Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
The point of the scene is that they are all the same and they're psychopaths fighting over tiny differences, so should just be Skyrim, Skyrim SE and Skyrim Anniversary.

Unless you're arguing that all modern Fallout games play exactly the same. If that's the case, well played.

Codex Year of the Donut
The point of the scene is that they are all the same and they're psychopaths fighting over tiny differences, so should just be Skyrim, Skyrim SE and Skyrim Anniversary.

Unless you're arguing that all modern Fallout games play exactly the same. If that's the case, well played.
Patrick-Bateman-Business-Card.jpg

Not a fan of the textured ones, but I have to agree that Allen's is the best simply because of the off-white color. Although I do appreciate the embossing on Bateman's card and believe it would be the superior card if it had that coloring.

Melcar

Arcane
Can't say which one was the best, but Allen's card was the most "simple" of the bunch and you could say the one that stood out the most. While all of them where just variations of the same, with small differences to try to one up the other, Allen's card is different enough in that it does not bother with "extras". This "different" is what caused Bateman to sweat and even start to think Allen was better. Personally I prefer Allen's and Bryce's. Bateman's is like that kid that adds all the extra shit that he thinks is cool.

yellowcake

Arcane

Not a fan of the textured ones, but I have to agree that Allen's is the best simply because of the off-white color. Although I do appreciate the embossing on Bateman's card and believe it would be the superior card if it had that coloring.

Bateman's also has very nice typography, I especially like the telephone number. But it may be too nice.

dbx

Arcane
Patron

Bateman's also has very nice typography, I especially like the telephone number. But it may be too nice.

I fucking hate that. The different sizes feels to me like nails scratching on a chalkboard

Owl

Cipher
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
I hate how most of numbers are placed in his card, it's like the guy couldn't keep the card in place while printing it.

I fucking hate that. The different sizes feels to me like nails scratching on a chalkboard

It's old style typography. It makes sense to use it in body text (e.g. in a book), it has better legibility. But yes, it looks a little odd when the numerals are separated from the text like that.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Text_figures

Last edited:

Owl

Cipher
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
Anyway, these different business cards make no sense, in a company like this every card would have the same design, typography, paper etc. It's part of the company image/identity.

crazyrobot.gif

Strig

Learned
I hate how most of numbers are placed in his card, it's like the guy couldn't keep the card in place while printing it.
Well, they're placed correctly, it's just that they're not lining figures. They're called text figures and are designed to look somewhat like lower-case letters. But it is an odd choice to use them in a small caps only design.

B.Figures.jpg

Caim

Arcane
Well, they're placed correctly, it's just that they're not lining figures. They're called text figures and are designed to look somewhat like lower-case letters. But it is an odd choice to use them in a small caps only design.

B.Figures.jpg
If the lower two chains of numbers were people I'd have to resist the urge to commit a hate crime.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom