Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

BG2 Ironman

huskarls

Scholar
  1. I restart on character death or game over
  2. Settings are insane single player (no custom characters)
  3. I use shadow of amn items only I.E. no instant cast robes or magical katanas
  4. I never rest in dungeons
  5. I can do video if you handhold me through it (only for documentation)
  6. There is no reloading

huskarls

Scholar
Baldr002.jpg

Baldr018.jpg

Here we have Said, pronounced arabishly as sah-e-d. He is demonically endowed despite rangers not benefiting from wisdom modifiers because I can not remember 2e dual class ability requirements (if this is 2e). He has already died once to drungeor or whatever the dark dwarves are called while I re-familiarized myself with the starting dungeon.

Baldr019.jpg

Baldr020.jpg

The first dungeon is fairly annoying because I have to deal with garbage pre-set spells while listening to Imoen moan about being raped, no pun intended. Even when I first played Baldurs Gate 2 I never wanted to rest in the first dungeon in order to change spells...because why would I take a nap trying to escape? At least the honor system beats managing your camping supplies, fuck poe. Anyway I'm keeping the opening dungeon brief now and in later runs
Baldr021.jpg

Baldr022.jpg

I actually forgot about this part. You use the elemental statue on a hidden door next to the dark dwarves, it contains some spell imps, a summon wind elemental spell, and a genie who will grant you one item from the previous game in exchange for playing fetch. I got a sling.
Baldr024.jpg

Nasty little golems typically do 50 damage when they feel like it, are immune to magic, and sometimes immune to piercing and slash weapons but resistant regardless. I believe 20 damage past zero health is permanent death for npcs so standing the background in a bard really doesn't do much for their lethality.
Baldr025.jpg

Baldr026.jpg

Baldr030.jpg

Alas Minsc has fallen to two unexpected random hostile enhanced edition randoms
Baldr027.jpg

And this is where we end for my 2nd attempt so far. I shit you not I ran out of that dungeon as fast as I could to start recruiting and got killed rescuing Viconia. I thought those three whole dudes weren't much, but when your walking around at 40 hp because you are too cheap to use potions you can get crit'ed faster than it takes to use one. Should of learned with Minsc. I'll be back tomorrow or the next day with a more proper narrative skipping the dungeon (only in posting I don't have the mod to skip the first dungeon).

huskarls

Scholar
Baldr028.jpg

And we are back at the city of coin for round three
Baldr029.jpg

Said's arabic wits soon overcome him in the slums of Amn, much like an unaccompanied maiden in cologne, and after a deeply necessary charade a deal is struck for assistance in the location of Amonen for the price of 20 thousand gold lions and two hand woven persian carpets.
Baldr031.jpg

After much trepidation and thought, Said reluctantly turns to killing infidels and theft, being the easiest way in the game to make 15k and reach the +2 spells per level mage. To do this he turns to most annoying character in game since there is only two actual thieves in the game, with the other being a weeb with 50 points in traps that don't work (just tried it in the starter dungeon and 0 traps set correctly out of 5).
Baldr032.jpg

Slaver's ambush our intrepid thieves, they actually do this regardless of alignment or actions. Nary a name difference or flavor choice here, but a +2 short sword is ours
Baldr033.jpg

These mephit shits take on a new life on insane since they bypass any sort of attack roll and do damage directly. They can still be negated with a resist elements spell but there appearances end here abruptly.
Baldr034.jpg

And our hero is killed, again, with a death spell. Was not expecting a level 7 spell (14 caster level) so early, but I was doing fuck all to prevent it later as well at this pace. Said is dead forever, but I'll be back Saturday with a more effective build, a cleric, and a death ward on me at all times versus mages.

huskarls

Scholar
Baldr039.jpg

Learning from my past mistakes I have abandoned the path of righteousness and converted to the shadow of evil and immunity to stunlocks.
Baldr040.jpg

And the dividends of inequity are great indeed as I crush these pathetic golems that once hit me for 60 damage
Baldr041.jpg

Baldr042.jpg

Jaheira is cursed by an evil slaver, alas Lloyd cares little
Baldr043.jpg

This is actually then the theft task I was given last time, which was to steal from the temple of talos
Baldr044.jpg

Not off to a great start here as I get my ass licked by low level thieves on the way to
Baldr045.jpg

I then encounter vampires after running back to fetch a priest for resurrection
Baldr047.jpg

And finally some schizo starts trying to attack my injured ranger on the way back to his arnor and weapons
Baldr048.jpg

Ultimately, we fail to make it past the docks one day one of our perilous quest to steal from priests and are forced to regroup until sunrise.
Baldr049.jpg

Baldr050.jpg

Despite Lloyd's base instincts we aid our druid in lifting her curse, during which several people die. We are then ambushed by slavers for the third time overall I believe. Our jacobin sacrilegious desecration of the moneyed forces of organized religion are prolonged yet again.
Baldr051.jpg

Should have made a screenshot of the theft itself after such a journey, but my vision for narrative was blinded with hate still burning from the last ass whooping handed to me by the cowled fools. There are also golems in the mage's house (I don't believe I mentioned them before or the reason for me fighting this mage). Anyway each time I just lure them down stairs and kill them one at a time.
Baldr053.jpg

Finally the mage is undone with an insect plague, can't cast death spells when you can't cast spells.
Baldr055.jpg

Ah masterful Bioware writing, gaydar most likely came down upon his pissant peons to write this line himself. I forgot to take a coherent story of screenshots again, but suffice it to say I recruit the spellcaster Edwin along with some other fools to kill a rogue shadowthief and mostly just took screenshots of my exchanges with the fight-cleric anomen. I don't feel like my priorities were misplaced in the slightest
Baldr057.jpg

Baldr058.jpg

Baldr059.jpg

Baldr060.jpg

Baldr061.jpg

Baldr062.jpg

Baldr063.jpg

Baldr064.jpg

Baldr066.jpg

With the death of the thief, a potion of genius, and a potion of mental clarity, I assume the role of a fighter/mage with 150% chance to learn spells (normally maxing out at 85% at 18 int). Just learning spells provides a great amount of experience to help gain levels in my new class.
Baldr067.jpg

I soon wandered upstairs at the Inn I rested right after setting and memorizing all my mage spells, suddenly finding myself baited with all this newfound power at my disposal
Baldr068.jpg

When I took this screenshot, I knew I was going to die. Just 10,000 experience points from regaining my beserker power, which include immunity to stuns! Should have known better than to fuck with named characters a hair too early, but squashing some losers will go to your head real quick

huskarls

Scholar
Baldr069.jpg

Baldr070.jpg

Actually forgot a wand key this time
Baldr071.jpg

Baldr072.jpg

hmm, the game probably registers that as a trap rather than a wand
Baldr073.jpg

Baldr074.jpg

The temple robbery got a little botched here, and ultimately I had to kill every one to zero effect on my reputation. In BG1 the guards and mercenaries will come after you usually even after just one small bloodbath.
Baldr075.jpg

Baldr078.jpg

Baldr079.jpg

Baldr080.jpg

My first glance was that the prince was younger than the princess, so I just clicked one of the options where he was younger. Much like school you have to learn to pick one of the less wrong answers and get the fuck on with your life so you can get back to restarting a game every time you die
Baldr081.jpg

Baldr082.jpg

Baldr083.jpg

Fireballs 2: Shadow of narcolepsy excels at the core gameplay fans wanted, less annoying dungeons and more enemies standing in big groups in cities so you can drop fireballs on them
Baldr084.jpg

Baldr085.jpg

Here Edwin teaches us a wise lesson about racism
Baldr086.jpg

Finally our mage skills have returned, for our next quest we explore the sewers in search of a magical sword, there were some riddles or some such nonsense but I decided to focus on the atmosphere of me walking around fetching and killing rather than the thin reasons behind my violence and wandering.
Baldr091.jpg

Baldr092.jpg

Baldr093.jpg

Baldr095.jpg

Now we meet up with Korgan to aid in our quest of revenge from last game's end
Baldr096.jpg

Baldr097.jpg

Baldr112.jpg

Baldr113.jpg

Baldr114.jpg

Baldr115.jpg

yes, all of this was done without dying. Not impossible at all in a game where you can always run away, but there is also equal opportunity to always walk into trouble because you feel like it and are bored

Baron Dupek

Arcane
From Berserker to Fighter/Mage? Man, I forgot most things since last playthrough...

huskarls

Scholar
Baldr116.jpg

Now that Lloyd has settled his accounting on the finances of revenge he can turn to his true goal in life, stealing spells and getting free exp
Baldr117.jpg

first some potions for that 150% memorize rate
Baldr118.jpg

Baldr119.jpg

The merchants of amn weep at my rampage of rape on their magical stock
Baldr120.jpg

Baldr121.jpg

Afterwards we choose to assist xzar in locating his companion, much to the displeasure of my mouthy companions
Baldr122.jpg

Baldr123.jpg

hmmm found a mass invisibility scroll, you can also steal a ring of troll regeneration off the store clerk at the 'adventure's mart'
Baldr124.jpg

Baldr125.jpg

And that's pretty much it, if only bioware had thought up some substance to this fetch quest instead of a dozen companion comments. Seriously, was there one guy who wrote all this nonsense for Jan because I can't imagine multiple degenerates of such caliber coalescing even at bioware.
Baldr126.jpg

Baldr127.jpg

Baldr128.jpg

Baldr129.jpg

Baldr130.jpg

Baldr131.jpg

I had to read this so you have to as well
Baldr132.jpg

yes we are doing kangaxx, later
Baldr133.jpg

Baldr134.jpg

Baldr135.jpg

The lads are out in full force with their mouths and I still have't killed anything
Baldr138.jpg

Baldr139.jpg

Not one minute in my party and already every one has corrupted him into not shutting the fuck up. Entering planescape levels of 'gameplay' after probably an hour
Baldr140.jpg

ah it comes full circle
Baldr141.jpg

Baldr143.jpg

Then some golem turd rushes out of a door and drops a nice, steaming 64 after all this talking
Baldr144.jpg

Didn't push the screenshot key hard enough for the first part of this battle, it was super cool. Too bad you missed it.
Baldr000.jpg

Baldr002.jpg

These other fights weren't even worth posting but I've had nothing happening of interest, except for that one fight
Baldr003.jpg

Baldr004.jpg

Baldr005.jpg

Baldr007.jpg

foolish m*ge your death spells are no match for my double backstab tactics
Baldr011.jpg

Surely there would be some hidden clues rather me just guessing to solve this puzzle
Baldr013.jpg

Baldr014.jpg

Baldr012.jpg

Here's what Lloyd's stats be looking like, this is with the blur spell though. Also there were no clues
Baldr015.jpg

also there was no 'guardian', I just got a fireball dropped on my party. I don't know if this was an intentional joke or mislead or if they just said fuck it drop a fireball on those cunts and nix the riddles. Both Lloyd's spellcasters would probably be dead without a save
Baldr016.jpg

Baldr017.jpg

Baldr018.jpg

Lloyd walks again, his luck just won't run out
Baldr019.jpg

NOOOOOO MY DEATH SPELLS, HOW CAN THIS BE???
Baldr021.jpg

Baldr022.jpg

Baldr023.jpg

protection from magic weapons doesn't work against normal weapons just in case you never bothered trying
Baldr024.jpg

Always scout and check for traps

Baldr025.jpg

Four members of the dick squad just arrived from thin air, "knave begone from here, else face our sixty fours', cower and present your rear, we will fuck your ass sore whore"
Baldr026.jpg

Baldr027.jpg

Lloyd actually beat those golems like a red headed step child, I think he was -20 ac though from an anti-blunt weapon belt, blur, and defensive harmony. He was so cocky some random lizards starting besting him for a second
Baldr028.jpg

Anyway all that was pointless because we are actually looking for a demon heart that had nothing to do with that locked door, yes I mentioned our new demon heart quest right?
Baldr029.jpg

Baldr031.jpg

Despair, demon, for you have unleashed my critical backstabs
Baldr030.jpg

Lloyd actually ran away and buffed himself rather than delivering that cool line. Afterwards he realized demons can't cast death spells so his effort was in vain
Baldr032.jpg

Lloyd once more got too full of bravado, piss, and vingear after that instant kill, like always, and quickly shyed away from his unnecessary crusade on demons back to tasks at hand.
Baldr035.jpg

With this Lloyd's quest of revenge and redemption is done.
Baldr036.jpg

"But what does this have to do with demon hearts?"
Baldr037.jpg

"actually weren't you supposed to kill this valy guy?"
Baldr038.jpg

A valuable lesson on the human condition all around, next time we will embark on another soul searching quest of friendship with Anomen

huskarls

Scholar
Baldr039.jpg

Baldr040.jpg

Baldr041.jpg

Baldr042.jpg

This part isn't relevant, but minsc here is getting along with the talking sword Lloyd found in the sewers.
Baldr046.jpg

Baldr047.jpg

Baldr049.jpg

Baldr050.jpg

hmmm killing children infront of their parents is a little too evil for this party Anomen. Truly, we just wanted to make mean comments before casting spells and slaying dragons. Alas we are neck deep in it now and will cast spells and slay all the same
Baldr051.jpg

Baldr052.jpg

Baldr053.jpg

Baldr054.jpg

Anomen quickly cheers up and forgets his homicide
Baldr055.jpg

Baldr059.jpg

Baldr060.jpg

Baldr061.jpg

Baldr073.jpg

Baldr062.jpg

fuck.
Baldr075.jpg

Baldr076.jpg

Baldr077.jpg

The last three pictures are a representation of what it would look like if I defeated that death spell that killed Lloyd forever. The moment you let your guard down mages come swinging down on vines with their death spells on the way to the actual quest. I have two more persons that die almost immediately, the first is an archer, the second is a brief continuation of the mage/beserker combo
Baldr063.jpg

Baldr064.jpg

Baldr066.jpg

Baldr067.jpg

Baldr065.jpg

faggots. No one mentioned one on one fighting! I thought we would just drunkly brawl in the tavern. In the next part I just ran around full of wroth triple fireballing people to heavy success, for a moment
Baldr108.jpg

Baldr112.jpg

Baldr117.jpg

Baldr085.jpg

Baldr086.jpg

Baldr098.jpg

Baldr099.jpg

Baldr101.jpg

Baldr102.jpg

Baldr105.jpg

The bloodiest battle I have ever been sprawling any game. Every single person involved ended up dead, friend and foe. In fantasy land it probably was a 1 to 2 weeks before some one investigated the smell of 20 maggot covered corpses stinking up the whole of the slums. It wasn't even a giant fireball or some such that killed everyone, it was more mexican standoffish in nature with dead men killing the living

Baldr126.jpg

All that aside the time has come for a new hero to arise, a hero who wouldn't die immediately, a terrible beserker destined to punish all the death spell casting magelings of faerun

huskarls

Scholar
Baldr129.jpg

Baldr131.jpg

Baldr132.jpg

Baldr133.jpg

The first of many difficult mage fights ahead for Yoel (Lloyd is dead)
Baldr134.jpg

I believe last playthrough(s) he said taller instead, likely this is based of your charisma though my extra strength modifier is higher
Baldr135.jpg

Baldr137.jpg

Baldr138.jpg

Baldr139.jpg

Baldr140.jpg

Baldr141.jpg

Baldr142.jpg

I have noticed that some companions will scale in relation to your level - before they join your party. Your level rather than total experience. So I did some solo leveling then dual-classed to a thief were levels gain much faster, and indeed several characters ultimately ended up having 600-800k more experience than if you were to add them immediately to the group at level 8/9 as well as more experience than me in case of a thief. There is also only 1 hp gain difference past lv10 between a fighter and thief despite thieves being 4 to 6 levels ahead at any time. Finally I was annoyed with Jan, the only permanent thief I can mass steal with, and realized I could simply kill all mages by backstabbing them before a single spell
Baldr147.jpg

Baldr150.jpg

Baldr153.jpg

Baldr162.jpg

I can also steal potions from my enemies
Baldr164.jpg

Baldr173.jpg

Baldr169.jpg

s-sorry sir
Baldr170.jpg

whoops Yoel's blade slipped on the way out
Baldr190.jpg

Baldr195.jpg

Baldr209.jpg

Baldr174.jpg

I have also realized the thief stronghold actually allows you to sell stolen goods aka I can print more money than the fed and thus walk around more doped up than a Russian athlete at Sochi
Baldr206.jpg

Overall a very BORING update for all parties involved, but I wanted to give a good sense of my grind, latest schemes, and new thief abilities. Next time we will have new adventures and dungeons, and I will mostly stick to new material if I end up dying again.

huskarls

Scholar
after bypassing that nasty death spell mage we return to our mission of dealing with another sewer mage
Baldr212.jpg

Baldr213.jpg

Baldr214.jpg

Baldr215.jpg

Baldr216.jpg

Baldr217.jpg

Baldr219.jpg

Baldr221.jpg

Baldr223.jpg

Baldr226.jpg

Baldr225.jpg

An amusing series of dialogue, I had to reload to see the variations, despite saying I wouldn't. I wasn't even aware of the evil way of completing this quest (taking him as a slave).
Baldr233.jpg

Baldr234.jpg

Fairing ill on the portal to the dungeon, Yoel seeks out his fortune elsewhere
Baldr236.jpg

Baldr240.jpg

I have died and will die to many things, but never will it be to a trap
Baldr241.jpg

Baldr242.jpg

Baldr244.jpg

An extremely dangerous lot, but as powerful as a cow when stumbling about like imbeciles and with a dead mage
Baldr261.jpg

Baldr263.jpg

Baldr264.jpg

Baldr266.jpg

Critically missed a backstab here
Baldr271.jpg

Baldr272.jpg

Baldr273.jpg

Yoel heroically fights off the mushroom men despite his incapacitation and confusion
Baldr274.jpg

Baldr275.jpg

Hard to feel guilty about prepping versus the cheating ass game
Baldr276.jpg

Baldr277.jpg

Baldr278.jpg

Baldr279.jpg

Baldr281.jpg

Baldr282.jpg

Discretion is the better part of valour they say. Yoel's tricks and spells have run dry, so he becomes one with the shadows and makes like a tree and leaves. Technically Yoel was done anyway after poisoning the font and the resulting tree eater round up was just for kicks
Baldr283.jpg

Baldr284.jpg

hnhnhnhnhnhmmm that was a close one there dodging that instant kill spell
Baldr285.jpg

Baldr286.jpg

Baldr287.jpg

bah more dirt eaters rejecting Yoel's heroic rescue of the town. "b-but we didn't mean to kill people :("
Baldr288.jpg

Baldr289.jpg

Finally some respect is rightfully given
Baldr290.jpg

As the saviour of the town against the forces of darkness and trees Yoel rightfully takes what is due towards him even if the local tyrants withhold his spoils (Yoel steals many trinkets)
Baldr291.jpg

Baldr292.jpg

Baldr293.jpg

Bioware had the nerve to make a merchant that can't be stolen from! Bastards.
Baldr294.jpg

A bug; Yoel doesn't warp time and reload because he doesn't care
Baldr325.jpg

Innocently enough Yoel decides to relax after a hard day of heroism, have a few ales, and cast a few magical combat buffs...
Baldr326.jpg

What??? Cowled mages? Yoel had forgotten the magical prohibitions in Amn, and alas the enforcers have fell into carelessly placed traps before he had time to explain himself. Oh well, the only recourse is violence now...
Baldr327.jpg

Baldr328.jpg

Baldr330.jpg

Baldr332.jpg

Baldr333.jpg

Unfortunately in Amn the most amusing battles are the most pointless ones
Baldr338.jpg

On the way to redistribute some supplies to our heroes a rogue intercepts Yoel's just mission with trickery and lies
Baldr340.jpg

Stand aside foul detractors!
Baldr342.jpg

Ah fresh scrolls for our intrepid brethren
Baldr364.jpg

Next time: Return to the portal we tactically retreated from midway in this segment

Also I don't remember when this nail bitter happened, but Yoel survived
Baldr175.jpg

Incantatar

Cipher
I would use low key SCS instead of insane difficulty. Or just use core difficulty.

You play a little bit too reckless for ironman if you want to succeed. Don't take unneeded risks and be aware of instant death effects. Do the easier quests before the harder ones (planar sphere). Get the good gear asap. Berserker is a great class to ironman but you need to pay a lot of attention on your rage duration. There is gear you might not use normally that can be crucial in ironman, e.g. the 2 short swords with haste and mirror image.
Almost all my ironman deaths in BG2 were due to mages, demons and traps. Don't underestimate those.

huskarls

Scholar
Baldr366.jpg

Experience in your witless bearing, I like that one
Baldr371.jpg

Baldr372.jpg

The theme of this dungeon is that it has tiny areas you can fall into via these fleshy cancers
Baldr376.jpg

Baldr373.jpg

Baldr377.jpg

You can also use them to avoid spells
Baldr378.jpg

spell immunity abjuration prevents dispel and breach I realized. Originally I thought it was useless since there are like 7-8 schools of magic and you can just use spell turning instead, but really there is only two damage dealing schools.
Baldr379.jpg

Baldr380.jpg

Baldr381.jpg

Baldr383.jpg

Baldr384.jpg

Baldr385.jpg

Baldr386.jpg

Baldr387.jpg

Baldr388.jpg

Baldr389.jpg

Baldr391.jpg

Here it got a little funky with flesh cells getting turned off by some orb, before Yoel could pick up edwin's dropped gear
Baldr392.jpg

Also six cockroaches and a minotaur got spawned when Yoel was walking near the exit
Baldr393.jpg

I could have just choked down one of my 16 invisibility potions too..
Baldr429.jpg

Anyway Yoel was adequately successful so he'll have another round

huskarls

Scholar
Baldr000.jpg

witch_lackies_thats_what_magic_is_for.jpg

I don't really do any of the enhanced edition content nor post about, and what I mean by 'really' is that there is a rather annoying cut scene in the bridge district that I have seen multiple times with overtly modern dialogue. Ex: 'you really did not think this through' Neera:'No - but that's what magic is for!' More fit for a quip fest in an unfunny super hero movie than an epic fantasy. Any way the above screen shot is only a reconstruction
Baldr002.jpg

What Yoel actually did was shoot a fireball to stop the scene!
Baldr003.jpg

Baldr004.jpg

unfortunately Yoel lost an insane amount of reputation when Edwin started a fight in confusion
Baldr005.jpg

technically EE items are rule approved, just like game exploits
Baldr006.jpg

Baldr009.jpg

Baldr010.jpg

Only evil characters will join now
Baldr012.jpg

This was a big surprise, I didn't think bg2 had guard events
Baldr013.jpg

Baldr014.jpg

Baldr015.jpg

Baldr017.jpg

Those guards were quite strong, so Yoel has decided to clear up some of the rumors surrounding him over that ACCIDENTAL death by helping some slaves and temporarily removing the drow, Viconia, from his party
Baldr018.jpg

Baldr019.jpg

Baldr020.jpg

Baldr021.jpg

Baldr022.jpg

Baldr023.jpg

Yoel, breaker of chains and martyr of police brutality, has successfully put a stop to the impudent slavers harassing the citizens of Amn under the carelessly malicious watch of the guards.
Baldr025.jpg

Baldr026.jpg

What is wrong with these louts?? Have they not heard of the great hero of Amn?
Baldr027.jpg

Yoel agrees to help the ignorant peasants, for they can not be blamed for being dull and foul mannered much like the sun can not be chastised for rising in the morning or a dog eating its own excrement. It is only natural
Baldr028.jpg

The dirt-eating pagans quickly fall to Yoel's witchery and blades, foiled in their ghastly genocidal plans by our hero. However deja vu and Yoel's low opinion of the peasantry give him cause to trot off to the next epic quest without reporting his success, which could be open to manipulation like many of his heroic deeds.
Baldr030.jpg

Here is a virginal trinket for me, its meant to be pick pocketed off the genie in front of the tent in tradesmeet, however you could just kill him.
Baldr037.jpg

Next Yoel sets out to do the troll quest, have we covered the troll quest yet? Well its some castle Yoel is saving from trolls.
Baldr038.jpg

Baldr041.jpg

Baldr040.jpg

For once Edwin is speaking some sense
Baldr042.jpg

Baldr043.jpg

Edwin you fool! The guards will be relentless now...
Baldr044.jpg

Baldr045.jpg

A near death encounter, Yoel planned on a big 100+ back stab
Baldr046.jpg

Baldr047.jpg

64's are but child's play to the king of golems and his princely 74's
Baldr048.jpg

Baldr049.jpg

In a frenzy Yoel now moves on to the sewer-portal quests!
Baldr050.jpg

Baldr055.jpg

Baldr051.jpg

Bam. Another quest complete. What to they call mental diving abilities? Promotions? Well Yoel just had a big promotion about stepping into a random portal
Baldr052.jpg

ah what is this?
Baldr053.jpg

Baldr054.jpg

A bug Yoel gladly exploits
Baldr056.jpg

This shit went on for a minute with no damage on either side
Baldr057.jpg

Baldr058.jpg

Baldr059.jpg

Baldr060.jpg

Baldr061.jpg

In light of those two misfortunate deaths and misplaced gossip it has become necessary to convene the forces of the asshole four to protect Yoel's person against unjust aggression
Baldr062.jpg

tis merely self defence
Baldr063.jpg

Baldr064.jpg

can't believe I've been missing out on using cleric's hold person until now
Baldr065.jpg

The reward: 8 sets of full plate mail and some spell scrolls. And only three peasants and a dog were killed in the chaos those guards caused.

huskarls

Scholar
Baldr066.jpg

by popular demand lets look at some more EE content! This guy seems harmless enough standing in the corner quietly
Baldr067.jpg

Baldr069.jpg

Baldr072.jpg

Baldr073.jpg

Baldr074.jpg

Baldr075.jpg

Baldr070.jpg

Four my friends, this is cannon now! I forgot to include screenshots of the rest the crews comments, but they were very pro-murder for the sake of it
Baldr017.jpg

Baldr076.jpg

See you can be funny in an in-setting fashion, well I thought this was funny any way
Baldr077.jpg

Heading a crime organization and a playhouse, how very Italian of Yoel
Baldr078.jpg

Baldr079.jpg

The liberator of Amn shall bare no slaving within his crime syndicate
Baldr084.jpg

Here Yoel is being set upon by the guards after dealing with some shadow thieve business, guards attack Yoel every time he enters a part of Amn.
Baldr086.jpg

Baldr088.jpg

Baldr080.jpg

Baldr090.jpg

Baldr091.jpg

Baldr092.jpg

Baldr093.jpg

fireballs are so blaze compared to deathspells
Baldr094.jpg

Baldr100.jpg

Baldr101.jpg

Baldr103.jpg

Baldr104.jpg

Baldr105.jpg

Baldr106.jpg

Baldr107.jpg

Baldr108.jpg

Baldr109.jpg

Baldr110.jpg

Finally, as a proud gaymer I no longer feel excluded from the lifestyle because of my orientation
Baldr111.jpg

Alas, Yoel is only into twinks
Baldr113.jpg

Baldr114.jpg

Baldr118.jpg

a use for unholy blight versus good npcs at last
Baldr119.jpg

Yep, that's me, getting double fireballed on insane
Baldr120.jpg

Baldr121.jpg

Baldr123.jpg

Baldr124.jpg

Baldr112.jpg

In addition to free guard encounters at max evil reputation you also get price gouged at stores

huskarls

Scholar
Baldr129.jpg

Baldr131.jpg

Baldr134.jpg

Of course, right after random dungeons
Baldr137.jpg

Baldr143.jpg

Baldr144.jpg

Baldr145.jpg

Baldr146.jpg

Baldr147.jpg

Baldr148.jpg

Baldr150.jpg

Baldr151.jpg

Baldr152.jpg

Baldr155.jpg

Baldr157.jpg

Baldr156.jpg

Baldr158.jpg

Baldr159.jpg

Baldr160.jpg

Baldr162.jpg

Baldr163.jpg

Yoel soon realized how pointless doing ToB content was and returned to his bounty hunting. He also party dropped the gay EE companion at some point in his daze between 0 an 100% lucidity on his misnomer misadventure for this session
Baldr180.jpg

huskarls

Scholar
Baldr181.jpg

Baldr184.jpg

Baldr185.jpg

this was a good one, I was prowling the ol spellbook trying to turn the most worthless spells useful
Baldr187.jpg

hmm that bug didn't work out afterall, but I don't reload those either more out of laziness than principle
Baldr188.jpg

Baldr192.jpg

Baldr193.jpg

Baldr194.jpg

Baldr195.jpg

Baldr196.jpg

Baldr197.jpg

Baldr198.jpg

ah the in between Flavour(TM) and Immersion(TM). Alright to the dungeon
Baldr200.jpg

Baldr201.jpg

Baldr203.jpg

Baldr204.jpg

Damn, Yoel ate a double flamestrike or some crazy shit and Viconia was perma-killed by trash mobs. I was playing like shit leading up to this though, not potion buffing, not full healing between fights, not using invisibility to avoid cleric spells, using my cleric in melee
Baldr204.jpg

Enter Richard: although other heroes had grand goals, his sole desire is scandalous embraces with the maidens of the forgotten realms
Baldr205.jpg

Baldr206.jpg

Damn, those forest thots were secretly evil during all those playthroughs (5?)
Baldr002.jpg

Baldr004.jpg

Serious mommy complex here, the richard's love is boundless, unbounded, and without boundaries
Baldr005.jpg

Baldr006.jpg

Baldr007.jpg

The ladies quickly fall to my...I mean Richard's virile charms in my power fa- I mean roleplaying game
Baldr008.jpg

Baldr011.jpg

Baldr012.jpg

Baldr013.jpg

Baldr017.jpg

Baldr019.jpg

In fallout you can win the game without ever fighting
Baldr020.jpg

Baldr021.jpg

Baldr026.jpg

Baldr028.jpg

Baldr029.jpg

oh what cruel fate to slay a would be lover by your own hand! A tragedy on par with a greek play or shakespeare work, friendzoned by death itself
Baldr030.jpg

Baldr031.jpg

Baldr033.jpg

Baldr034.jpg

ungentlmen behavior is below Richard's integrity, unlike OTHER characters out there
Baldr035.jpg

yes, probably should have turned back after losing my druid with confusion immunity spells. I must admit I played all of this all on one day under the influence as well the next segment, which was shortly doomed as well, but fear not! My pathetic struggles will only make the eventual triumph all the greater

huskarls

Scholar
In other news I'm looking for 3-5 people for IWD1 MP, probably saturday with ironman on hard. Here are the big requirements: have a mic and show up, that's it and especially it. No need for any sad dog comments about how you are no good with games or tech or whatever. We can do other retro rpg mp as well, but for now I need to know who the showers are. Message me

huskarls

Scholar
Baldr037.jpg

Honestly this was the first or second time I bothered to ping pong this dude. I used to play a hunter in WoW. I was 2.3k 3v3 in WotLK from hour long kites just like this
Baldr039.jpg

Baldr041.jpg

Baldr042.jpg

Baldr058.jpg

Baldr060.jpg

Baldr070.jpg

Baldr071.jpg

Baldr073.jpg

Baldr076.jpg

Baldr084.jpg

big whoops there, turned jaihera hostile. 230 pickpocketing ain't guaranteed on people like merchants, but I did get a mass invisibility scroll one time off these jokers. If only I didn't die multiple times my lv7 spells wouldn't suck so much
Baldr085.jpg

Baldr094.jpg

Baldr095.jpg

Baldr101.jpg

Man this was a funny one. I did this five times perfectly but on this time I stopped right after killing the mage and thought about the stealthed rogue, and every other time I just knocked her out of stealth with a chaos spell. Well I said fuck it I already drank some potions, then I got killed by a 125 backstab. Often time we do things based on them working previously rather than having any sound basis
Baldr062.jpg

huskarls

Scholar
honestly I don't usually die this much ironmanning
Baldr063.jpg

Baldr065.jpg

Baldr073.jpg

Baldr074.jpg

Baldr077.jpg

Baldr080.jpg

Baldr088.jpg

Baldr089.jpg

Baldr085.jpg

Baldr092.jpg

Baldr093.jpg

Baldr094.jpg

Baldr096.jpg

Baldr098.jpg

I only played BG2 once before, and originally I just killed my way through rather doing whatever this is.
Baldr100.jpg

Baldr103.jpg

Baldr104.jpg

Baldr105.jpg

Baldr106.jpg

Baldr107.jpg

Baldr108.jpg

Baldr109.jpg

Baldr113.jpg

a long winded talking building(?)
Baldr114.jpg

Baldr116.jpg

Died here, come to think of it I only fought one beholder without the cloak of deflection, which you can get away with as opposed to three beholders. Without the correct tactics any way

Also the good news is I did start the IWD mp, bad news is that I got zero replies and just used my existing steam friends

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom