Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

Luzur

Good Sir
1351018198487.png

I wanna be a journalist too!

if this bed could talk indeed, talk of all the lonely nights of crying and masturbating to sleep.

Phelot

Arcane
Anyway, what is it about Sonic that makes the freaks cum their pants? I used to like Sonic on my Sega way back when, but what is it about a video game character like that that makes people so obsessed about it that they end up falling in love with it?

Ovg

Cipher
Furries in denial. Like chrischan. Also huge manchildren. Just look at all the amy/writer fanfiction, or gay sonic/shadow or whatever.

Phelot

Arcane
I would never do it, but if I were to go on a shooting spree, it would definitely be at a game convention of some sort. I would take advantage of the cover system, too :smug:

Ovg

Cipher
As they say. To fight the popamole you have to become popamole. Would you play dress up Phelot?

Phelot

Arcane
I'd imagine it would be pretty easy to prey on fat girls that dress up as Naruto characters. I'd guess their self esteem is pretty much shot.

I'd imagine it would be pretty easy to prey on fat girls that dress up as Naruto characters. I'd guess their self esteem is pretty much shot.

But then, what would happen to yours?

Well, apparently I'd write a book and sell it on Amazon.

:keepmyjewgold:

Too late for me. I just started looking for the kotaku archives and ended up finding biodrone stuff. It has not been the first time, but this time something was different. I think the Warp stared back at me with the strength of a thousand Goatses. :cry:

I think I'm going to make a ''leaving forever'' thread and kill myself.

Admiral jimbob

gay as all hell
Wasteland 2
Anyway, what is it about Sonic that makes the freaks cum their pants? I used to like Sonic on my Sega way back when, but what is it about a video game character like that that makes people so obsessed about it that they end up falling in love with it?
Sonic has particular appeal to autistic/Asperger kids, apparently. Go figure.

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Same reason people love Pepsi or Coke. Basically, Sonic 1-3 were both awesome games at the time as well as the most iconic Genesis titles. They were in direct competition with Mario and Sega's public face at the heart of the console war. Even if ultimately Sonic is not really a great character and has long sucked horribly, people still maintain their loyalty and love for the franchise because they were so devoted so many years ago. That love for Sonic and Sega as a whole has less to do with the quality of the franchise as it does with nostalgia, as well as the need to like something opposed to something else. Since Mario is bigger, more popular and better, that also tends to make Sonic fanboys think they're even more right in their devotion, i.e. teen rebel syndrome.

Phelot

Arcane
Same reason people love Pepsi or Coke. Basically, Sonic 1-3 were both awesome games at the time as well as the most iconic Genesis titles. They were in direct competition with Mario and Sega's public face at the heart of the console war. Even if ultimately Sonic is not really a great character and has long sucked horribly, people still maintain their loyalty and love for the franchise because they were so devoted so many years ago. That love for Sonic and Sega as a whole has less to do with the quality of the franchise as it does with nostalgia, as well as the need to like something opposed to something else. Since Mario is bigger, more popular and better, that also tends to make Sonic fanboys think they're even more right in their devotion, i.e. teen rebel syndrome.

I don't know... that doesn't really explain it IMO. Look, I know that there are people that sexualize every cartoon character imaginable, but I've noticed that Sonic specifically is targeted by more weirdos than any other. I mean, Mario is generally considered the most popular video game character ever created, but he isn't nearly as sexualized or obsessed over as Sonic is and I don't know that nostalgia can explain that phenomenon.

Menckenstein

Lunacy of Caen: Todd Reaver

I don't know... that doesn't really explain it IMO. Look, I know that there are people that sexualize every cartoon character imaginable, but I've noticed that Sonic specifically is targeted by more weirdos than any other. I mean, Mario is generally considered the most popular video game character ever created, but he isn't nearly as sexualized or obsessed over as Sonic is and I don't know that nostalgia can explain that phenomenon.
Because the kids who were given Master System/Genesis during the Nintendo/Sega Wars were molested.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
My brother did buy the new Sonic game though, that handheld one or whatever. He told me that at the end, modern Sonic tells retro Sonic that he has a bright future ahead of him. We laughed at the line for days. I mean, if I knew my future was Sonic 2006, I would definately go kill myself before that comes to pass.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
Ah, IGN, you so funny.

In a world of sequels, trilogies and reboots, it is astoundingly refreshing when something a little different comes along. It's even better when that new intellectual property (or IP, as we say in the games business) is actually good enough to be considered triple-A, meaning it could easily stand tall alongside the Mass Effects, Halos and Calls of Duty in the world.

http://www.ign.com/blogs/thunderhokie/2012/10/25/dishonored-refreshing-freedom-for-gamers

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom