Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Better, than the test site, blander than the past.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
You know what would be nice? If when we link something it not only underlines but changes the color to something like cyan.

ELEXmakesMeHard

Learned
The way it sticks out is simply unbearable:

Screenshot-2022-06-24-095703.jpg

Gregz

Arcane
I don't know or care if this has already been mentioned, but I believe it is essential to have the dominate ratings filing from left to right, according to the order of hivemindery. This was an essential nucodexian feature.

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
1656068332200.png

Should be less ugly. But is it good enough?

Most of the style is reused for different kinds of banners.

I don't know or care if this has already been mentioned, but I believe it is essential to have the dominate ratings filing from left to right, according to the order of hivemindery. This was an essential nucodexian feature.
Of course. But not yet. There are other important tasks.

Semiurge

Cipher
Alright, so now how's the rating bar and the rating menu?

It's fixed height and some of the buttons clip over it. It might look best if its size adjusted, but if it can't be done then it's better to have the buttons go over the edges than be cropped.

In fact, do we even need visible edges?

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
It's fixed height and some of the buttons clip over it. It might looke best if its size adjusted.
The clipping is intentional (as long as buttons don't overlap). I'm going to leave it like that for a while to see whether it grows on you.
Make it so it doesn't overflow the user box limits. Also the centered text clashes with the left alignment.
It's meant to look like a belt wrapping around the userbox, or a building facade relief.

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
Did all the Avatars move a bit to the left?It looks a bit off now.

Also that staff member tag that is a bit too long and breaks through the borders triggers me

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
Well, the ratings could be implemented as tooltips instead of spamming the window. Or perhaps as very very tiny sprites? Eh, I suppose rating grafitti is too much grafitti.
It was particularly bad for the sidebar shitbox.

Arbiter

Scholar
View attachment 25475

This is using the same font as the rest (copied the individual letters from the other buttons).

The site upgrade is a good opportunity to get rid off those images and replace them with actual text.

My recommendation has been approved and implemented. This is the first time I have done something useful on RPGCodex.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom