Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Bethesda NEVER Understood Fallout

Wyatt_Derp

Arcane
I do wonder, tho - where they go next? Fallout 4 is considered underwhelming (especially compared to FNV) by part of their own fanbase, and then 76 was a total disaster.

Right now, it feels like the franchise is dead.

That's what Corona virus is for, to kill off all the knowing beings so huge corporations like Beth can start their same shit all over again with a fresh batch of know-nothing kindred-tards.

Back in the middle ages there was probably some Tesla motherfucker going around making medieval pickup trucks and figuring out string theory, so the lizard lords at the castle loaded up some boats with rats drunk on flu-grog and aimed them for the nearest populated cities. Bingo! Instant reset button. Somewhere in some dark Illuminati bunker they're stitching together a very short-legged imperial outfit for King Todd himself.

Cyril

Educated
I think Todds sexual preference have started to deviate towards the console player

Stella Brando

Arcane
Yeah, Fallout 3 is just ruins and rubble everywhere, 200 years after the war. Realistically, most of the safe-to-visit areas would be cleared of rubble by now, new buildings would have been erected with salvaged old bricks or concrete blocks

Serious question. In a world lacking a cement industry what adhesive you would use to build stuffs from old bricks or concrete?

I'd just boil my salad.

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
Yeah, Fallout 3 is just ruins and rubble everywhere, 200 years after the war. Realistically, most of the safe-to-visit areas would be cleared of rubble by now, new buildings would have been erected with salvaged old bricks or concrete blocks

Serious question. In a world lacking a cement industry what adhesive you would use to build stuffs from old bricks or concrete?

I'd just boil my salad.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roman_concrete

Stella Brando

Arcane
In the 'about me' section of his blog, the author talks about his own father, who is also called 'James' - just like in Fallout 3.

Seems he was on his way to getting a masters degree, when he suddenly left his family to become a homeless drunk.

So it's possible that Fallout 3's very bland main story gained some kind of Freudian significance for him.

Last edited:

Monk

Arcane
Would've been nice if they had released it to any fans to finish making the game.

Bad Sector

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

I love how he shouts "shit!" whenever he breaks something - top tier character writing right there :-P

Would've been nice if they had released it to any fans to finish making the game.

Here, though there isn't really much to it, someone with decent knowledge of Unity could probably replicate it in a week or two (actually it looks like this guy is attempting that, though he's taking a bit longer, probably because he's doing more than what the demo shows, which was most likely hacked together anyway - or Unity isn't as good as i think :-P).

(if you try to play it, lower you audio volume considerably because some sound effects are broken and you'll hear very loud noise... and keep the dude in power armor alive, otherwise the animation to enter the vault wont start and you wont be able to enter it)

Tihskael

Learned
Don't worry, the Godd will make a comeback and make you go on an epic quest to find your grandkid in Fallout 5 with all that sweet Microsoft money. After disasters like Redguard and 76, the only way is up.
people-refund-fallout-76-todd-howard-todd-hated-that-refund-38278147.png

I still think about how Van Buren could have been..

I still wonder what the fuck Interplay was thinking with this game.

Even forgetting that that's what they decided to do instead of a normal Fallout on consoles, it still doesn't make any sense. It's like they took Snowblind's engine to make a top down twin stick shooter, but then they removed the player controlled aiming in Dark Alliance, but they kept the worse camera angle despite it being pointless. It also somehow looks worse than Dark Alliance even thought it came out three years later and is running on exactly the same engine.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom