Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Patrick-Bateman-Business-Card.jpg

Patrick and Tim had the best cards.
And david's offwhite is the worst of the lot.

El Presidente

Arcane
This really is one of the most amusing images of all times if you know what you're looking at, it'll always make me at least smile. I don't know if there's a single person around here who doesn't recognize this ( :rpgcodex: ) but, this was a speech that in-character Garriott was about to give to a small crowd in UO way back in its early days, when someone came along and cast a firewall spell that instantly killed Lord British. IIRC he had access to an invincibility spell but didn't use it for some dumb reason. Lord Blackthorn (played by someone else, I think Starr Long) was also there, got butthurt and summoned some monsters to kill the assassin, but the guy ran away and the monsters instead killed all the other attendees. :lol: One of the funniest shitshows in the history of online games.

I especially like the

3x
"I think your invincible, that fire didn't hurt you or Blackthorn..."
*3 sec later*
"LB is dead!!!"

And the green text (Garriott?) doing a philosophical speech on the nature of Chaos and someone else on light green saying "Yike" right above it :lol:

And of course the classic "HE DIED"

Good stuff. A frame from good old days that sadly won't come back.

Fun fact, Garriott in his infinite faggotry and butthurtness actually doesn't think this story is funny and in fact permabanned the assassin shortly after it, supposedly for "exploiting glitches" or some other bullshit.

It's a great story, a lot of coincidences that prevented this from ending with a fizzle.

https://massivelyop.com/2015/10/03/the-game-archaeologist-the-assassination-of-lord-british/

tl;dr this was shortly after a server crash and reset and LB forgot to turn on his usual dev invincibility toggle, the guards were disabled to prevent lag during the event (stress test), and the assassin was bored and playing on his thief alt so noticing the lack of guards he decided to pick pockets and found a scroll. Supposedly the guy had a history of griefing and exploit abuse and the assassinaton made him famous enough for the mods to get off their asses.

Rainz said:
Luckily my character was a good thief who had high stealing skill,” he explained. “I desperately searched the backpacks of those around me and eventually came upon a fire field scroll. After that it was pretty simple: I just cast the scroll on the bridge and waited to see what would happen. Either [Lord British] or Blackthorne made the comment, ‘Hehe nice try!’ — I can’t recall exactly who. It was a humorous sight and I expected to be struck down by lightning or have some other evil fate befall me. Instead I heard a loud death grunt as British slumped to his death. [...] It was a total shock. I stared at his corpse in disbelief then burst out in laughter […] After that it was just pure mayhem, Blackthorne or another force summoned four demons into the castle and people were dying left and right.

Garriot said:
When it happened, I was in shock and disbelief. I did not know what to do. I could no longer speak. I could not resurrect myself. I was in my office alone. Fortunately someone in QA could see me and resurrected me. Then the team decided to kill everyone, as we did not know yet that it was Rainz.

Last edited:

Azalin

Arcane
Patron

It's a great story, a lot of coincidences that prevented this from ending with a fizzle.

https://massivelyop.com/2015/10/03/the-game-archaeologist-the-assassination-of-lord-british/

tl;dr this was shortly after a server crash and reset and LB forgot to turn on his usual dev invincibility toggle, the guards were disabled to prevent lag during the event (stress test), and the assassin was bored and playing on his thief alt so noticing the lack of guards he decided to pick pockets and found a scroll. Supposedly the guy had a history of griefing and exploit abuse and the assassinaton made him famous enough for the mods to get off their asses.

Rainz said:
Luckily my character was a good thief who had high stealing skill,” he explained. “I desperately searched the backpacks of those around me and eventually came upon a fire field scroll. After that it was pretty simple: I just cast the scroll on the bridge and waited to see what would happen. Either [Lord British] or Blackthorne made the comment, ‘Hehe nice try!’ — I can’t recall exactly who. It was a humorous sight and I expected to be struck down by lightning or have some other evil fate befall me. Instead I heard a loud death grunt as British slumped to his death. [...] It was a total shock. I stared at his corpse in disbelief then burst out in laughter […] After that it was just pure mayhem, Blackthorne or another force summoned four demons into the castle and people were dying left and right.

Garriot said:
When it happened, I was in shock and disbelief. I did not know what to do. I could no longer speak. I could not resurrect myself. I was in my office alone. Fortunately someone in QA could see me and resurrected me. Then the team decided to kill everyone, as we did not know yet that it was Rainz.

You didn't post the entire screenshot that has Blackthorn's lines too

Uo1.jpg

It's also made funnier by the fact that Lord British was alsmost impossible to kill in the single player games and can be done is some only using some very specific means

lightbane

Arcane
Wasn't there that official studio that normies got scared if they saw a number bigger than 5 or so? Or at least American ones *looks at Final Fantasy games*

Caim

Arcane
The numbering... what drives humans to do this...

Screenshot-2022-05-25-235445.jpg

:stunned:
HDRzLrD.png
Hitman
Hitman 2
Hitman Contracts
Hitman Blood Money
Hitman Absolution
Hitman
Hitman 2
Hitman 3
Star Wars: Dark Forces
Star Wars: Dark Forces II: Jedi Knight
Star Wars: Dark Forces III: Jedi Knight II: Mysteries of the Sith
Star Wars: Dark Forces IV: Jedi Knight III: Jedi Outcast
Star Wars: Dark Forces V: Jedi Knight: IV: Jedi Outcast II: Jedi Academy

Suicidal

Arcane
The numbering... what drives humans to do this...

Screenshot-2022-05-25-235445.jpg

:stunned:
HDRzLrD.png
Hitman
Hitman 2
Hitman Contracts
Hitman Blood Money
Hitman Absolution
Hitman
Hitman 2
Hitman 3
Star Wars: Dark Forces
Star Wars: Dark Forces II: Jedi Knight
Star Wars: Dark Forces III: Jedi Knight II: Mysteries of the Sith
Star Wars: Dark Forces IV: Jedi Knight III: Jedi Outcast
Star Wars: Dark Forces V: Jedi Knight: IV: Jedi Outcast II: Jedi Academy

Kingdom Hearts I
Kingdom Hearts: Re: Chain of Memories
Kingdom Hearts II
Kingdom Hearts: Re:coded
Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days
Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep
Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance
Kingdom Hearts 0.2 Birth by Sleep -A fragmentary passage-
Kingdom Hearts: χ Back Cover
Kingdom Hearts 3

Note: I never played these shit games, but saw people mocking the names online on multiple occasions.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom