Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Better, than the test site, blander than the past.

Don't mind me.

8WKhB45.jpg

Disciple

Savant
Need some sort of line break or whatever between the pinned threads and the non-pinned ones, just for clarity. Also, is it not possible anymore to see who has rated what in any given post?

Tarkleigh

Learned
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
The amount of butthurt over what amounts to so little actual change goes beyond autistic here. I can't even take the ridiculous amount of me-too whining seriously because it's so over the top for such a nothingburger that this layout change has been reduced to that it's not even funny. It's honestly worse than kindergarten. Twiglard's gone to great lengths to basically strip the new layout of practically all the meaningful changes, down to even reducing the font to this ridiculously small size again and yet the amount of bile spewed over it here is practically unchanged from before.

We get it, the Codex is unable to accept literally the first change in 20 years, no matter how minor. We've known that it's going to be like this no matter what. Some things will still be tweaked, some won't. If you can't live with that, tough.

I am sorry, Taluntain, but this is just nonsense. I know that there is a lot of very harsh criticism and some things get blow out of proportion but just dismissing everything and claiming the site looks great now is ridiculous. Even if we leave out all discussions about asthetics, lots of features are missing or broken and people rightfully complain about launching the new site without it.

I get the need to update to Xenforo 2, I am a programmer myself and know how painful being stuck on an old version can be but you can't go maybe 70% of the way, launch the new site, declare victory and label everyone autistic who complains about it. It is condescending and unprofessional.

Last edited:

Tavar

Cipher
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
It's not going to look good if you simply take the old colors (check the Wayback Machine) and slap it onto the new layout. It won't play nice with other elements such as the post header and the userbox. Anyway, grab the Stylus browser extension and try to arrive at something better than the current theme.
Allright, I've installed the add-on and started tinkering. Progress is slow so far, but at least I fixed the maxWidth and have found some temporary greyish background color. If people are interested in trying it, install stylus and use this script:
@-moz-document url-prefix("https://rpgcodex.net/forums/") { .message-cell { background-color: #333333; font-family: Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif !important; } .message-body { background-color: #333333; font-family: Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif !important; } .bbCodeBlock { background-color: #333333 !important; } .p-body-inner { max-width: 98%; } }
It is not finished by any means, so don't bother telling me that it looks shitty.

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Lim-Dûl

Self-Ejected
Pinned threads need to be more quickly distinguishable from regular threads. There is no clear visual difference between pinned and regular threads other than the pin icon. Make pinned threads darker colored or something like that.

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
DarkUnderlord
Taluntain

Like others have said before, if the forum had to upgrade to XF2 for programming or security or really whatever reason you might have to give us, fine. We don't like it, but if it must be done our hands are tied. But when Taluntain posts some hyper defensive shit like he did in this thread, that's when the outrage and worrying starts to kick in. It's not a nothingburger. You guys posted a feedback thread on the test site and everyone let you know that the new site looks atrocious and if you were to switch to it, the average user experience would definitely go down. I think I speak for all of us when I say we would appreciate some sort of reassurance and/or communication about how long the work that is in progress according to DU will take, and how close to the original website we can get this new XF2 version.

EDIT: The @'s are literally indistinguishable from the normal text. Some of this shit isn't even related to old format versus new format, you lazy shits just pushed out a premature update.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom