Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by Jaesun, Mar 15, 2011.

1. Average Manatee Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

Average Manatee
    morans.

Let me blow your fucking minds.

Show Spoiler
    [​IMG]

^ Top  
  2. RK47 collides like two planets pulled by gravity Patron

RK47
    Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
    But console Skyrim makes it better :)

^ Top  
  3. Average Manatee Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

Average Manatee
    The UI is literally the same except for Quest Arrow bullshi.... oh right, we're talking about consoletards.

^ Top  
  4. DraQ Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

DraQ
    But skyrim *hides* bars when they are full.
    :troll:

Actually, hiding unneeded information (bar not visible implied full, for instance) is a good thing.
    However, it's about *the* only thing that's good about Skyrim's GUI and it's completely independent of control method.
    And then Skyrim UI fails to display relevant information - I'm speaking of active effects here, forcing you to delve deep into menus to learn for example whether your summon has been destroyed, lost or depawned, when are your buffs running out and what effects you've been hit with.
    It also features completely unnecessary exploration spoiler (compass - you can enable in-world quest markers if you need those, and compass iteslf isn't strictly necessary and could be implemented in much subtler and less conspicuous manner - see System Shock 2) and fails to hide ugly, blocky, console crosshair when it's not in use.

And that's relatively good adventuring FPP GUI.
    Underneath lie horrors. Lists without icons, sorting or information columns, hotkeying mechanics that involves navigating two lists, many clicks and is impotent when trying to, for example, select hand you want to use and general clusterfuck of pure evil and design ineptitude.
    Compare with clean, functional and customizable Morrowind GUI on PC.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  5. Clockwork Knight Arcane

Clockwork Knight
    Raining through the roof, really? Fucking consolized shit

^ Top  
  6. circ Arcane

circ
    It's the Matrix.

^ Top  
  7. DraQ Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

DraQ
    I don't get it either - a modder could fucking fix it back in Morrowind, with MCP, while having to go the hard way.

Can't bethpizda hire some programmers who don't code with their asses?

^ Top  
  8. IronicNeurotic Arbiter

IronicNeurotic
    http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=588476

JRPGS are hard

^ Top  
  9. Cosmic Misogynerd Self-Ejected Patron

Self-Ejected
    Codex 2013 Divinity: Original Sin
    Maybe a Solaris fan?

Show Spoiler

^ Top  
  10. Tehdagah Arcane

Tehdagah
  11. Horus Arcane

Horus
    Istanbul-Constantinople-Byzantium-Piece of land.
    I couldn't decide where this fits so i'll post it here.:)
    [​IMG]

Who the fuck would want to spreadsheet excel style game with controllers? Good answer btw.:lol:

^ Top  
  12. Horus Arcane

Horus
    Don't read youtube comments for the sake of your mental health. There are horrifying creatures out there, breathing the same air as we do.

^ Top  
  13. circ Arcane

circ
    Football Manager 14?

^ Top  
  14. Horus Arcane

Horus
    Yup, the serie that hasn't changed at all since it's creation. (Even declined a little bit to be fair)

Edit: They don't fucking fix the engine for years and keep adding insignificant details to the game. It's 2013 and i'm still forced to play with 2D engine to avoid shit like these.
    [​IMG]

^ Top  
  15. evdk comrade troglodyte :M Patron

evdk
    Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
    Wait till they introduce Ribbon.

^ Top  
  16. Horus Arcane

Horus
    What is ribbon? Couldn't find it on google.

^ Top  
  17. Toffeli Atomkrieg, ja bitte Patron

Toffeli
    Wasteland 2
    ^ Top  
  18. Clockwork Knight Arcane

Clockwork Knight
    Yeah, there's no football-fan dudebro market on current and next-gen consoles.

Oh wait

Also you don't need quick reflexes, it's menu-based. It could easily work with a controller if they put some effort into it. Shoulder triggers change windows, shoulder buttons change tabs, etc. As a downloadable title I think it would be successful.

^ Top  
  19. Horus Arcane

Horus
    Football manager fans and Fifa fans are completely different breed but yes football nuts like me are always interested in these types of games and we simply buy pc for it.:)

^ Top  
  20. Carrion Arcane Patron

Carrion
    It would be a nightmare.

Every player in the game has a screen like this. This is just one of the dozens of pages that you can choose, the general player profile under the "Overview" category in the top right corner. "Transfer", "Contract", "Stats" etc. each contain a bunch of other pages which more or less take up the entire screen at once. On PC this is not an issue because you can fit a ton of information on the screen at once and navigating the menus is easy because of the mouse. However, if you were playing this on a TV screen, it would become an incomprehensible mess because that font size is unreadable from the couch. You'd have to divide every page into at least two or three subpages to make it readable, and navigating them with a controller wouldn't be nearly as smooth as with a mouse. You don't want to cycle through all of them either, you want to be able to jump from the scouting report to the profile page instantly. Just try to imagine managing a team of 20-30 players, each one having more than 60 different spreadsheets for various pieces of information, not to mention that you'll probably want to scout a hundred other players as well. It would suck incredibly hard.

There is a handheld version which is much simpler, and something like that might work on a console too. It's just that playing such a text-heavy game on a TV screen would still probably make your eyes hurt pretty fast. If your computer uses electricity, it can also probably run FM13 and FM14. There's just no need for a console version.

I don't see the decline. I can understand that some people prefer some of the earlier versions because of general balance and more focused gameplay, but the game's only got more complex every year. They occasionally streamline some things (like the training system this year) while making other stuff more detailed. The first Championship Manager was very simple and to-the-point in comparison (and addictive as hell, naturally), and you could probably make a console version of that without problems.

FM13 actually has a new match engine which is much better and less exploitable than the previous one. Although I'm hoping it'll be more reliable in the next game, it's admittedly a bit more buggy compared to FM12. I played a thousand matches or so in that game too and don't remember a single notable AI fuckup off the top of my head. FM13 has those every few hundred games or so.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. evdk comrade troglodyte :M Patron

evdk
    Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
    A much maligned new MS Office UI.

^ Top  
  22. Clockwork Knight Arcane

Clockwork Knight
    Hmm, yeah Carrion, I forgot that you can't fit as much information on the screen if the player is on the couch. I'm still not sure about the "no market" remark, though.

^ Top  
  23. Horus Arcane

Horus
    http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/inde...fs-that-amuse-you.47651/page-286#post-2711833
    They always release the game with broken engine and try to fix it in updates 6 months later. Besides, every version of the game has some glaring exploits that it's not funny anymore.
    For this version it's tall target man strikers because defender AI is so broken, they don't even try to head the ball that came from crosses. Just look at %90 of goals and you'll understand that it's a pretty broken match engine. There are problems with 2D too but it's less than 3D engine.

To give the credit where it's due, they made it harder to play with plug&play tactics so i have to adapt to my opponent for every match in Serie A.(Not much in other major leagues though)
    I think of new games as a decline because i'm still forced to play with 2D engine that was build years ago to avoid engine going bananas.

^ Top  
  24. Carrion Arcane Patron

Carrion
    Sounds weird as I never had issues like that, and I played the game for more than 20 seasons. I only remember one goal that was a direct result of a bug (an opposition player scored by making a panic clearance from his own half), and pretty much all of the thousands of other goals were something that could realistically happen in an actual game. The games in the lower leagues seem to have more weird goals due to lower player attributes, though. Never had any problems with target men myself, although corner kicks to the near post are still devastatingly effective. If your defenders have high jumping, marking, anticipation etc., floating crosses don't usually pose much of a threat regardless of who the opposition strikers are.

I did play using the 2D camera but I used the 3D mode for replays.

^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.