Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

Volrath

Arcane
Patron
I hope there's a decent game hidden behind all the shit in Absolution :(

LivingOne

Savant
So not being a fan of FPS games anyway, do these new cover shooters even have strafing anymore, or maybe rolling or something? Or is it all, GET TO DA COVAH?
There are some dumb enemies from time to time that rush at you instead of taking cover so you'll have to get out of cover for about 4-5 seconds before taking cover again if you don't kill them in time judjing from trailers.

The suits call them 'smart and aggressive enemies that try to circle the battlefield and get behind you,OMG SUPER NEXT-GEN ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE DAT WASNT POSSIBLE BEFOR!!!11!!TRAILER AWSUM WITH GENERIC ROCKK MUSIK AND BLOODZ!!!1!'

Game journos usually agree.

Brinko

Arcane
http://gamasutra.com/view/news/180005/Breaking_Mass_layoffs_closures_at_Zynga.php#.UIbgVsXA-mh
Gamasutra has received first-hand confirmation that Zynga has laid off 100+ people from its Austin development studio, many of whom had been employed for over two years.

We have also heard, though can not confirm, that Zynga's entire Boston studio (Indiana Jones Adventure World) has been shut down, and that there is similar bad news in Chicago.

The announcements came during Apple's press conference this morning.

Zynga Austin's game The Ville and a new IP are both "done," according to an affected employee speaking to Gamasutra anonymously. Consumer video game blog Joystiq reports that its sources say that the studio's Zynga Bingo team is gone as well.

The move comes as Zynga prepares to unveil a weak Q3 earnings report tomorrow afternoon. Share prices today dipped as low as $2.20, below their all-time low closing price of $2.21.

More on this story as it develops. Anyone with first-hand knowledge of what's happening is encouraged to either comment below or email us directly at news@gamasutra.com.

Update: When this story first went live, we reported that Zynga Austin had been shut down. That may not necessarily be the case: we can confirm that over 100 people are out of work in Austin, but we can not confirm whether the studio is remaining open in some capacity, nor if Zynga's QA office in Austin has been affected. This story will be updated as we learn more.
:bravo:

Gerrard

Arcane
There's a thread on /v/ right now that is basically "best thread ever - kotaku editioin".

And it's fucsafGKGAFUIgkAvgbakbvo

Oriebam

Formerly M4AE1BR0-something
what's "done" supposed to mean? finished or finished?

There's a thread on /v/ right now that is basically "best thread ever - kotaku editioin".

And it's fucsafGKGAFUIgkAvgbakbvo

link it/select it for archival

Oriebam

Formerly M4AE1BR0-something
uh, it's archived now, should still be up for a week, but if there's anyone who wants it to be permanent the thread has to be voted up a few times, and for that you need an account

just saying

thesoup

Arcane
From the 4chan archive:
1351017412740.jpg

:lol:

Also, that thread was archived here.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Those game icons seems to have been carefully chosen to show how old-skool, indie and +AAA connoisseur this man is... and only a Kotaku writer would still have StarWars: TOR on his desktop today. :lol:

Angthoron

Arcane
I am a shitty gamer, my bed linens are not game character prints :(

I am surrender my gamer cred bros.

Phelot

Arcane
God, I don't even want to play video games anymore. These people just ruin it. "GUYZ LOOK AT MY ULTIMATE GAMING SHEETZ" It's just sickening. I mean, sports fans make fun of the assholes that walk around wearing matching team uniforms and shit, but with video games, this is apparently cool. It's cool to become obsessed with a video game character and dress as them and write terrible fanfiction about them fucking you in the ass. It's sickening that this shit more and more is the norm. We need to go back to the time when video games were shunned and not acceptable. We need to go back to the times when geeks were physically assaulted in schools. Back then was when all the best games came out. This all somehow correlates. Somehow.

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
God, I don't even want to play video games anymore. These people just ruin it. "GUYZ LOOK AT MY ULTIMATE GAMING SHEETZ" It's just sickening. I mean, sports fans make fun of the assholes that walk around wearing matching team uniforms and shit, but with video games, this is apparently cool. It's cool to become obsessed with a video game character and dress as them and write terrible fanfiction about them fucking you in the ass. It's sickening that this shit more and more is the norm. We need to go back to the time when video games were shunned and not acceptable. We need to go back to the times when geeks were physically assaulted in schools. Back then was when all the best games came out. This all somehow correlates. Somehow.
In my primary school bullies had C-64.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom