Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

BioShock: The Collection & Sequel Rumors

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014

2K just created the official Twitter account for BioShock.

Is new BioShock coming?

Or rumored BioShock: The Collection is.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
It'd be a bit odd to create a Twitter account just for a compilation rerelease. It is possible that the compilation is merely a prelude to the announcement of a new game.

Last edited:

---

Arcane
CmIrTphUoAA_fVx.jpg

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-06-30-bioshock-the-collection-finally-announced

BioShock: The Collection finally announced
Three games, new commentary, all single-player DLC.

At long last, 2K Games has officially announced BioShock: The Collection.

jpg

It arrives for PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One on 16th September in the UK (13th in North America) and here's what you get:

• BioShock
  • BioShock 2
  • BioShock 2: Protector Trials DLC
  • BioShock 2: Minerva's Den DLC
  • BioShock Infinite
  • BioShock Infinite: Clash in the Clouds & Columbia's Finest Packs
  • BioShock Infinite: Burial at Sea Episode 1 & 2 DLC
That's the full trilogy, plus every single-player add-on, including the excellent Minerva's Den DLC for BioShock 2 which is arguably better the main game itself.

The only thing not included is BioShock 2's multiplayer mode and the various add-ons for that.

A Director's Commentary video series will also be included, with insight from BioShock creator Ken Levine.

It's unclear how much has been done to boost the performance and visuals of BioShock 1 and 2 - although you can see both in action in the trailer below.

BioShock Infinite has not had any upgrades on PC, 2K notes, as it is already up to scratch with "current console standards".

It's almost a relief to have BioShock: The Collection finally announced, after continual leaks pointing to its existence over the past year.

Ahead of the announcement last night on Twitter, people were counting up the number of times it had been leaked over the past year, through retailer listings, ratings boards and 2K's own website. It was a lot.

MediantSamuel

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
"Finally announced"

"At long last"

"Almost a relief"

Jesus fucking christ, does this guy have Bioshock: The Collection related anxiety?

Also, why would you want a collection when Bioshock 1 is the only one worth playing? :smug:

Hoaxmetal

Arcane
"Finally announced"

"At long last"

"Almost a relief"

Jesus fucking christ, does this guy have Bioshock: The Collection related anxiety?

Also, why would you want a collection when Bioshock 1 is the only one worth playing? :smug:
He cannot handle the excitement of buying the same game again.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013

To be fair, a remaster of the first would be welcome because it has some issues on modern PCs. The problem with this collection is now I'm buying Infinite with it and that gives Ken Levine the wrong idea. I want him to know I don't want his trash.

Strap Yourselves In Codex+ Now Streaming!
Ah, good ol' Bioshock. I think apart from Freelancer, that's the biggest history of disappointment in my gaming career...

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Bioshock seemed really bad if you were coming at it as an early 2000s gamer. But it arrived right on the cusp of an era of gaming (~2007-2011) that was much worse, making it look not so bad in retrospect.

But then things got a bit better again. I think if you made a Bioshock game today, it could have permanent character progression and an inventory system and all these other things that the System Shock 2 grognards on TTLG were mad about.

tormund

Arcane
I didn't hate it back in the day, but game is p much impossible to replay for me. Combat is too tedious, and respawning much worse than in SS2. There is also something about game's atmosphere and locations that made them far less compelling to explore than in SS2.

Ah, good ol' Bioshock. I think apart from Freelancer, that's the biggest history of disappointment in my gaming career...
Freelancer had first class modding scene for a while though.

tormund

Arcane
Is Minerva's Den really that better from Bioshock 1 and 2? Journos seem to be championing it, which actually makes me suspicious due to Gone Home connection and the fact than people seemingly started praising it so much only some time after its release.

I never played it, it's just that amount of over the top praise for it looks p weird to me (especially since you rarely see people going into details when talking about it, it boils down to it being great or so much better than base Bioshock 2).

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Is Minerva's Den really that better from Bioshock 1 and 2? Journos seem to be championing it, which actually makes me suspicious due to Gone Home connection and the fact than people seemingly started praising it so much only some time after its release.

I never played it, it's just that amount of over the top praise for it looks p weird to me (especially since you rarely see people going into details when talking about it, it boils down to it being great or so much better than base Bioshock 2).

For the most part, it's just more Bioshock 2, but with the fat trimmed off. No slow build up - you start out weak and have to struggle a bit to survive in "high level" zones. And it's small enough that you never become too powerful either. There's a new weapon type, a kind of laser cannon, which is fun to play with.

The story has a nice twist and is rather touching, with a brief "walking sim" outro sequence at the end (only a few minutes). I'd guess that it's the story and that sequence that impressed the journos, but beyond that stuff, it's a solid DLC.

If it realy came for free and they port the gameplay from 2 into the first I'll give a try.

To me it's only a random generic piece of Bioshock. If you like to shoot and hack it's Worth a try.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom