Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Bethesda General Discussion Thread

pomenitul

Arbiter
tfhdd8ygk4u61.jpg

Hellion

Arcane
Bethesda posted on their "gear" twitter a giveaway/lottery, the winner of which will be presented with the opportunity to purchase an Nvidia 3080 Ti card for 1400 euros.

I have to repeat that. Winning the lottery makes you eligible to PURCHASE a 3080 Ti (plus a DOOM Eternal game code and some plastic toys) for 1400 euros.

Gargaune

Magister
I have to repeat that. Winning the lottery makes you eligible to PURCHASE a 3080 Ti (plus a DOOM Eternal game code and some plastic toys) for 1400 euros.
This is getting ridiculous. Consoles, DRM, MTX, the "cloud", now Bitcoin... When was the last time there was a new thing that didn't lead to PC gaming Decline?

Wunderbar

Arcane

skullzi said:
Heard a rumor about Bethesda opening a new studio that focuses on remasters or remakes? Might be called Artifact Studios. Not sure if this is legit or not but heard it a couple times now so makes me wonder...

Remember: THIS IS A RUMOR. I do not know if this is true. I just heard it from a couple random but unrelated places so makes me wonder if there is something to it.

Update: So Artifact is not the name of the potential studio in question, but instead Artifact is doing a doc on Skyrim's 10th Anniversary. However I have heard from a couple people mentioning this new BGS studio and even had people ask me about what I know, so we will see!

So this recent rumor seems to be blowing up, so let me clarify:
- I did not hear this from one of my standard sources
- I did hear it from numerous people, some fairly trustworthy
- The source of this actual rumor is a dev in a conversation "slipped up" and mentioned this

tyler mcvicker said:
The opening of a new studio can be confirmed by crawling resumes and linked-in profiles.

ADL

Prophet
I was about to say there is not a shot in hell that Bethesda remasters or remakes Morrowind and improves it so who cares... But I might be interested in Oblivion on a version of the engine which isn't total ass.

Butter

Arcane
Patron
I was about to say there is not a shot in hell that Bethesda remasters or remakes Morrowind and improves it so who cares... But I might be interested in Oblivion on a version of the engine which isn't total ass.
An Oblivion remaster would be more interesting than Morrowind, Fallout 3, or New Vegas. Probably not worth the $70 they'd charge for it though.

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
I was about to say there is not a shot in hell that Bethesda remasters or remakes Morrowind and improves it so who cares...

God, please no...
"Improvements" by modern AAA studio would pretty much be the removal of everything that still Morrowind worth to play after nearly 2 decades

Indeed. What one gets is no doubt heavyhanded streamlining devoid of anything mechanically or systemically interesting, voiceacting and new graphics.

More bad than good.

Luzur

Good Sir
Skyrim is getting a next-gen upgrade exactly 10 years after its original release
The game is getting fishing, too

By Jay Peters@jaypeters Aug 19, 2021, 5:45pm EDTis announcing new updates coming to its acclaimed hit Skyrim. On November 11th, exactly 10 years after its original launch date, the game is getting a free next-gen upgrade that will be available to all owners of Skyrim Special Edition. And that’s not all — Bethesda is going to add three free pieces of Creation Club content to the game for all Special Edition owners, including the ability to go fishing.

Bethesda is also releasing another edition of the game on November 11th, which is aptly named the The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Anniversary Edition. This version includes everything in Special Edition, the three free pieces of Creation Club content, and “over 500 pieces of unique content from Creation Club,” including quests, weapons, and more. If you already own Special Edition or play the game on Xbox Game Pass, Bethesda will let you purchase an upgrade to Anniversary Edition, but it hasn’t detailed the price.

SKY10_Anni_Edition_in_body_EN.jpeg

Skyrim Anniversary Edition will be released on November 11th.
Image: Bethesda Softworks
With the upcoming next-gen upgrade, Skyrim will have been ported across three entire console generations. Bethesda has also released a VR port and, perhaps most famously, a port for Amazon’s Alexa assistant called Skyrim: Very Special Edition.

Moaning_Clock

SmokeSomeFrogs
Developer
From the guy who made the absurdly long Morrowind Retrospective there's now an even longer Oblivion Retrospective (12 hours, longest possible video length on YouTube nowadays)

That's way longer than most Codexers claim to have spend with the game (but I saw that you have over 100 hours in it, you filthy liar)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom