Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Better, than the test site, blander than the past.

Maxie

Wholesome Chungus
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
All these signatures taking up the entire screen...

G8kuqHd.png
how so

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
This would be hilarious if it wasn't my fav site. Okay, I guess it's funny still, in a dark gallows humor kind of way.

agris

Arcane
Patron
I have to believe the MCA art and stylized header of the site, the one with the css elements labeled "forums, news" etc will be returned. Especially the MCA-drawn trolls and dice. I'm guessing that that stuff is being saved for last, as there's probably base functionality and engineering issues to work through first.

Taluntain any word on if the the old art will return, especially dice trolls?

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
If you're able to look past the easily changed cosmetics and every small change, it's even less than that. But if every minute change induces a panic attack in your heart, then I believe it's a big deal, sure.

I don't know about panic attacks, but your casual condescension is certainly beginning to bother me. You've been dismissive about every single bit of criticism against the new layout since its inception. Nobody asked for it and hardly anybody likes it, the vast majority of the changes it introduced were garbo and thankfully most of the really bad ones could be reverted. Meanwhile you just keep sticking your fingers in your ears while going NANANA I CANT HEAR YOU, YOU ARE ALL AUTISTS UPSET AT MINOR COSMETIC CHANGES because all you care about are google death threats regarding mobile viewing, and apparently couldn't give a shit whether the site ends up ugly as a result.

If I came over and started spray painting over your living room, that would also be a 'minor cosmetic change', but I bet it would leave you p. upset.

Also since we are apparently now left exclusively with Easily Changed Minor Cosmetics (tm) and all the Truemeaningfulstrongpowerful Changes (R) were reverted - was it worth it and is this an improvement? An inquiring mind wants to know.

Hag

Arbiter
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
Funny how I have never been annoyed by another Xenforo I lurk on, while the new layout of the codex - almost the same - feels like a serious downgrade. Maybe because it was wide and quite handsome to start with. Eagerly awaiting further tweaks.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The button that used to say "Go to first unread" now reads "Jump to new".

That one is a genuinely minor nitpick, but still.
STOP CHANGING THINGS JUST FOR THE SAKE OF CHANGING THEM FFS

Derringer

Prophet
This is over google bitching over mobile support? All I see from them is stirring bullshit with other sites saying that they're bots or some retarded shit when half of their search engine is news generated by bots.

Unwanted

†††

Patron
This is over google bitching over mobile support? All I see from them is stirring bullshit with other sites saying that they're bots or some retarded shit when half of their search engine is news generated by bots.
Well you see, the admins don't want to lose SEO ranking. So in turn they're gonna lose half of the existing userbase (optimistic). Hope it was all worthy!

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The worst part of all this, no complaining will help. Staff have already decided this is good, and all nay-sayers are just autistic screechers. Oh well, was a good run.

agris

Arcane
Patron
I think it was actually about the lack of security updates for Xen 1, although maybe someone more interested in google analytics than security could have used that as a predicate to migrate to a more SEO'd forum stack.

Unwanted

†††

Patron
Ok, so now that you've ruined the Codex beyond repair, what's the gameplan?
I would rate you "It is a mystery" but since I cannot find the goddamn button, this will have to do. Anyways; the gameplan is ruining the entire internet site by site so people have no choice but to browse the big social media platforms and nothing else. Enjoy decline.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom