Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Biomutant - open world post-apocalyptic kung fu with furries

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
https://biomutant.com

https://af.gog.com/game/biomutant?as=1649904300

A NEW TAKE ON 3RD PERSON COMBAT
The martial arts style combat system allows you maximum freedom of movement and agility while mixing shooting, melee and powers from your mutations. Acquiring new Wushu combat styles through progression, and learning from masters you’ll meet, constantly adds to your choices and makes sure combat never gets old.

EVOLVE YOUR GAMEPLAY
You’ll be able to recode your genetic structure to change the way you look and play. This will of course affect your attributes and in addition to this, exposure to bio-contamination in the world will lead to physical mutations such as mantis-claws and barbed tails, while exposure to radioactivity found in bunkers from the old world will affect your mind and unlock psi-mutations including telekinesis, levitation and more.

NEXT LEVEL OF CRAFTING
Unleash your creativity when crafting weapons. Mix and match parts to create your own unique single- or double-handed slash, crush and pierce melee weapons. Revolvers, rifles and shotguns and add modifications from cork-screws and battery-powered chainsaw modules to bio-contaminated sludge vials, that’ll give edge to your combat arsenal. There are even characters you’ll meet that’ll craft cool stuff for you, like bionic wings, a jump-pack and even let you modify your Automaton - the scrap-toy sidekick!

GEAR UP FOR ADVENTURE
You have full freedom when equipping your character. Not only when it comes to choosing weapons you created, but also what type of gear you wear. Equip a gasmask and an oxygen tank for exploring the Dead Zones, thermos-resistant clothes for venturing into cryonic areas or protective gear for taking on bio-contaminated creatures, the choice is up to you.

SURVIVE IN A VIBRANT OPEN WORLD
You’ll create your own adventure as you journey explore the open world and what lies beneath its surface, by foot, mech, jet-ski, air-balloon and more. Traverse the dying wildland, the tunnels and bunker networks of the underworld, and find your way up the mountains or out in the archipelago. There are lots of discoveries to be made, mysteries to unravel, creatures to confront and weird characters to meet in this vibrant and colorful world.

AN UNUSUAL STORY WITH AN UNUSUAL END
Your actions play a major part in the unfolding of a story where End is coming to the New World. A plague is ruining the land and the Tree-of-Life is bleeding death from its roots. The Tribes stand divided, in need of someone strong enough to unite them or bring them all down... Although you are guided through the world by a Storyteller that narrates every step of your journey, it’s your actions and choices that’ll decide how your story of survival ends.

Last edited by a moderator:

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
THQ Nordic has announced the lineup of games it is bringing to Gamescom 2017 in Cologne, Germany later next month.

• New Announcement #1 – The first new announcement is a brand new original IP. This open world RPG is set in a unique universe and will be a post-apocalyptic kung-fu fable.
  • New Announcement #2 – The second new announcement is a new instalment of a well-known, mysterious and horrific IP.

• Elex – The short breakdown: Journalists and players alike can look forward to playing a near-to-final version of Elex, the open world RPG from Piranha Bytes. Coming to PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC on October 17th.
  • Battle Chasers: NightwarBattle Chasers: Nightwar was nominated for the “Best RPG of E3” award and is shaping up nicely for its multi-platform release on October 3. For the first time, you can get your hands on the game on the Nintendo Switch.
  • SpellForce 3 – The multiplayer beta of SpellForce 3 is now running and has already seen thousands of players contributing providing valuable feedback to the development process. At Gamescom, the focus will be on SpellForce 3’s deep single-player campaign.
  • Aquanox: Deep Descent – First-person underwater shooter Aquanox: Deep Descent will show its campaign for the first time to journalists and players alike.
  • The Guild 3 – For The Guild 3 you cannot only expect to see an improved version and advanced gameplay, but we will also have a surprise announcement to make.
  • Wreckfest – The recently announced cooperation with Bugbear Entertainment for Wreckfest allows the game to make a pit stop at gamescom where it will show off a raft of new content for upcoming updates.

Gamescom 2017 runs from August 22 to 26.

That description
:philosoraptor:

Mynon

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Looks like someone failed to obtain the Fist of the North Star rights.

First time I've heard of this, I've that it will be based around some more traditional wuxia setting. Not so hot about another post-apoc world.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
THQ Nordic has announced the lineup of games it is bringing to Gamescom 2017 in Cologne, Germany later next month.
  • The Guild 3 – For The Guild 3 you cannot only expect to see an improved version and advanced gameplay, but we will also have a surprise announcement to make.

"We will release the game sometime this decade."

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer
Wait, they're probably making some single character action game but what people here complain about is that the world will be open?

Epsilon

Cipher
Open world is an excuse for not having a clear vision for your games design, you allow the player to travel far and wide, so you can hide the fact that theres no depth to the gameplay, because the world is 'so big'. And yet the player is constantly removed from the 'flow' of the game because he has to hunt for 'crafting materials' or 'collectibles'. Give me a fucking break.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
What if it is leonard/ cain unreal 4 rpg?

From what we know:

-It will be a new ip
-It will be arpg
-It will be near AAA
-It has a publisher
-Leonard said "if you like fallout you will like it" thus the post apoc connection

It is a mystery indeed

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Anyway i am still waiting(probably till the end of my life) for open world rpg that evolve and improve gothic 1 and 2 formula. A slice of the a bigger world, with limited scope, but packed with content that matter and purpose, filled with local lore and vague lore of the outside world that cab be expanded with sequels and such.

An open world rpg where character progress actually matter and while you get stronger, the more areas open for you (and if you are crafty enough you can still visit higher level area grab cool loots and survive)

an open world that strive for a simulation both in world design to quest design and npc placement that works in tandem to create a believable world.

Fucking bethesda and ubisoft basically made these empty checklist distraction open worls dotted with useless content popular. Also the people who boughy those shit and actually want those shit being the majoritt of the market.

I hate this fucking world i am living in.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
I just don't see THQ approaching Obsidian to do a new IP. But who the fuck knows. A Job is a Job. And Obsidian needs to stay in business.

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
I just don't see THQ approaching Obsidian to do a new IP. But who the fuck knows. A Job is a Job. And Obsidian needs to stay in business.

I doubt a small publisher like THQNordic can bankroll such a prestigious developer. My guess is this will be some Diablo clone made by Polish/Ukie dev for potato wages. I could be wrong though.

Mynon

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
-Leonard said "if you like fallout you will like it" thus the post apoc connection
So, that might've meant nothing more than "if you like that currently popular open world RPG, you will like this one too", meaning that there is still some hope for wuxia fantasy setting rather than a post-apoc one.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Also furry: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...ocalyptic-kung-fu-action-rpg-called-biomutant

THQ Nordic making open-world post-apocalyptic kung-fu action-RPG called Biomutant
I wonder if they'll fit all that on the box.

A German magazine has spoiled a THQ Nordic Gamescom surprise: a post-apocalyptic open-world kung-fu action role-playing game called Biomutant, which is a bit of a mouthful.

In a tweet of the magazine advert, via Reddit, a kind of scruffy cat/fox/something stands on two legs with a large sword slung over its shoulder. It is armoured and wearing a bullet belt, and there is a large cricket - of course there is - on its shoulder.

The ad says "Anfang 2018", which translates to "beginning 2018". Does that mean it will be released at the beginning of next year?

In a trio of screenshots we can see the rat-cat-fox-thing running through a forest, travelling quickly over water somehow, and flying on something through the air.

PC, PS4 and Xbox One logos are show, as is one for Koch Media, which is presumably a publishing partner.

The developer appears to be Experiment 101, or X101, a new Swedish team formed in summer 2015 by former Avalanche (Just Cause) creative director Stefan Ljungqvist. He recently wrote on LinkedIn:

"We will be demoing the studio's first title on the show floor at Gamescom - an open-world action-RPG not like anything you've seen or played before. We've been hard at work on this for some time and I am happy to finally be able to share it. Really looking forward to it. Made with UE4."

Sounds like Biomutant to me.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
Looks like "not-Rocket" to me.

Early 2018 means that the game's almost done. The "don't announce until shortly before release" marketing strategy seems to be adopted increasingly often.

Last edited:

Gepeu

Savant
Patron
Won't beat ELEX, though. Its kung-fu goes down the drain.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom