Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

Caim

Arcane

Classified specs leaked on War Thunder forum for third time
Recently, WarThunder has added more historically recent vehicles to the game, ones that remain in service with major armies. This, combined with a fervent, technicality familiar fanbase, has led to a few major leaks of classified technical information, affecting both the Challenger 2 and Leclerc MBTs.

Now the same fate befalls a non-NATO main battle tank. On the 31st of May, images reposted online show that a user posted an image of a Chinese DTC10-125 tungsten penetrator sitting on a technical document describing the specifications of the projectile.
https://ukdefencejournal.org.uk/classified-specs-leaked-on-war-thunder-forum-for-third-time/

If Western intelligence wants to find out about the specs of foreign military materiel is to intentionally be wrong about it on the internet and persist until some sperg leaks classified documents to win an online argument.

Gerrard

Arcane
We're only a few steps removed from that one EA executive's plan to have players pay for their bullets in a modern military shooter.
The online Call of Duty game that was China only already did that years ago.

Azalin

Arcane
Patron

download.jpg

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://www.washingtonpost.com/video-games/2022/06/07/esa-e3-2023-summer-game-fest-nintendo-direct/

E3 video game convention will return in 2023, says parent company
ESA president Stan Pierre-Louis also decried accusations of links between mass shootings and video games

It’s June, which in nearly any pre-2020 year would mean a cavalcade of new video game announcements with a loud red-and-yellow “E3” logo slapped on them. But in 2022, for the second time in three years, E3 has been called off entirely, with Summer Games Fest by former E3 host Geoff Keighley and a smattering of publisher-specific digital events taking its place. Despite a dire stretch, the organizing body behind E3, the Entertainment Software Association, says it hasn’t thrown in the towel just yet.

“We’re excited about coming back in 2023 with both a digital and an in-person event,” ESA president and CEO Stan Pierre-Louis told The Washington Post in an interview. “As much as we love these digital events, and as much as they reach people and we want that global reach, we also know that there’s a really strong desire for people to convene — to be able to connect in person and see each other and talk about what makes games great.”

Since 1995, the Los Angeles-based convention has served as the video game industry’s annual epicenter for major product announcements. But a string of controversies dogged the event in 2021, including restrictions on who could live stream E3′s digital-only 2021 event and a “friend-finding” social feature that revealed users’ personal details. And with game publishers increasingly relying on digital showcases instead of costly trips to La., reports suggest that trouble was brewing for this year’s E3 even before the ESA pulled the plug on in-person and digital events, cited concerns around the omicron variant.

When asked about these reports, Pierre-Louis declined to answer directly, saying: “What I can tell you is that covid has been a driving factor for anyone who conducts physical events for the past three years.”

Keighley’s competing Summer Game Fest event includes a press-focused in-person component in Los Angeles, though at a much smaller scale than E3′s typical gathering of over 50,000 people. Meanwhile, a rotating series of digital-only presentations like Nintendo Direct, Sony’s State of Play and regular showcases by Microsoft have largely occupied the hole left by E3, giving individual games more room to breathe and alleviating costs publishers were forced to spend on travel and game demos.

Still, Pierre-Louis said he believes there’s something to be said for doing things the old-fashioned way.

“I think what’s great about all this experimentation is that companies of all sizes are trying to figure out what works best to promote the product and the content that they are looking to share with consumers,” he said. “And I think there is a space for a physical show; I think there’s an importance of having digital reach. Combining those two, I think there is a critical element of what we think E3 can provide.”

Typically, the ESA announces the dates for the following year’s E3 at the conclusion of the current year’s event — which would normally be taking place around this time. Last year, it did not do so, leading to a cancellation announcement at the beginning of 2022. So far, the ESA has yet to announce dates for next year.

lightbane

Arcane
One of the best and worst Sonic fan made videos:

Meanwhile, Mario laughs from the top of his own private castle.
Full song is slightly better:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom