Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Better, than the test site, blander than the past.

Lady Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
can we get a roadmap or list of what features still need to be implemented? might make it easier to make suggestions without repeating the same shit
Putting in the old header is on the list, other than that I don't know.

The main page could use some cosmetic adjustments, but it is already better than it was.

Lady Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
Usernames are now easier to see, since the center of the avatar is a part the eyes fixate upon.
Also quite a few avatars were designed to work with the old alignment to the left (instead of being centered):

Image1.png

agris

Arcane
Patron
can we get a roadmap or list of what features still need to be implemented? might make it easier to make suggestions without repeating the same shit
Putting in the old header is on the list, other than that I don't know.

The main page could use some cosmetic adjustments, but it is already better than it was.

The watched threads page needs work. The dividers between threads are using the low-contrast version from when the site was first rolled out, not the current higher contrast dividers used for thread separation when viewing a forum.

More importantly though: the watched threads page shows you threads with no new replies, massively reducing its utility. The old version only showed you threads with new replies, hoping we can get that back.

Sharpedge

Prophet
you can collapse the row with page navigation and the row with "jump to new / unwatch" down to a single row
I cannot see the number of posts in a thread when I am looking at the index of a page while on a phone
Done -- added more margin and increased opacity to 90% from 80%. Is this enough?
Yes, this is great. New minor problem though (and this one is probably user error), when quoting a post that contains multiple posts (like this one), I cannot for the life of me how to remove the first quote from the multiquote (in this case, the quote from agris), that way only the relevant segments are quoted. If I delete all the text, it leaves an empty quote block from the user.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Yes, this is great. New minor problem though (and this one is probably user error), when quoting a post that contains multiple posts (like this one), I cannot for the life of me how to remove the first quote from the multiquote (in this case, the quote from @agris), that way only the relevant segments are quoted. If I delete all the text, it leaves an empty quote block from the user.
Toggle BB code and manually remove the entire quote block.

Lady Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
Yes, this is great. New minor problem though (and this one is probably user error), when quoting a post that contains multiple posts (like this one), I cannot for the life of me how to remove the first quote from the multiquote (in this case, the quote from @agris), that way only the relevant segments are quoted. If I delete all the text, it leaves an empty quote block from the user.
You can also delete empty quote boxes by clicking on the quote icon above while the cursor is in the quote box.

FreshCorpse

Arbiter
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
Alas, something is mildly fucked with the avatars on Firefox. I think the lazy image loading used for them (...why?) runs much later in the overall page load in firefox than in other browsers. I see the image alt-text for 2-3 secs after opening a page, every single time:

PQIGQVg.png

Doesn't seem to happen in other browsers. Got a feeling no one is going to rush to fix this given the tiny number of firefox users these days. Time to look into a local fix...

agris

Arcane
Patron
Same for me, and I'm storing/loading all my cache from a ramdrive. The site is actually slower for me on Win10 FF and iOS Safari than the old one.

Heh.

htph.jpg

(i'm ok with this, the upgrade was worth it. the upgrade was worth it. the upgrade was worth it)

edit: Taluntain would this fix it? http://haaikho.com/index.php?resources/remove-lazy-loading-remove-slow-loading-1-0-xenforo-2.4965/
FreshCorpse mentioned lazy loading, idk what that is but apparently it's default w/ xf2 and is a known issue w/ FF scrolling

Last edited:

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
@FreshCorpse mentioned lazy loading, idk what that is but apparently it's default w/ xf2 and is a known issue w/ FF scrolling

Lazy loading generally means things are loaded only when required rather than initially. It generally means things will be faster initially but there will be a delay when the resource you need has to load.

FreshCorpse

Arbiter
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
Don't think the problem is lazy loading. I disabled it in about:config and the problem is still present.

As an aside, the lazy loading bug with firefox is this one: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1618240. The issue is not that it's slow but that firefox lazy loading is a bit too lazy - loading only the current viewport (+300px perhaps? judging but config defaults).

Lady Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
The ordering of the given ratings also needs fixing. I think they are ordering correctly now only if the ratings are in the same line in the popup-box.

You probably need to put all ratings "in one line" and set a max-width for the popup-box so it does not become too wide on the desktop. For mobile, also set an outside margin for the popup-box of maybe 10px.

Rincewind

Magister
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Another minor autism nitpick: The left and right padding margin inside the box of given ratings should be the same on both sides. Right now there is a much larger margin on the right of the ratings inside the given ratings box.
I love it how attention to detail and doing a good thorough job became "autism" in the Codex vernacular.

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Are tags coming back? I feel naked without my hard earned Zionist Agent
And here I thought you're all bout that LITERALLY HITLER. :P
Anyway, speaking of aesthetical woes: can 5 minutes be invested so that avatars that used to move, can do so again. Just like DU likes numbers, some of us like moving tokens and pictures.

Many thanks!

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In
Also, change the "Brofist" text back to "Rate"?

How about getting rid of
button.png
as a button and replacing the brofist with it? It's about as useless as the donut but it could still serve a purpose, especially if double-clicking on the button didn't automatically rate the post with its icon, currently the brofist. Maybe Zizka could make a cleaner version of that, if needs be.
Fuck you.

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
The watched threads page needs work. The dividers between threads are using the low-contrast version from when the site was first rolled out, not the current higher contrast dividers used for thread separation when viewing a forum.
Done. The black divider should now apply to all thread lists.
More importantly though: the watched threads page shows you threads with no new replies, massively reducing its utility. The old version only showed you threads with new replies, hoping we can get that back.
Needs an XF2 addon. I can't do that. See post below.
when quoting a post that contains multiple posts (like this one), I cannot for the life of me how to remove the first quote from the multiquote (in this case, the quote from @agris), that way only the relevant segments are quoted
Remove text from within the quote. Position the cursor right below the quote. Press Backspace.
something is mildly fucked with the avatars on Firefox. I think the lazy image loading used for them (...why?)
Can't do that via editing templates.

Last edited:

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
Taluntain can you add this addon please? Users want to show only unread threads on the 'Watched threads' page. This is a pretty useful feature, and is part of regular Codex user 'workflow'. Particularly, this addon adds a filter by default to show only unread threads there <https://xenforo.com/community/resources/watched-threads-filtering.6876/>.

Too bad this is a paid addon, but the other one providing watched thread filtering is twice as expensive.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom