Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Betrayer (17th century FPS from Ex-Monolith devs)

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
Last edited by a moderator:

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
http://www.blackpowdergames.com/about-us/

Our ongoing mission is to create first person action experiences that are distinctive, compelling, and memorable regardless of scope or platform. Most of the founders began this quest together over 15 years ago at Monolith Productions and have continued to refine and improve our craft as a team ever since. We expect to continue on this righteous path for centuries to come now that the Singularity is just around the corner.

Ray Kurzweil fans right there. How optimistic. :)

That statement alone already makes it a D1P for certain.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
And who is the strange, silent woman in red who aids you from afar?

UH-OH

This looks fairly mofo, alright. Just let it not be too mofo for its own good, but I trust the Monolith blokes. Especially since I see a health meter on the UI, and it's apparently supposed to be open-world with no quest compasses or whatever. We'll see.

zwanzig_zwoelf

red-riding-hood.jpg

The grafiskt materiel is just :bounce:. Love toned-down colors or no colors at all.

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Not sure I could stand looking at this game for more than a few minutes... I would love to see more FPS games set in different eras but this "artsy" look is a little nauseating.

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
Yeah, whoever thought that was an acceptable level of white on black during the development phase needs to go back to fucking media design school.

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The guys must like Mad World very much. The world doesn't need to be big, just varied. This will keep the replayability bar very high.
Also - ex-F.E.A.R devs :bounce:, I wish them luck.

deuxhero

Arcane
The problem is in Mad World the world is mostly white with thin black lines while the characters use solid black extensively, making it very easy to see them. I honestly have trouble tracking the enemies in this trailer.

There's also the fact that Mad World is built around that with very simple geometry which makes the monochrome work, while this just looks like a cheap filter on an existing game with the detail in the grass, trees and wood.

I'm sorry, this looks terrible.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
If people bitch and moan enough

You bellowed?

CD-Action forums said:
It might have its charm, but it's too contrasting for me

CD-Action forums said:
reading the description i thought that it's gonna be something wonderful, artistic, but it turned out to be a flop, some sort of budget-title

CD-Action forums said:
Paranoid state + fast travel... this makes no sense o.o

CD-Action forums said:
This looks like a game for Android o.O ... crap!

:troll:

Tel Velothi

Cipher
At first I thought it was just a shitty filter used exclusively for the trailer. But apparently it's not. Oh my God! What where they thinking?

Similar thing, but a lot better execution:

Borelli

Arcane
17th century fuck yeah. I wanna be an indian and scalp some white devils.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
But the most important question is still unanswered

Will this game have setting-breaking womyn?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom