Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

BG2 total conversion

Pelvis Knot

Cipher
I remember I saw some TC mods on SHS forums, did anyone try those? Are they any good?

CrimHead

Scholar
thisthreadagain.jpg

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
:lol:

You have been here since Nov 19thj, and you now finally realise we are a bunch of angry cunts?

Are you American?

Pelvis Knot

Cipher
No, been lurking for ages. No, not American.

I used search, but somehow I'm not inclined to sift through 200 threads with 5 pages each

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
baronjohn said:
Yeah that sounds almost as tedious as BG2.

Nice one! :thumbsup:

Although I can't agree.

What I can do, though, is telling you to use the Big World mod that brings BG1+2+ToB together and adds dozens of mods, kits, dungeons, stories, NPC improvements, other improvements, and so on, and so on. And most of that optional with a very nice installer, information for each mod/fix and some selectable default configurations.
The installation took something between 3 and 5 hours. I was away for 5 hours and when I came back it was finished.

It's not really a TC but comes pretty close. At least it motivated me to play through the series again...

http://www.shsforums.net/index.php?app= ... showcat=72

EDIT:
I just noticed...
http://www.shsforums.net/index.php?app= ... &showcat=8

Mister Arkham

Scholar
I think I remember seeing a thread a couple of years ago where a couple of the BG Tutu people were looking into converting BG2 into 3.5D&D in the IWD2 version of the Infinity engine. Don't think anything ever came of it, but I could be wrong.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Mister Arkham said:
I think I remember seeing a thread a couple of years ago where a couple of the BG Tutu people were looking into converting BG2 into 3.5D&D in the IWD2 version of the Infinity engine. Don't think anything ever came of it, but I could be wrong.

It was called IcewindGate. There was a number of technical difficulties that prevented it being implemented into that engine. One I can remember off hand is that there is no way to check if a player casts a spell in Athkatla (which IS present in BGII's code) and thus summoning the resident mages upon the party. There are much more examples, I just dont remember them.

cremo

Novice
It was the icewind gate 2 project. If i recall right it "failed" due to iwd engine limitations that would inhibit to set easily things like numerous timers for npcs-dialogues and other stuff as that.

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
Well, at least the development team got swallowed by Broken Hourglass. I'm pretty pessimistic about it, though as they don't seem to like the idea of stat-based dialogue.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom