Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Bester's Retro Mod

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Restored some of the custom ignore functionality: you can't see their posts, quotes and shoutbox messages (haven't tested shoutbox messages). You'll still see their alerts and "last post by...".
You can't add more users to ignore for now, because I haven't added the button to the user cards.
For the rest of the mod, I'll wait until they stop changing DOM and CSS a couple times/day, then I'll restore all of it.

Also hooked up the gray icon for read forums:
78a392c17f8527f4211f043fc9ab5364.png

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
I think there's some issue with your addon -- every 100 or more page reloads, some html elements are garbled at random. Can you make the addon work at document-end or document-idle to try and fix this?

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
document-idle should solve this.
I am intercepting document-idle by listening to DOMContentLoaded event in init().
The CSS is injected at document-start. If you inject CSS at document-idle, you will be able to see the unmodified version of the page for a second, so it'd be too late. Hence document-start.
Then, once DOMContentLoaded is fired, the script starts working on the DOM elements.

Firefox, tampermonkey. It even happened on the /xf2/ test forum.
Never happened to me and I don't have repro steps to address this.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
But nobody's ever inviting me to make a template on the dex, so that's neither here nor there.
How do you know? Just offer your help to DU like I did.
Just so you know, I thought maybe I'm being paranoid, so I decided to follow your advice and do just that and he told me to fuck off.

My spider sense about people having it in for me is never wrong.

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
My apologies, the garbled pages aren't caused by the tampermonkey script.

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
Here's one thing you could do that's been driving me crazy. Go through each time.u-dt element and replace 12-hour time with 24-hour time.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Here's one thing you could do that's been driving me crazy. Go through each time.u-dt element and replace 12-hour time with 24-hour time.
I'm sure it'd be the preferred way of looking at time for some people, but not for others. If you feel up to it, you can make a pull request, as long as the feature is optional and not enabled by default, it'd be very much welcomed. Implementation-wise, it should be really easy to do.

Naraya

Arcane
This is changeable globally in the ACP in the language section. But then there's also https://xenforo.com/community/resources/user-date-time-format-settings.8061/ Most people probably don't care either way, though.
This begs a question - is there a user-setting to display post timestamps such as "Yesterday at 9:21 PM" as "Yesterday at 21:21"?

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
This is changeable globally in the ACP in the language section. But then there's also https://xenforo.com/community/resources/user-date-time-format-settings.8061/ Most people probably don't care either way, though.
This begs a question - is there a user-setting to display post timestamps such as "Yesterday at 9:21 PM" as "Yesterday at 21:21"?
No; the mod I linked would enable that.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom