Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Best Video Game Intro

d1r

Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo fanatic
Patron
When it comes to western developers, Command Conquer Generals's intro wins imo (close call with System Shock 1's though)

Japanese intros? Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too many. Though KoF97's always holds a special place in my heart. The music, the radio voice, the story bits presented in it. Everything fit perfectly.

:Flash:

Arcane
To me, the most impressive intro is still Alternate Reality: The City.
The extremely limited capabilities of an Atari 800, and then creating this just shows how much you can do, if you know how to use it. I think the main thing here is the careful syncing of the music with what is happening on screen. The C64 intro for the same game is completely lame, because it lacks that synchronicity.

ScepticCat

Novice
Full Throttle has a quite tasty intro

Also, I don't know about the best video game intro, but I definitely know the best video game ending video:

warci

Educated
Some of the Amiga SHMUPS had the best intros. Although the visuals are a bit tame compared to some of the other stuff already posted, the music makes up for it.

talking about the best intro music... again, the visuals are pretty understated, but damn they don't make music like this anymore.

Hace El Oso

Arcane
Patron

Just like Mafia, one hell of an intro.

World in Conflict is full of great cinematics, with the best non-intro one being:

I suppose I’ll post the two obvious omissions that somehow haven’t already been posted in the thread, Baldur’s Gate 1 and Diablo 2. Both all-time great intros:

Suspense and mystery, critical ingredients for any good adventure.

Gothic horror at its finest.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom