Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
GP97CEH.png
There's something utterly repulsive about his speech patterns.

Tehdagah

Arcane
I refuse to call myself "cisgender". Fucking refuse.

She looks white because of the glowing ball of energy on her hand, I think. But those eyes and lips are usually used to depict latino women (...)
Green eyes aren't used to depict the stereotyped view that americans have of latinos.

She looks typically european.

Last edited:

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
She has enough ethnic hints so that the dev can claim being inclusive, while being white enough for it to have no effect on any possible sales, meaning this whole thing is just a different kind of marketing spin (a la Gone Home), where the spin doctors just coopt the SJW lingo to try and sell their game.

Should have used "proud WOC" somewhere btw, research fail.

Skunkpew

Augur
How come a woman can be born a man, but a black woman can't be born with skin as white as snow? It makes no logical sense. If this sista believes she's black, then she becomes black, and we should all respect her post-modern freedom of choice.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
SJW types on Tumblr seem to live in some kind of hallucinated parallel universe, it's the only logical explanation for their demented bullshit.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/202897/Dark_Matter_pulled_from_Steam_after_team_is_laid_off.php

Dark Matter pulled from Steam, after team is laid off
dark%20matter%20long.jpg

October 22, 2013 | By Mike Rose

Interwave Studios, the company behind the much-discussed Metroid-like Dark Matter, says that it is working on an ending to its game -- but there's a little more to the story.

The Iceberg Interactive-published Dark Matter was pulled from Steam and GOG.com this week, after it emerged that the game did not have a proper ending. Players who reached the end of the game are told "To be continued" -- although no sequel is planned.

Interwave, the studio behind the game, has now said that this abrupt ending was as a result of its Kickstarter failing earlier this year, and that it would be adding an ending in a later patch.

"At present, the end of the game may cause confusion and is not satisfactory," Iceberg CEO Erik Schreuder admitted. "We sincerely apologise for this, as it is not of the standard we would expect. We are working to offer a more conclusive and satisfying ending to the game as we speak and expect a fix to appear as soon we are able to."

However, what the team has failed to disclose is that it isn't working on the title anymore. After the Kickstarter failed earlier this year, most of the Interwave team was let go between July and August, and the vast majority of the original Dark Matter developers are not working on the title any more, according to Gamasutra sources.

A source close to the studio told Gamasutra that Interwave is now a "sleeping company," with only a bare minimum of management at the studio, and insufficient developers to finish the title under current staffing levels. However, it's unclear whether third-parties would be able to finish the game separately of the original team.

UPDATE: Another source close to the studio has told Gamasutra that an external company is now handling the game's ending, and that none of the original developers are still working on the game.

The entire Interwave team, minus two management staffers, were let go during July and August. When the Kickstarter failed, the original idea was to package it up as Dark Matter: Episode 1 and use sales of the game to re-hire the original team and carry onwards -- however, this plan fell through.

:kfc:

Tehdagah

Arcane
She has enough ethnic hints so that the dev can claim being inclusive, while being white enough for it to have no effect on any possible sales, meaning this whole thing is just a different kind of marketing spin (a la Gone Home), where the spin doctors just coopt the SJW lingo to try and sell their game.

Should have used "proud WOC" somewhere btw, research fail.
For people who think that all europeans are like this:

blonde.jpg

She still looks european.

Rivmusique

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
dphrygian [developer]

Let me start by saying: This is a sensitive subject to many people, and I will not hesitate to close this thread if discussion gets out of hand.

Yes, the main character in Eldritch is a non-sexualized woman of color. In game, Eldritch lets you customize your character. Customization makes no real difference in the game, but it's important to me. It was also important to me that the default character was not exactly like me (i.e., a cisgender heterosexual white man).

The representation of women (as well as minorities and marginalized people of all kinds) in games has been and continues to be a problematic part of our medium.

Eldritch is a very "video game-y" video game, for lack of a better term, and is neither intended nor well suited to address social politics. And, frankly, I'm not the person for that job. But in an industry where marketing teams remove women from box covers because market research says games will move more units that way, I can't do nothing. Honestly, making the protagonist of Eldritch a woman feels insubstantial and insignificant compared to the meaningful work being done by my peers, but I need to do at least this small bit to improve a problematic aspect of video games.
:lol: Why do that? Why not just do it and leave it? This "look at me, I'm a fucking revolutionary" shit is beyond retarded.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
When the Kickstarter failed, the original idea was to package it up as Dark Matter: Episode 1 and use sales of the game to re-hire the original team and carry onwards -- however, this plan fell through.
This is called being DUMB AS SHIT. Had them simply added a "Episode 1" to the title and a "To be continued..." screen at the end, no one would've been bitching.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
When the Kickstarter failed, the original idea was to package it up as Dark Matter: Episode 1 and use sales of the game to re-hire the original team and carry onwards -- however, this plan fell through.
This is called being DUMB AS SHIT. Had them simply added a "Episode 1" to the title and a "To be continued..." screen at the end, no one would've been bitching.

They don't explain why the plan "fell through". Why would it fall through? It's just a name.

I assume the license owner had some sort of feud with the game's original team or for some other reason they refused to commit to a second episode. In any case, now they're all fucked. Morons.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Yeah, they somehow thought that releasing it without an end was more legit than releasing as Ep 1 with no planned Ep 2... hindsight is a bitch, I guess.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
Yeah, they somehow thought that releasing it without an end was more legit than releasing as Ep 1 with no planned Ep 2... hindsight is a bitch, I guess.
Valve has already shown that it's quite OK to release episodes 1 and 2 with no plans to make episode 3, so I don't think steam would complain, at least.
:troll:

Valve has already shown that it's quite OK to release episodes 1 and 2 with no plans to make episode 3, so I don't think steam would complain, at least.
:troll:

At this stage the best think Valve could do is embrace their inner asshole and release 'Half-life 3: episode 1'.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
I looked up all those twitter accounts and guess what: all the people in those images who responded to him were troll accounts specifically created to troll that guy and a couple of others. Le false flag operation as they would say on reddit.

Too bad, that's what you are, cissie. Do you refuse to think of yourself as hetero too?

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Too bad, that's what you are, cissie. Do you refuse to think of yourself as hetero too?
I think of myself as normal. Please do not lump me together with those deviants and their silly labels.

Thank god though that we have this social justice issues thread we can get this all on the table and debate the problema... oh, games you say? Posting gd shit in general gaming is fagottry? Retardo the whole discussion? OK, OK.

Unwanted

Hornawkawk

Unwanted

Good goy. That's a classic librul tactic of changing the language in their favour. Started when they reinvented the word 'gay' to mean 'homosexual'. Later on, they labeled their opponents 'homophobes', because phobias are bad, amirite? Now it's 'transphobic', 'cisgender' and whatnot and what have you.

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
while being white enough for it to have no effect on any possible sales,
People buying games basing on skin colour of protagonist. Fucking insane asylum, it's no wonder that Lesi went batshit insane and started writing about people grinding machines.
*Hides under the desk. Rocks back and forth.*

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom