Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

Whisky

The Solution
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
O310N.png

Jesus, you never really understand how much decline there is until you see something like this.

I've owned a copy of Final Fantasy 7 for fifteen years. I can pop in the disks and it will play. It's been like that since I was nine years old.

Wow.

lightbane

Arcane
Pony fans are not people, they are an horde of overweight subhuman scum that corrupt everything they touch. They should be cleansed and purified with fire.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Can you tell us about one of your proudest moments working in game development?
When I was told that all of the romances in Dragon Age II were going to be available to both genders, I was a little nervous because I had never written (or read) romances for gay men before. I thought a lot about how to present the male-male romance for Anders and I received some nudges that it should be made to feel less important/less emotional than the heterosexual romance. But ultimately, I decided that love and passion were human universals and I was going to write the male-male romance as romantically as the female one. When the game came out, we got a letter from a fan, a young man who was coming to terms with the realization that he was gay. He said that he had never seen a gay romance portrayed positively, and he was terrified that he was never going to be able to fall in love or have a meaningful relationship with anyone. He was considering killing himself, he said, until he played the Anders romance – it was the first time he had seen anyone portray a gay relationship as genuinely romantic and loving, and now he was going to devote the rest of his life to finding that kind of passion (though hopefully not with a bipolar terrorist…) That was an amazing moment for me, because it showed that the characters we create in these games really do have a genuine effect on people, even if it’s just a few of them. Just because we’re making games, it doesn’t always has to be “just a game.”
- Jennifer Hepler ( http://blog.bioware.com/2012/06/11/interview-with-senior-writer-jennifer-hepler/ )

Menckenstein

Lunacy of Caen: Todd Reaver
She's probably trying to distance herself from that piece of shit novel while she builds her reputation with these piece of shit video games.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Wait what? Wasn't there a book of hers where she did put in some gay romance?
No, that was pure propaganda. There's no gay stuff in MITH. I'm also still disappointed that Chris Hepler gets no flak for that mess either even though he co-wrote it. I guess it's hard to attack the Mass Effect Planet Lore-Guy who keeps his opinion to himself. I bet he was impotently steaming when all those people attacked his wife. :P

Menckenstein

Lunacy of Caen: Todd Reaver
No, that was pure propaganda. There's no gay stuff in MITH. I'm also still disappointed that Chris Hepler gets no flak for that mess either even though he co-wrote it. I guess it's hard to attack the Mass Effect Planet Lore-Guy who keeps his opinion to himself. I bet he was impotently steaming when all those people attacked his wife. :P
He was probably jacking his little penis inside of an empty conference room to pictures of Yvonne Strahovahvoahvoavahovhaovhaski in her little mocap suit and stuffing wadded up pages from their MITH novel into his asshole at the same time.

thesoup

Arcane
He was probably jacking his little penis inside of an empty conference room to pictures of Yvonne Strahovahvoahvoavahovhaovhaski in her little mocap suit and stuffing wadded up pages from their MITH novel into his asshole at the same time.
Wait, they're a family of shitty writers now?:lol:
Maybe their kids can also write gay romances for Bioware once they grow up.:thumbsup:

Angthoron

Arcane
Wait, they're a family of shitty writers now?:lol:
Maybe their kids can also write gay romances for Bioware once they grow up.:thumbsup:
The female Hepler beasts consume their young.

Edit: Also, just how fucking badly narcissistic this society is, when you have to get your positive fucking reinforcement around the "you"-centric popular media shit? I mean, it's kinda nice that Hepler gave that kid some hope and direction, but holy fuck, REALLY? The guy could find no positive reinforcement to his model of life in mass media and so he thought to kill himself? How about, oh, I don't know, actually thinking a little? Do these people have a functional brain or did someone turn off the oxygen for them as they'd just been born, for a moment?

Fuck.

Or wait. Wait. Gay people of the Codex, did you have a problem figuring out that one out?

Chateaubryan

Cipher
Also, just how fucking badly narcissistic this society is, when you have to get your positive fucking reinforcement around the "you"-centric popular media shit? I mean, it's kinda nice that Hepler gave that kid some hope and direction, but holy fuck, REALLY? The guy could find no positive reinforcement to his model of life in mass media and so he thought to kill himself? How about, oh, I don't know, actually thinking a little? Do these people have a functional brain or did someone turn off the oxygen for them as they'd just been born, for a moment?

Fuck.

Or wait. Wait. Gay people of the Codex, did you have a problem figuring out that one out?

Can't speak of the gay thing, but that story doesn't surprise nor shock me. When you're a little shit, you're not always taught the frame of references you need to build up your identity, so in many cases it takes more time for some people to get the intellectual tools and space to think their life and values over. On top of that, (especially if the guy's a teenager, which shouldn't be a surprise) there's a good chunk of hormones going ballistic and wrecking the emotional intelligence up, clouding the judgment. So if he gets some kinds of emotional comfort from playing a Bioware game before thinking it through when he gets enough confidence, big deal. Whether the guy intended seriously of killing himself if he hadn't play DA 2 is irrelevant; WHAT DO YOU KNOW the BIOWARE PLAYER probably has a soft spot for dramatization.

Maybe I'm partial to this, since some games had the same effect for me, but there I think there is little to no difference from getting positive reinforcement from PS:T or Dragon Age - or whatever shit you're getting your kicks from - as far as emotions go. Thing is, when you're a teenager, you take what goes for you. It's pathetic all right, but lucky you if your teenage years weren't pathetic.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom