Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Better, than the test site, blander than the past.

Unwanted

†††

Patron
So now we back to left aligned user info? Make your minds up already.

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
So, I have a minor issue with the new brofist button.
I found it's really easy to accidentally fist a user when I really just wanted another rating. It seems that if you click the rating button, then click away from it the site registers it as a brofist. So if you change your mind about a rating you end up brofisting. This might be a tad annoying.

To prevent accidental fistings, might I suggest that the Rate button and Brofist button be separate?

Unwanted

†††

Patron
I found it's really easy to accidentally fist a user when I really just wanted another rating. It seems that if you click the rating button, then click away from it the site registers it as a brofist. So if you change your mind about a rating you end up brofisting. This might be a tad annoying.

To prevent accidental fistings, might I suggest that the Rate button and Brofist button be separate?
The problem I've been having is that double-clicking results in an auto-brofist, and it seems a tad too sensitive because sometimes the action of opening the menu registers it as double clicking. It doesn't help that I use a trackpad so there may be some accidental clicking, but perhaps a cooldown of a few miliseconds could be implemented to avoid accidental brofists, I don't know.

Arbiter

Scholar

I have just tested in desktop Firefox and could not reproduce this problem.

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane

The problem I've been having is that double-clicking results in an auto-brofist, and it seems a tad too sensitive because sometimes the action of opening the menu register it as double clicking. It doesn't help that I use a trackpad so there may be some accidental clicking, but perhaps a cooldown of a few miliseconds could be implemented to avoid accidental brofists, I don't know.
That must be the issue then. Yeah, adding more of a delay might work.

Self-Ejected

Zizka

Self-Ejected
It’s actually a good idea. Remove the whole double clicking and have the “brofist“ and “rate” as separate buttons. Since brofist is there and there’s space on the left, why not I include a few more, like the last four ratings used so that it’s not necessary to click on “rate” every time?

It works, all the bot messages like !8ball et cetera stop displaying. Stuff like /hug /slap /me are attributed as being delivered by the shoutboxer in question so you'll see them unless you're ignoring that specific poster.
Meh, what's the point of checking the box then. Bah!

SexExitium

Augur
Could all the posts be ispoiler-tagged by default? I think it would make the forums more exciting because you never know what to expect. Maybe it's going to be a great post; could also be some shit like this. Codex is like a box of chocolates.

Unwanted

†††

Patron
I'm sorry but I'm appalled at the new discord button. It needs a new version to better represent it:
btn_discord.png

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
Good lord, everything aligned on the left looks so much better. I didn't think it was an issue while everything was centered, but it's like night and day.
It looks different now because the tags were added back. Without the tags, center looks better.

Lady Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
btn_discord2.png

This is using the same font as the rest (copied the individual letters from the other buttons).

Last edited:

Lady Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
The site upgrade is a good opportunity to get rid off those images and replace them with actual text.
There is already more than enough menu text below those images.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom