Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Bioware cliche chart and their response

Kaanyrvhok

Arbiter
Multi-headed Cow said:
Fuck. The Bioware response pisses me off to no end. Even though Dragon Age is the best game they've made in ages, they're defending the worst aspects of it.

"It's a structure, guys! Even though it's blatantly transparent in all of our games that doesn't mean we're using it wrong or are bad writers!"

And don't even get me started on why "Players understand 4 objectives! No more, no less!" is bullshit. Jesus Christ. Sol making kissy faces at the Bioware guy is annoying too. Way to say "Oh, yeah, I'm not saying these are stupid. I'm sorry! Don't be mad at me!".

Now I'm all grumpy.

Yeah. The response was indicative.

Its true that people dont like having a bunch of missions going at once but thats more do to the fact that you dont know if a cut scene will jump forward and advance the game killing your missions, & because most game jurnals and NPCs dont properly prioritize the side quest and you don't know if you are playing a game that has timed missions. A little more communication of the consequence and priorities is whats needed.

The structure stuff bothers me more than the four missions. Bioware has the opportunity to deliver original stories to millions of people and they are dogmatically against it.

DefJam101

Arcane
whoa.png

Just noticed, the guy who wrote it is named Sol Invictus and looks like this:
320200_1247238360.png

Is this "our" Sol Invictus?

If so, how come no one has trolled his blog?

Also, by spreading this chart far and wide all over the internet, sol invictus has actually done more than 99% of codexers to spread good taste in RPGs.

Self-Ejected

Kosmonaut

Lost in Space
herostratus said:
Just noticed, the guy who wrote it is named Sol Invictus and looks like this:
320200_1247238360.png

Is this "our" Sol Invictus?

If so, how come no one has trolled his blog?

Also, by spreading this chart far and wide all over the internet, sol invictus has actually done more than 99% of codexers to spread good taste in RPGs.
du'h!

Der_Unbekannte

Educated
Kaanyrvhok said:
Bioware has the opportunity to deliver original stories to millions of people and they are dogmatically against it.

Television also has the opportunity to deliver original stories to billions of people.
But it just isn't what people want. They want light and understandable stories with an obvious structure so that they don't have to think about what's going an and can instantly start the fan-fics.

Jim Profit

Educated
Xor said:
It's missing the bit about a plot twist.
I hardly call pointing out the obvious a plot twist.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom