Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News BioSynth: Rising is a futuristic turn-based RPG with robots, lasers and cyborgs, now on Kickstarter

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: BioSynth: Rising; Neptune Games

BioSynth: Rising is an upcoming turn-based RPG set in a cyberpunkish sci-fi setting where robots are sentient beings with the same rights as human. It's the brainchild of an Italian fellow named Mauro who founded a team called Neptune Games last year to create it. Their plan is for the game to feature Divinity: Original Sin-inspired environmental interaction, multiple classes and skill trees, and a complex reputation system. That's an ambitious design and so they've launched a Kickstarter campaign to fund it. Here's the pitch video:

Neptune are looking to raise €50,000 to make BioSynth a reality. Right now it doesn't look like they're going to make it, but if you'd like to help out, a copy of the game can be secured for €19 right now, with beta access available at €59 and alpha at €189. The estimated release date is April 2023.

cr0mag

Novice
Backed. Now we wait for a suprise in 2-3 years when I've forgotten about it

elverkongen

Learned
  • cyberpunkish sci-fi setting
  • robots are sentient beings with the same rights as human (providing a means for a lazy allegory for racism)
  • Divinity: Original Sin-inspired environmental interaction
  • Guardians of the Galaxy shirt
All signs point to shit but I'm sure reddit will love it.

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
When the charts showcasing all the "rewards" you'll get for backing their game are as long as the description of the game itself, clear red flag. The game looks like dog shit. Why the fuck do developers keep trying to make 3D Isometric RPGs, the game looks like the fetal alcohol syndrome sci fi cousin of DOS. And the UI coloring is horrendous, why the fuck are the colors so bright and gauche? I'll be surprised if the game is even made, much less not a complete piece of shit.

Humbaba

Arcane
Didn't Solasta already do this just with a 5e DnD? I haven't played Solasta yet, so I might be wrong here.

MartinK

Learned
Humanoid robots? Fuck that, let me design and redesign my own murder drone on tracks or mechanical spider legs or whatever.

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Looks interesting. But not enough to get my dick hard.

Also, no GOG release planned yet.

Darkozric

Arbiter
Edgy
Looks interesting. But not enough to get my dick hard.

Also, no GOG release planned yet.

In this age of decadence what could get one's dick hard? As you said, "interesting", it's enough for now.
Also the GOG idiots won't accept respectable efforts in their platform that are already released, what makes you think that they will put an unknown Italian indie game that is about to release in 2023?
In other words it's too soon for that.

Shin

Cipher
In this age of decadence what could get one's dick hard?
never before have i seen someone capture so succinctly the essence of our times

In the times of the Kickstarter-rennaisance, when the cherubim of incline teased us with her potential, our collective dicks were made hard. But we were left dissatisfied.
Now we live through the age of decadence, when harpies sour our lust and our collective dicks are flaccid and pale. One begs to wonder what sights and wonders will restart the cycle and entice the stiffening and growth of our dicks once again...
ah... I hope that I get to see that sight again in this lifetime... no homo.

Darkozric

Arbiter
Edgy
In the times of the Kickstarter-rennaisance, when the cherubim of incline teased us with her potential, our collective dicks were made hard. But we were left dissatisfied.
Now we live through the age of decadence, when harpies sour our lust and our collective dicks are flaccid and pale. One begs to wonder what sights and wonders will restart the cycle and entice the stiffening and growth of our dicks once again...

You reminded me of Numenera now...I will never forgive them for this betrayal.

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
In this age of decadence what could get one's dick hard?
never before have i seen someone capture so succinctly the essence of our times

a dick spurned might never rise anew

for it knows, in the depths of its balls

the future holds naught but soy

a sterile soil where nothing can grow

Darkwind

Liturgist
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
The low goal raises quite a few question marks, tbh.
But I threw some cash at it, anyway - you never know!

50K isn't even a single developers salary, I would be very wary of the quality of a 50K backed 'game'. Unless it's a Cleve Blakemore product in which case it will be just awesome beyond words.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
The low goal raises quite a few question marks, tbh.
But I threw some cash at it, anyway - you never know!

50K isn't even a single developers salary, I would be very wary of the quality of a 50K backed 'game'. Unless it's a Cleve Blakemore product in which case it will be just awesome beyond words.

A lot of kickstarters are started by people not in the US and on shoestring budgets. Most kickstarters are pie in the sky kind of deals, and not very planned out. People who have delivered more than one crowdfunded campaign (and with decent reviews) are far and few between.

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
Is the guy loaded? He said he's used his own personal funds so far and clearly a lot of money has already been spent on the game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom