Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Bioware caught posting metacritic reviews..

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"Volourn isn't even trying anymore. Shilling for such a crap game has surely taken its toll."

I agree. I should stop sucking FO's cock. I change my mind. FO is a very SOZZY game. Sorry guys, I've seen the light!

Norfleet

There is a lesson to be had from this: Never trust favorable reviews. Anyone who has anything overly good to say is a shill. The only honest reviews are ones that are negative. Everyone else either hasn't actually played it or is a shill. An HONEST good review reads to the effect of "Well, it wasn't terrible.".

asper

Arcane
Project: Eternity
You know what is really sad? The fact that there is not one negative "critic" review of DA2 on this metacritic thing, while there are 192 negative user reviews. Something is really wrong here - people just accept this as normal?

Captain Shrek

DA2: Repercussions of Reviews

Chris Hoban waited. The lights above him blinked and sparked out of the air. There were trolls in the metacritic. He didn't see them, but had expected them now for years. His warnings to Chris Priestly were not listenend to and now it was too late. Far too late for now, anyway.
Chris was bioware engineer for fourteen years. When he was young he watched the RPGs and he said to dad "I want to be on the RPG daddy."
Dad said "No! You will BE KILL BY TROLLS!"
There was a time when he believed him. Then as he got oldered he stopped. But now in the Edemonton base of the Bioware he knew there were trolls. "This is Chris" the radio crackered. "You must fight the trolls!"
So Chris gotted his plasma keyboard and blew up the reviews.
"HE GOING TO KILL US" said the trolls.
"I will shoot at him" said the cybertroll and he fired the 0 scores. John ‘ten’ded at him and tried to blew him up. But then the ceiling fell and they were trapped and not able to kill.
"No! I must kill the trolls" he shouted
The radio said "No, Chris. You ARE the trolls"
And then Chris was a celebrity.

Castanova

Prophet
asper said:
You know what is really sad? The fact that there is not one negative "critic" review of DA2 on this metacritic thing, while there are 192 negative user reviews. Something is really wrong here - people just accept this as normal?

Well, game reviewers play shit games for a living. So (a) DA2 probably seems superior to some total piece of shit half-broken game the reviewer just previously played and (b) only people with awful taste in video games are willing to do the job in the first place. Plus, the whole ad revenue thing.

At last - criticism has been silenced on the bioboards

image_id11368w350h300_Soviet_KGB_propaganda_poster_DO_NOT_BLAB.jpg
[/quote]

Priestly the Hutt has created a special forum for DA2 discussion where you can only post if you have a registered copy of the game. Separate the dissidents from the biodrones, and put them in their own "unregistered so you don't count" quarantine.

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/category/315/index

So the registered biodrones can now live in their little bio-bubble world, sheltered from the corruption of independent thought. Get ready for some exquisite 'shape of Qunari cock' threads popping up in that forum there soon.

So - the question - is it worth buying this game just to get a license key and be able to troll the new forum? Is $60 worth it?

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
as xYSSARIANx on bioware forums said:
The code to register is not user unique(ie the same for every one) and is printed on the outside of every display case in stores. How does that prove who 'owns' the game and who doesn't ?

I don't own the game, but can register because I know the code.

Just one Codexer needs to buy a copy and post it on the 'dex :smug:

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Captain Shrek said:
Befuddled Halfling said:
At last - criticism has been silenced on the bioboards

image_id11368w350h300_Soviet_KGB_propaganda_poster_DO_NOT_BLAB.jpg

Priestly the Hutt has created a special forum for DA2 discussion where you can only post if you have a registered copy of the game. Separate the dissidents from the biodrones, and put them in their own "unregistered so you don't count" quarantine.

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/category/315/index

So the registered biodrones can now live in their little bio-bubble world, sheltered from the corruption of independent thought. Get ready for some exquisite 'shape of Qunari cock' threads popping up in that forum there soon.

So - the question - is it worth buying this game just to get a license key and be able to troll the new forum? Is $60 worth it?

http://social.bioware.com/forum/Dragon- ... 688-1.html

:smug:

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic ... ex/6567189

Someone buy the game and post a giraffe dog picture in there.

Oesophagus

Arcane
Holy tits, been busy a few days with work and look what I miss. Really, DA2 was worth the cash that went into its developement if only for the lulz

Micmu

Magister
Yes, but it's only illegal if they can prove it. Which they never can, with capitalist shitheads like these.
half of internet is astroturfed shit

Captain Shrek

People looking forward to registering the game DA2 on Bioware Social network:

go to register games

select DA2 xbox

Enter this code: 014633365375

Congrats! You own the game!

Have fun!!

Medic

Scholar
Patron
There are a lot of people dead set on punishing BioWare for moving RPGs ahead and opening them up for real people to play. There are people that have not bought DA2 that are just flinging crap around because BioWare dared to kill some sacred RPG cows.

**** those people. More burgers for us.

made

Arcane
Captain Shrek said:

go to register games

select DA2 xbox

Have fun!!
face.gif

Although it seems mods are very quick to delete giraffe dog pics. :/

Black

Arcane
Captain Shrek said:

Have fun!!

??
Fun with da2? Congratulations for owning da2?

There's a reason people didn't even pirate it.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Captain Shrek said:

go to register games

select DA2 xbox

Have fun!!

BUT DO I GET ACHIEVEMENTS, IM CONFUSED

Captain Shrek

Konjad said:
BUT DO I GET ACHIEVEMENTS, IM CONFUSED

Don't worry. You can just say that you never registered the profile, just the game! Go on, Pilgrim.

Where is this thread (I presume this guy is referring to us?)

Biodrone said:
erock75 wrote...

I don't know if any of you know this but there is a "RPG website" out there (I'll refrain from using the name) that has incited their users to come here and create hundreds of fake accounts so they could TROLL Bioware and annoy the forumites.

This forum prevents that problem and I for one am GLAD! I can't stand reading normal people fighting with trolls on their points!!

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic ... /4#6569356

DraQ

Arcane
Norfleet said:
There is a lesson to be had from this: Never trust favorable reviews. Anyone who has anything overly good to say is a shill. The only honest reviews are ones that are negative. Everyone else either hasn't actually played it or is a shill. An HONEST good review reads to the effect of "Well, it wasn't terrible.".
Well, favourable reviews are all fine and dandy, it's too favourable reviews that are obvious shills.

Of n of all the other representatives of the genre, what's the chance, that this particular one happens to have the best implementation ever of some element?

1/n

Of n of all the other representatives of the genre with k distinct elements/components that can be assessed separately, what's the chance that the game reviewed just happen to be the best in every possible way?

1/n^k

What are the chances that a review focusing solely on presenting every of k elements as the best ever in a genre consisting of n games in the most vague and non-specific manner is a shill?

Duh.
:rpgcodex:

I consider Morrowind to be an awesome game. I can support my position rather well too. Yet, while writing a review of it I would spend a significant part of my time bitching about flaws.

Falling for "omg it haz best GFX, cumbat adn NPCs ever awsum story and most egselent rope-laying ever best gaem evar!!!111 11/10" *does* qualify you for retroactive abortion.

aries202

Erudite
Unlike the rpgcodex, Bioware devs. will not stand spamming their forums. And to ask Stanley Woo is he plans to start a Re-Volusion would be spamming.

Tolknaz

Augur
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Locking a topic because of spamming is all well and dandy. Going against freedom of speech and locking any topics, that (thruthfully) expose you to be a lying sack of shit and sealing it with a snarky remark like "end of the line" is retarded and disrespectful. It was always a matter of when, rather than if such code of conduct will bite their own ass.

J1M

Arcane
So you guys caught two devs dumb enough to post a 10 review. I have to wonder how many of the reviews that aren't 10 and up the average score above 4 are plants/paid marketing/ea/bioware employees.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom