Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
https://www.ebay.com/itm/313883488043?
P150220205.JPG
P150220206.JPG

P150220211.JPG
P150220208.JPG

130 dollars?WTF

Dr1f7

Scholar

But it is like that. Boring huge open world wasteland with unnecessary crafting and copy-pasted shit as far as the eye can see.

i do miss the sense of compactness and mostly clear direction that was present in dark souls 1
but it's not a dark souls game i guess, it's a good version of skyrim

Last edited by a moderator:

lightbane

Arcane
Alright, this makes the subhuman national "sport" of Spain look actually cool.

https://nichegamer.com/bullfighter-neon-kickstarter/

Publisher and developer Relevo are working on Bullfighter NEON, a NEO GEO era arcade action game that has you bullet-hell fight a cyber bull.

Based in Bilbao, Spain, Relevo are trying to create a retro homage in Bullfighter NEON to both arcade classics and a piece of their cultural heritage – the Plaza de Toros de Vista Alegre, where bullfighting has been held since 1882.

The main difference here, of course, is that Bullfighter NEON features a mechanized bull that fires lasers and missiles at your robotic fighter, whose only means of defeating the bull is your neon-muleta. Successful parries of the bull’s attacks with your muleta will slowly deplete its battery, eventually resulting in your victory.

Bullfighter NEON is currently on Kickstarter seeking $30,000 to ship the game sometime in December 2022, for Windows PC (via Steam). Console ports are planned, but only if the game reaches those stretch goals.

lightbane

Arcane
https://nichegamer.com/mega-man-zx3-was-once-in-development/

Mega Man ZX3 was once in development but has since been canceled
by Brandon Lyttle on March 13, 2022 at 9:00 AM, EDT

During a livestream late last year, staff at Inti Creates casually mentioned non-existent game Mega Man ZX3 was once in development.

Mega Man ZX was a new chapter in the Mega Man Zero series. The latest game Mega Man ZX Advent was released in 2007 and the series has seemingly been abandoned since then.

But three is an unlucky number when it comes to Mega Man and much like the ill-fated Mega Man Legends 3, Mega Man ZX3 has apparently been abandoned by Capcom.

You can find the livestream below where Inti Creates president Takuya Aizu openly confirms Mega Man ZX3 was once in development:

A translation of the conversation was made available on the Mega Man enthusiast site Rock Man Corner.

Tai Toshiaki: You made the player character [Mega Man], right, Mr. Tsuda?

Tsuda: Yes.

Toshiaki: And it moves very smooth, no?

Aizu: It does!

Toshiaki: The best Mega Man–

Aizu: Well, you know, Mr. Tsuda made ZX3‘s player character, right? He was working on the ZX3 player character and then brought what he had to Mega Man 9‘s player character. It was in the middle of ZX3‘s development. [note: Aizu isn’t referring to ZX3 or MM9‘s *literal* playable character(s). He is referring to the technical mechanics behind player-controlled characters. How they move, how they feel, etc.]

Tsuda: I-is it okay to talk about this topic? Is this a good idea?

Aizu: There is no such thing as a “ZX3” game! [laughing]

Tsuda: Well–

Aizu: Because the right name is ZX “C”!

Tsuda: Yes. Amazing.

Hiroki Miyazawa: Amazing, yes.

Aizu: I am the drunkest. (laughs)

Tsuda: I’m certain the project’s code name was “ZXC”.

Aizu: But that’s it, isn’t it? Mr. Kou… Young Yabe… Mr. Yabe wrote the setting materials.

Tsuda: Yes, yes.

Aizu: Yes indeed.

Tsuda: Well, he was preparing things to make it right away.

Aizu: Sure. He came up with a lot of places for the game’s world. No; I guess we shouldn’t be talking about ZXC.

Tsuda: It’s obviously a bad idea! But, uh, well…

Aizu: I’ll cut it up in the archive later. [i.e cutting the ZXC comments from archived version of the stream. He didn’t.]

Tsuda: If the fans wanna complain, talk to Capcom!… kidding!

Aizu: Those involved in the decision [cancelling ZX3/ZXC] have left Capcom by now anyway! Mr. Inafune isn’t there anymore to begin with!

What do you think? Would you be interested in a sequel to Mega Man ZX Advent? Are you still holding a candle for Mega Man Legends 3? What do you hope to see from the Mega Man franchise in the coming years? Let us know in the comments!

Honestly I can't understand Capcom's hate for Megaman, it was once one of their iconic franchises, but since 2010 or so the character (and its countless spin-offs) has been left to rot.
The fact Keiji I. was demonstrated to be a hack didn't help. At best they replaced MM for Gunvolt and its own spin-offs, which IMO is a weaker, pale imitation swapping robots for psychic powers and modern anime plot.
I kinda wish they made a reboot of the MMX series, or even a new entry like Megaman 10, but so far it's not happening.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom