Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Better, than the test site, blander than the past.

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
Twiglard can do something about that. :smug:

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
Gregz reports that some users are selecting poorly-rendered fonts, annoying him and others in the process. Name one good reason why setting the font family (the 'A' button on the left toolbar) should be allowed anywhere at all.

Note: you'd still be able to use {icode} and {code} tags as usual.

The header image (ironically?) still doesn't scale on mobile
Also, the menu should be two rows at most, it takes up too much of the screen. If you make the buttons a bit smaller, four can fit in one line.
Sure, but later.

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
The header image (ironically?) still doesn't scale on mobile
It should now.
Also, the menu should be two rows at most, it takes up too much of the screen.
How many rows does it take for you now? I don't like the solution with shortening the buttons but let's hear from you first.
Alternatively, can the menu links be moved to the drop-down menu instead? Those 2-3 rows take up way too much space with buttons that are not usually used.
Looks like DU prefers this final solution to the menu question.
Let's try it if making the menu shorter doesn't work out.

Modron

Arcane
Gregz reports that some users are selecting poorly-rendered fonts, annoying him and others in the process. Name one good reason why setting the font family (the 'A' button on the left toolbar) should be allowed anywhere at all.

Note: you'd still be able to use {icode} and {code} tags as usual.
Give me one good reason the codex isn't entirely Comic Sans?

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Participation Award shows up twice in ratings recieved section.
Screenshot_20220813-200003_Chrome.jpg

Grimlorn

Arcane
There's an issue now where the posts marked new will take you to year old posts in a thread. It use to be a month.

So now when you click on a thread you haven't been in for several months it takes you to the first page, then when clicking jump to new, it takes you to year old posts, not the most recent ones.

Jonathan "Zee Nekomimi

Hoarder of loli kats./ Funny ^._.^= ∫
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
just me or name change possibility got removed? went to change mine back to normal and option is not there anymore, only the last time i changed.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Is there any damn way to show more topics per page and list all pages in a poster's history.

20 posts per page x 1-5 pages and older posts options...
It shows arrows of 5 pages then
(Older posts)

Maybe I want to see their first posts or post 5000 out of the 15,000 one has. Sifting though is irksome atm.

I am using IOS iphone atm and can't confirm computer.

The main forums generally have the option of next page, prior page, last page, first page number centered around a few others in reference to which oage you currently are on:

<< < 3,4,5,6,7 > >>

Profile lists only 5 pages as options at a time. Go to page 5 and an option

SEARCH OLDER POSTS

dislays option to go back another 5 pages. This is god awful slow.

In the cases of dozens or hundreds of pages it should probably have a better range like:

<< < 30, 40,50,100,200,300,400,500,501,502,503,504,510, 525, 550, 575, 600,700,800,900,1000, 2000, 3000 > >>

Etc. Or something akin to that. A few more options because. Search engine isn't all that great.

I'd also suggest listing in propile ALL threads poster started (this is pretty important).

And if a poster starts a thread and is ignored, perhaps only the person is ignored and NOT the entire thread.

I'm trimming posters I find continually annoying and I'm sure I'm not the only one who does this. A better search structure on post history would be great imho.

Last edited:

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
Search works with performance optimization in mind first and foremost, so no, there's no way for you to get an insane amount of search results out of anything from the get-go. You can use Google site search when the search engine here doesn't suffice. Search is the most resource-intensive process on the server, so it has to operate on common sense and not deliver an insane amount of results that 99.99% of searches don't require.

Modron

Arcane
Xenforo 2 update so google would stop yelling at Taluntain about the font size being too small, but seriously I pity those who don't use the small font fluid style theme here.

GhostCow

Balanced Gamer
Patron
Xenforo 2 update so google would stop yelling at Taluntain about the font size being too small, but seriously I pity those who don't use the small font fluid style theme here.
I gave it a shot and it's fine but I don't care that much either way so I went back to the default

Demo.Graph

Arbiter
"Jump to new" button might give wrong results.
I'm pretty sure, I haven't opened "Russo-Ukrainian war" thread since April (time of my last post, page 2793) or, less likely, early May.
I've opened it now, clicked da button and was moved to the page in mid-August - page 4163.

Grimlorn

Arcane
"Jump to new" button might give wrong results.
I'm pretty sure, I haven't opened "Russo-Ukrainian war" thread since April (time of my last post, page 2793) or, less likely, early May.
I've opened it now, clicked da button and was moved to the page in mid-August - page 4163.
That's how it's suppose to work. It's always the last month's posts become where it sets new posts at.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom