DLC packs at $10 each, you can only ever earn a total of $50," Melo explained. Micro-transactions allow the "potential for more" player spending, and give gamers the ability of extra "choice".

"Gamers are actually happier, as they are able to spend money when they want.
People may not want to pay upfront. They may be happier to pay when they are 'in the moment'."

Overall, the packs have been "very successful for us", Melo concluded, adding that their sale has allowed the development of several free multiplayer expansions, which has in turn encouraged more players to the game, who have then spent more money on content packs.

modern game dlc, the equivalent of the hotel minibar

Angthoron

Arcane
modern game dlc, the equivalent of the hotel minibar

It's interesting yet disappointing that only the gaming industry has had the wisdom to make Day 1 and Day 0 DLCs be available "immediately" to their customers; imagine how much more profitable cinema, book, music and comics business could be when, together with the main product, the producers would offer a wide array of Day 1 DLC!

Potemkin: The Lost Meat DLC, a potentially game-changing section of the film that explains the true fate of the spoiled food! Launching in theaters near you, this 3-minutes short will move you to tears!
The Sun Also Rises: Penis Reparation DLC, do you really want your protagonist to be unable to have sex with a hot former nurse? Buy this Day 1 DLC to change all the key scenes of the famous novel!
Sandman: Sand Castle DLC adds a collector edition of Sandman's home, where YOU get to place the cut-outs in ways that YOU want!
Metallica: The Good Songs DLC: Tired of shitty songs from Metallica? This exclusive code permits you to obtain the Day 1 DLC with good songs - not available at other retailers!

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/08/14/opinion-borderlands-2-and-the-girlfriend-mode-farce

It’s actually refreshing to read many of the comments on stories posted at outlets that decided to cover this episode. Many people are tired of knee-jerk reactions that attempt to take people’s words and spin them into something offensive when they were meant innocuously. And they’re especially sick of being subjected to the vocal whims of a few people that feel like they need to be there to protect someone or something that never requested their help in the first place. (If you pay close enough attention to society at large, this is a common problem.)

It’s the very reason why so many people advocating for political correctness in its many forms have steadily become parodies of themselves. When you are offended by literally everything and anything – even the words of one man clearly not designed to offend – you fall into that trap without even knowing it.

Wtf is this, backwards day?

Peter

Arcane
It’s actually refreshing to read many of the comments on stories posted at outlets that decided to cover this episode. Many people are tired of knee-jerk reactions that attempt to take people’s words and spin them into something offensive when they were meant innocuously. And they’re especially sick of being subjected to the vocal whims of a few people that feel like they need to be there to protect someone or something that never requested their help in the first place. (If you pay close enough attention to society at large, this is a common problem.)

It’s the very reason why so many people advocating for political correctness in its many forms have steadily become parodies of themselves. When you are offended by literally everything and anything – even the words of one man clearly not designed to offend – you fall into that trap without even knowing it.

Wtf is this, backwards day?

IGN editorial defending big publishers and devs? No, everything seems to be in order.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/55394/

The Unlockable Pack gives access to all unlockable items, upgrades and bonuses that weren't chosen during normal gameplay. Now you can have it all!

Was there ever a more pointless DLC.

The problem is that the piratebay version, which includes all DLC, includes this too, which is shit because then you have everything unlocked from the start. Who even enjoys such shit, the fun is to play the game and get unlocks as reward. Why would anyone want to skip the fucking gameplay (especially since SR3 is quite fun to play). :decline:

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

Yeah but the people at borderhouse aren't really part of society, they're just some rejects living in their paranoid world of hate speech and disdain.
Borderhouse is basically a meeting place for people that should be put into gas chambers.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom