Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Maybe we could move this discussion outside of General Gaming? Just a thought.
Also circ got most of them wrong, reality is funnier.

I agree this stuff can be be... amusing to look at as well but this thread is for retarded computer game related shit, not for various retarded people. Could Jaesun or some other mod kindly break this discussion out of the thread and move to GD?

Any way the following would fit such a new thread quite well
yMXCm.png

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
Glad to see in AC3 enemies can actually kill you. Combat is still way too simple and easy, but it is possible for enemies to kill you. In the previous games they'd just stop attacking and wait for your health to regenerate once it got critical.

It's not much, but I'll take any incline I can get.

Modron

Arcane
Glad to see in AC3 enemies can actually kill you. Combat is still way too simple and easy, but it is possible for enemies to kill you. In the previous games they'd just stop attacking and wait for your health to regenerate once it got critical.

It's not much, but I'll take any incline I can get.

Wrong tab eh?

Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
Oh, hell with it, I'll bite.
What is wikipedia? Is it turn-based like youtube's optional gameplay?

Wikipedia is definitely turn-based, unlike youtube with its optional RtWP (i.e., autoplay). although you could argue that its more like a text adventure with light rpg element.

This is such a hella-belated response, that I'm not even sure its appropriate. But fuck it; its the Pilgrim's fault, not mine.

Ok I have a problem with genderfluid, because it's a bullshit word. Someone with a few functional braincells would maybe call it fluidic gender - at the extreme, maybe gender-fluid. This is like someone with aspergers making up... Oh.

I think it's a variant of "genderqueer", probably because "queer" also has an offensive meaning.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genderqueer

FeelTheRads

Arcane
o_O OK, so out of curiosity I thought I'd Google some of the gibberish terms.
It started out quite funny:

FAAB is an acronym. It stands for Female-Assigned At Birth. A person who is FAAB was sexed as female, most likely based on how that person’s genitalia were perceived by the attending physician.

Most likely based on the genitalia. No fucking way.

But it quickly got fucking creepy, disgusting and sick:

Transabled people have a deep and obsessive need to have a physical impairment.

I think they have the need to be kicked in the fucking teeth.

Coyote

Arcane
Since I am partially responsible for this derail, I guess I should try to get things back on track. And what better segue from social justice derpery to gaming derpery than Bioware Social Network?

The reason Bioware won't add the option to see exactly what your character will say rather than a paraphrase, à la Human Revolution:

David Gaider said:
Okay, last time I will go through this particular argument-- in the future, I'll simply link to this if I must.

Displaying the full text of the line for a voiced PC does not work for us. We investigated it. We tried it out, and discussed it, and ultimately discarded the idea.

I get that some people feel they need all the information in order to make their dialogue choice-- and they feel that seeing the entire line displayed for them will give them that information. It won't. Or, I should say, it will... but it will break down just as often as paraphrases do. Which is to say not very often, but often enough that you remember the situations where that happens. The only way that wouldn't be the case is if we started writing player lines as if the PC weren't voiced, as in Origins.

Also, there are a significant number of people who would be greatly annoyed by reading the entire line and then having it repeated to them verbatim. Your response might be "well, they shouldn't select that option then." But many people will. They'll see it in the list of options and think "oh, that's an option that will give me more information? More information is better!" and they'll select it... and then be annoyed by the result. So we would be trading one group of people who believe this is what they want for another group who would take the option and make it a poorer experience for themselves.

And, yes, that is something we must concern ourselves with. We do not offer, support and test options unless we believe they work as a viable option for the game as we intend it to be played. And you might say to that "well, I think it would make the game better for me", but I'd suggest you're largely wrong in that. It doesn't actually address your base problem, which is with the voiced PC. At best we'd be going out of our way to not really solve your issue while actively making the game worse for others.

This is not to say there aren't things we can do to make the system better other than simply being more rigorous with our use of paraphrases. Not being as anal about not repeating words and phrases between the paraphrase and the actual line(s) is one, but there are others... which we will discuss at a later time. Displaying the full line is not, however, going to be one of those things.

"Our fans are morons who can't be trusted not to mess up our emotionally engaging cinematic experience if we give them any options to play the game the way they like. Also, nobody could possibly dislike our ingenious dialogue wheel, so clearly you're just butthurt about voiced dialogue." Reminds me of their reasoning for not including a friendly-fire option separate from difficulty level.

Bioware: We Know Better Than You.

Edit: Also, I noticed something about the Dragon Age 3 General Discussion board's description:

Mass Effect 3 General Discussion said:
This forum is for general discussion of Mass Effect 3.

Dragon Age II General Discussion said:
This forum is for general discussion on Dragon Age II.

Dragon Age 3 Inquisition General Discussion said:
This forum is for positive and friendly discussion on the upcoming Dragon Age III Inquisition game.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Oh, hell with it, I'll bite.
What is wikipedia? Is it turn-based like youtube's optional gameplay?

Wikipedia is definitely turn-based, unlike youtube with its optional RtWP (i.e., autoplay). although you could argue that its more like a text adventure with light rpg element.

This is such a hella-belated response, that I'm not even sure its appropriate. But fuck it; its the Pilgrim's fault, not mine.
But youtube also has turn-based. The optional gameplay is about the turning the snake around. Ergo, turn-based.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
This forum is for positive and friendly discussion on the upcoming Dragon Age III Inquisition game.

:lol: That is so sad.

Also, Gaydar is a stuck-up moron who doesn't make any sense.

LundB

Mistakes were made.
Dragon Age 3 Inquisition General Discussion said:
This forum is for positive and friendly dicksuction on the upcoming Dragon Age III Inquisition game.

Altered for accuracy. Bioware should update the description accordingly.

DwarvenFood

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Ok I have a problem with genderfluid, because it's a bullshit word. Someone with a few functional braincells would maybe call it fluidic gender - at the extreme, maybe gender-fluid. This is like someone with aspergers making up... Oh.
I guess genderfluid is like Odo from ST DS9 :troll:

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
Abstinent hardcore vegan activist = I can't get laid even if I try.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom