Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

Kane

I have many names
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Oooh.
41784_410147630603_3666297_n.jpg

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Mass Effect: The Krogan Wars Gears of War clone?

Only problem with that is no humans involved which would prevent IMMERSION. Actually that's a problem with the ME universe in general, they can't have prequels that go too far back because humans weren't around back then.

Fens

Ford of the Llies
oh there's a lot of crosspromotion, tie-ins and spin-offs they can still try:
Need for Speed - Spacerace N7
Madden 2200
NHL 2200
Fifa 2200
Battlefield 4: For a Fistful of Collars
The Sims: Kroganville
Spore 2: Evolve to Die
Command & Conquer: Pathfinder

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
I actually thought the first contact war might be good, but then again, apparently nothing much happened there.

Then again, even so, the next game will impossibly have an interesting story because none of the interesting stories fits Bioware's stereotypical story so then it won't attract the masses. Bioware's games are always about the galaxy/world/land being at risk of total annihilation by a vastly powerful and almost impossible to beat threat, and only YOU can save it all.

Settings such as the First Contact War or Rachni Wars won't work because if you're not busy saving the universe then it's not fucking majestic enough.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
I actually thought the first contact war might be good, but then again, apparently nothing much happened there.

Then again, even so, the next game will impossibly have an interesting story because none of the interesting stories fits Bioware's stereotypical story so then it won't attract the masses. Bioware's games are always about the galaxy/world/land being at risk of total annihilation by a vastly powerful and almost impossible to beat threat, and only YOU can save it all.

Settings such as the First Contact War or Rachni Wars won't work because if you're not busy saving the universe then it's not fucking majestic enough.
Your forgot a very important thing they can (and will) do:

It is the First Contact/Rachni/Krogan War! But this is the true story that history forgot! Join the heroic Drahpehs and his crew on a secret mission to stop total annihillation from a threat that no one knew about!

Come on, they would totally make it like that.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
You know, I actually wouldn't put it past them to retcon some of the established lore. I mean, originally the reapers were supposed to be so powerful that it was nearly impossible to take them down with all but the absolute largest fleet available. Comparing the reapers in ME3 to Sovereign in ME1, either Sovereign was uber-powerful or the reapers turned into pussies somewhere along the way.

racofer

Thread Incliner
You know, I actually wouldn't put it past them to retcon some of the established lore. I mean, originally the reapers were supposed to be so powerful that it was nearly impossible to take them down with all but the absolute largest fleet available. Comparing the reapers in ME3 to Sovereign in ME1, either Sovereign was uber-powerful or the reapers turned into pussies somewhere along the way.

They went soft.

28v668h.jpg

Oriebam

Formerly M4AE1BR0-something
Mass Effect 4 star: ‘we don’t want Shepard 2′ – BioWare

There is one thing we are absolutely sure of – there will be no more Shepard, and the trilogy is over.

such a harsh statement

This is really our starting point. Now the Mass Effect universe is vast, and very, very rich. So at this point in time, we don’t even know what kind of time frame we’re going to be in
you should have highlighted the "now"

what happened between mass effect 1 and 3 to make it "richer/vaster", besides the collectors? actually, the collectors are insignificant and apparently the whole grimdark reaper war in ME3 just results in a fuckton of deaths
ME4 won't have Shepard, it will have Shepard achetype main hero.
exactly

any attempts to do otherwise will be really fucking exaggerated

Brinko

Arcane
http://www.joystiq.com/2012/10/20/eas-riccitiello-on-social-games-consumers-wont-pay-for-crap/
The decline of social games has been "overhyped," Electronic Arts CEO John Riccitiello said at Friday's App Conference in San Jose, California, AllThingsD reported. "Companies that are now suffering will have another day," Riccitiello said.

The CEO noted that viral marketing-style messages in social games that spam friends lists with requests don't make for "great gaming," and that "consumers won't pay for crap." Riccitiello had similar comments in May, when he said that "consumers want to be entertained, they don't want to be data managed."
Wait, isn't the new SimCity called SimCity Social? And isn't EA in a lawsuit with Zynga over their crappy Sims facebook game?
John-Riccitello.bmp

http://planetelderscrolls.gamespy.com/View.php?view=mods.detail&id=640

When this mod was submittied (2003), very rarely were they ever any screenshots included on a mod's DL page, especially on TES Summit which then became PES, and so for the really great mods that are fairly old there aren't going to be screenshots. If you want to check them out DL the mod, go look at it, and if you don't like it uninstall it; it's that simple.

On the other side of things, I once came across a mod that had awesome screenshots but the mod was broken and wouldn't work. People were giving the mod a 10 but there could be no way they were actually downloading and playing it because the errors made the mod unplayable. I emailed the modder and sent numerous requests for a fix or some advice on how I could fix it and the modder ignored me so I voted the mod a 1 and explained exactly why I had done this (after 3-4 months of posting the error in the comments and emailing the modder asking for him to fix it), and in the comments I explained I have no problem changing my vote if you fix this, the screenshots look great but I would like it if the mod were actually playable. He responded with a nasty, spiteful email finally after he noticed the vote of 1 and then took all of his mods off of PES.

TL/DR: awesome screenshots do not a good mod make

:lol:
Modders gonna mod.

racofer

Thread Incliner
Yeah, that kind of stuff is both funny and downright retarded at the same time.

I remember that the nexus sites had a thumbs down option for rating user submitted mods, and that required some sort of explanation before submitting your vote. The few times I actually bothered voting a mod, I remember my votes being deleted, and I received warnings because they weren't "constructive".

A few years later, nexus removed the ability to give a mod a thumbsdown and any negative feedback on their forums results in a permaban.

Cassidy

Arcane
http://planetelderscrolls.gamespy.com/View.php?view=mods.detail&id=640

When this mod was submittied (2003), very rarely were they ever any screenshots included on a mod's DL page, especially on TES Summit which then became PES, and so for the really great mods that are fairly old there aren't going to be screenshots. If you want to check them out DL the mod, go look at it, and if you don't like it uninstall it; it's that simple.

On the other side of things, I once came across a mod that had awesome screenshots but the mod was broken and wouldn't work. People were giving the mod a 10 but there could be no way they were actually downloading and playing it because the errors made the mod unplayable. I emailed the modder and sent numerous requests for a fix or some advice on how I could fix it and the modder ignored me so I voted the mod a 1 and explained exactly why I had done this (after 3-4 months of posting the error in the comments and emailing the modder asking for him to fix it), and in the comments I explained I have no problem changing my vote if you fix this, the screenshots look great but I would like it if the mod were actually playable. He responded with a nasty, spiteful email finally after he noticed the vote of 1 and then took all of his mods off of PES. Also he has an annoying habit of putting ~his username at the end of everything he writes

TL/DR: awesome screenshots do not a good mod make

:lol:
Modders gonna mod.

Fixed

~Qwinn

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
". Bioware's games are ALWAYS about the galaxy/world/land being at risk of total annihilation by a vastly powerful and almost impossible to beat threat, and only YOU can save it all."

Bullshit.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
". Bioware's games are ALWAYS about the galaxy/world/land being at risk of total annihilation by a vastly powerful and almost impossible to beat threat, and only YOU can save it all."

Bullshit.

Have a look at their last few games, how many of them didn't follow that storyline? Dragon Age, Mass Effect, Kotor. I never played Jade Empire, but apparently in that you were the last descent of some group of spirit monks or something, which is basically a set-up for becoming the 'chosen one.'

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member

Bullshit.

Have a look at their last few games, how many of them didn't follow that storyline? Dragon Age, Mass Effect, Kotor. I never played Jade Empire, but apparently in that you were the last descent of some group of spirit monks or something, which is basically a set-up for becoming the 'chosen one.'
Congratulations Newcomer, you just got trolled by Volly by replaying to his post.

Astral Rag

Arcane
Doom 3: BFG

-worse, overly bright graphics
-excessive motionblur
-tiny fov
-still no coop in Pc version...
-checkpoints
-no mod support
-censored Doom 2 secret maps
-30€

original:
2e4arfk.jpg

2012 release:
20kt93d.jpg

Did id "enhance" this game with RAGE technology?

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
Yeah, I was reading an article on the changes yesterday. Sounds like BFG is a complete waste of time and money. Even worse is that Steam removed the original Doom 3 and expansion, so you can't even get them anywhere.

The fact that there is no mod support just makes everything so much worse. There are some excellent mods out there that people will now be unable to play, such as the Dark Mod.

GreyViper

Prophet
Avellone is getting old
Then we shall build the Black Throne of Obsidian and keep his body is kept intact only by the cybernetic mechanisms of the Obsidian Throne and a potent mind itself sustained by the daily sacrifice of thousands of codex trolls.:drink:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom