Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline BG3 : Rtwp, turn based, action , place your bet!

What do you think baldur's gate 3 will be ?

• Total voters

Mortmal

Arcane
If the game is party-based, as seems to be confirmed(?)
Given they've specifically stated that "Gather your party" is their tag line for the game I'd say it's as good as confirmed.
Can you imagine the outrage if it wasn't?
"Gather your party" means it will be a multi-player coop online-only game. No single player.

How many characters in the party ? sven wont tell, how multiplayer works ? innovations .Top down like the other games ? we will show...So you might not even be wrong

Another hint: consider also it will be one of the first games delivered through Stadia... If it really will be an online-focused game, I cannot begin to imagine the amount of butthurt it will generate.

Damn, i just thought about something and its really the stuff of nightmares...Ever been to D&d pen and paper convention ? Group of players not knowing each others , with a dm , in time limited adventures . Everyone competing and gaining points for each adventure solved, therefore banning completely roleplay as its a waste of time.... They could very well do that online, turning d&d into an E-sport.Mandatory online connection !

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Larian has experience with TB so I wouldn’t be surprised if it turned that way. I might play it too that way.

Then again, they might also consider the ”TB is not Baldur’s Gate, bwaah!” crowd so, who knows.

Mortmal

Arcane
Larian has experience with TB so I wouldn’t be surprised if it turned that way. I might play it too that way.

Then again, they might also consider the ”TB is not Baldur’s Gate, bwaah!” crowd so, who knows.
We live in a world with fallout 3 , fallout 4 and even fallout 76 . Look at fallout 2, everything is possible.

Wunderbar

Arcane
A mix between 1 and 3, i.e. something like Dragon age series.

I doubt they would go full action, especially since Divinity 2 wasn't all that successful.

ZagorTeNej

Arcane
It's gonna be a console RPG with an online focus so RTwP is pretty much out of the picture.

Either turn-based or real-time action.

Mr. Hiver

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
I guess its theoretically possible but, seeing how successful they were with DoS games i dont see how it could have hurt to reveal TB system and some kind of "isometric" PoV. (and thats what i would prefer)
That is the closest you can get to RtwP and especially DnD features and mechanics.

This avoidance is creating more negative feedback than that would. Im guessing but it would make more sense if they are planning a much bigger difference.

Last edited:

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
I think Larian is really eager to get into "Big Boys League" to Bethesda, Bioware of old and CD Project. ~2-3 kk copies sold of D:OS 2 is good for kickstarted RPG but laughable for AAA.
And they definitely aim for AAA with WotC license, leeching from BG franchise and collaboration with Google Stadia and they controller (meh!).

With Bioware almost dead, convulsing and reeking there is good place for Dragon Age-like RPG with controlling different party members through coop in 3rd person view. And heavy focus on coop is must for big money and subscribe/service. In best case they'd include some tactical (TB) mode only to shut up fans.

All this my guess of course.

Last edited:

Myzzrym

Tactical Adventures
Patron
Developer
Would love TB, I'm fine with RTwP, Dragon Age-like RPG though... eeeeh...

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
What sort of retard made this poll? Have you even read D&D 5e's rules? How do you think this shit can EVER equate to "Dragon Dogma gameplay"?

"We're not using 5e rules, they're not fun in a computer game,"--Swen Vincke

Barabus https://www.pcgamer.com/au/baldurs-gate-3-will-combine-the-best-of-divinity-and-dandd-5th-edition/
It's an interpretation of D&D, specifically 5th Edition, because porting the core rules, which Larian tried to do, doesn't work. Or it works, Vincke clarifies, but it's no fun at all.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom