Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Bester's Retro Mod

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
I'm making a Tampermonkey mod to restore Codex to its previous glory. I'm hoping to make it look exactly like before the Decline hit us like a brick in the face.
Then I'm restoring my notes functionality. The wideness, the fonts, the colors, the icons, it all needs to come back.
Hold tight & stop whining.

I have screenshots of the FRONT FORUM PAGE, of a PROFILE PAGE and of a THREAD PAGE.
But I don't have a screenshot of a THREAD LIST.

Kindly provide one.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
What I have so far for the main page:
5fd5ab7cf186ebda2c5858c7c2d896b7.png

Last edited:

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
I'm not saying this against Bester or anyone else in particular, only in general -- it should be publicly known that anyone with template editing access can trivially steal passwords and private messages of all users with that theme.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
I'm not saying this against Bester or anyone else in particular, only in general -- it should be publicly known that anyone with template editing access can trivially steal passwords and private messages of all users with that theme.
My previous mod required permissions to STORE and READ data (such as notes you leave on people's profiles).
But it has no permissions to SEND data (either through post requests or socket io), which would have to be declared in the header.

A person installing a tampermonkey script can be code-illiterate, but as long as they can see what permissions are used, they can figure out nobody's doing any stealing.

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
My previous mod required permissions to STORE and READ data (such as notes you leave on people's profiles).
But it has no permissions to SEND data, which would have to be declared in the header.
I'm only talking about the template admin panel. Any kind of HTML element can be put there.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Ah, sure.

But nobody's ever inviting me to make a template on the dex, so that's neither here nor there.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
I'm making a Tampermonkey mod to restore Codex to its previous glory. I'm hoping to make it look exactly like before the Decline hit us like a brick in the face.
Then I'm restoring my notes functionality. The wideness, the fonts, the colors, the icons, it all needs to come back.

So that's what happens to a guy who has nothing left to live for

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015

I have screenshots of the FRONT FORUM PAGE, of a PROFILE PAGE and of a THREAD PAGE.
But I don't have a screenshot of a THREAD LIST.

Kindly provide one.
If you can actually pull that off I might even forget your DNA test results. Btw:

KSHtjjL.png

Is this what you're looking for?

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Installation

1. Install Tampermonkey
2. Install the mod: https://github.com/BesterCode/CodexMod/raw/main/RPGCodexMod.user.js
Tempermonkey will either offer you to install it or to update it (if you had the previous version). You can update, you won't lose any notes. There's no functionality to access them yet.

3. Refresh any codex page.

P.S. Tampermonkey comes with an annoying red icon. To turn it off, go to Settings -> set Config Mode to Advanced -> set Icon Badge Info to disabled.

IDtenT

Menace to sobriety!
Patron
South Africa; My pronouns are: Banal/Shit/Boring
Divinity: Original Sin
Nobody cares.

DarkUnderlord, get Bester onboard.

Alternatively just steal his edits for the official board. New potential retardoland sticky.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
How do you know? Just offer your help to DU like I did.
Hey, let's not get ahead of ourselves here. It is bester we're talking about.

Also, the old forums are still live, with all images. If anyone needs anything, let me know.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
I need this image for when the forum has no new posts. I've never seen it myself, but I assume it exists. It's probably gray or something:
a54f91765368a52cb2763160ce4765da.png

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
For the record, this is why 2 factor authentication is recommended for everyone these days.
I need this image for when the forum has no new posts. I've never seen it myself, but I assume it exists. It's probably gray or something:
a54f91765368a52cb2763160ce4765da.png
I'll upload a zip with all images hopefully within the next 12 hours when I'm at a PC.

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
Hey, let's not get ahead of ourselves here. It is bester we're talking about.

Also, the old forums are still live, with all images. If anyone needs anything, let me know.
Are you going to give us the old look back, or are we stuck with this Windows Mobile candy ass shit?
Also make it so I can see who gave what ratings, not just Shit x5

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
They're tweaking CSS and broke some of mine. Font-style and font-size in posts is now wrong again. I'll fix tomorrow...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom