Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Company News BioWare opens shop

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: BioWare; Neverwinter Nights

The <a href="http://store.bioware.com/">BioWare Store</a> has been openned. That means you guys can all pay for those tiny modules <A href="http://www.bioware.com">BioWare</A> has tricked up with some sound and voice acting to lure people in to buying them.
<br>
<br>
So, thanks to everyone that decided to tell me about it. I finally decided to post about it.
<br>

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"That means you guys can all pay for those tiny modules BioWare has tricked up with some sound and voice acting to lure people in to buying them."

No, I'll pass.

And, also, is this really news? Afterall, it was annoucned ebfore that the store was opening on the 10th. It's the 10th so its' opened.

WHAT A SHOCKER!

DemonKing

Arcane
Volourn said:
And, also, is this really news? Afterall, it was annoucned ebfore that the store was opening on the 10th. It's the 10th so its' opened.

Well, HL2 was due to be released on the 30th of September last year, but it wasn't. The same can be said for countless other games. So IMO any publisher actually meeting a stated release date is newsworthy!

Volourn

Pretty Princess
"Well, HL2 was due to be released on the 30th of September last year, but it wasn't. The same can be said for countless other games. So IMO any publisher actually meeting a stated release date is newsworthy!"

You win.

POD

Novice
With dozens of user-made modules for NWN, some of them lasting 20 hours or more, do they really expect people to plunk down 8 bucks for a module that lasts 4-8 hours? Unreal.

AlanC9

Liturgist
POD said:
With dozens of user-made modules for NWN, some of them lasting 20 hours or more, do they really expect people to plunk down 8 bucks for a module that lasts 4-8 hours? Unreal.

No, the unreal part is that people are doing it.

Including me.

Volourn, can I borrow your "I am a brainwashed Bio fan" sig?

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Go ahead. I'm sure youa re having fun with the mods.

Besdies, I know why people would buy them. Buying "official" mods makes it much less likely you will get a turd. It's possible; but unlikely. Still not enough for me to buy it though.

Self-Ejected

dojoteef

Self-Ejected
Well anyone who does actually decide to buy a module, give us a short review of it here. Let us know if it's worth it or not.

Avin

Liturgist
anyone who does actually decide to buy a module, EXCEPT bio fanboys, please.

Sol Invictus

Erudite
I'd like to hear some opinions about either of these modules and I do not care if they come from Bio fans or anybody else. Some input would be nice.

Bio fans aren't at all comparable to EverQuest and Blizzard fans, come to think of it. You don't see Volourn defending Bioware's every move, do you? And he's a certifiable fan. It's just not the same with Blizzard fanboys. When Blizzard makes a mistake or when they decide to release a completely imbalanced, butt-ugly game like World of Warcraft it's simply unbelievable how so many people will pander to their crap by spouting nonsense like "World of Warcraft is a damn good looking game! It looks better than Guild Wars!" inspite of the fact that it looks like Warcraft 3 would in first person view.

RGE

Liturgist
I have a friend who wanted to play Witch's Wake because it was made by Bioware. He didn't want to play any other modules, only that one. So perhaps some of the people with that attitude might be willing to pay for those fancy modules. Not me though. Even if I wasn't bored with NWN I'd still prefer to try out the free modules that I haven't taken the time to play.

DrattedTin

Liturgist
POD said:

Er, which? The only user-made module that lasts 20+ hours that I can think of are PW's, and that's merely a result of being no more than blank map after map of monsters.

Avin

Liturgist
Volourn said:
Stop them moron.

i'll do my best :p

Exitium said:
You don't see Volourn defending Bioware's every move, do you?

for sure, only in 90% of time.

now come on, you two morons, i was kidding. no one except for bio fanboys will buy these modules.

the thing is that i'd like to play ww2 but won't pay for it...

Limorkil

Liturgist
DrattedTin said:
POD said:

Er, which? The only user-made module that lasts 20+ hours that I can think of are PW's, and that's merely a result of being no more than blank map after map of monsters.

Which, quite frankly, is all D&D ever was. Personally I would welcome a basic dungeon crawl without stupid uber items and a daft story about some woman who ends up on the wrong side of the tracks. Thats what NWN needed IMO, big multi-level dungeons full of tough encounters. It was the lame ass plots and NPCs that forced me to stop playing it.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
"i'll do my best"

LOL Not exactly the repsonse I'd thought you give. :P

"now come on, you two morons, i was kidding. no one except for bio fanboys will buy these modules."

Really? I didn't know you thoguht X was a BIo fanboy? Afterall, he rags on them all the time yet he has said he is interested in trying the mods espicially WW. Weird.. I've already proved your theory wrong. Back to the drawing board you go.

Avin

Liturgist
you didn't prove anything, you are a fanboy and a funboy.

i didn't said x was a fanboy, what the hell are your mind?

Volourn

Pretty Princess
"i didn't said x was a fanboy, what the hell are your mind?"

You said only fanboys would buy these mods. X has expressed an inetrets in doing so and when he does (if he isn't just blwoing smoke to suck up to Gaider); that accoridng to you; would make him a fanboy.

Next.

Avin

Liturgist
where did he said that?

"I'd like to hear some opinions about either of these modules and I do not care if they come from Bio fans or anybody else. Some input would be nice.

Bio fans aren't at all comparable to EverQuest and Blizzard fans, come to think of it. You don't see Volourn defending Bioware's every move, do you? And he's a certifiable fan. It's just not the same with Blizzard fanboys. When Blizzard makes a mistake or when they decide to release a completely imbalanced, butt-ugly game like World of Warcraft it's simply unbelievable how so many people will pander to their crap by spouting nonsense like "World of Warcraft is a damn good looking game! It looks better than Guild Wars!" inspite of the fact that it looks like Warcraft 3 would in first person view."

he said he wanted to read a review.
he didn't said he wanted to buy it.
point to avin.
next.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
X wrote: "Hey Dave, will this be a re-release of the first WW module, or will the series be finished. How much was Bartel involved? 'Cuz if Bartel finishes the series, or at least has a strong part in the finishing, I would pay $5 to finally play through that one..."

Game. Set. match.

I win. You lose.

Bottom line, don't talk about soemthing you obviously know nothing about. What tool you are.

taks

Liturgist
most of the general fan mods are turds, btw... i've tried several. there was one series that was interesting... can't remember what it was called. i DL'd about a half dozen of the highest rated and mostly they were below even the OC in terms of fun. i need to get SoU for the one beerfish did, which is big as i recall. the reviews on these new pay mods are actually pretty high. i still say give me 10-15 hours for as many dollars and i'd be more willing to buy.

taks

Jed

Cipher
I tried several of the "better" mods (i.e., highly ranked on nwvault.ign.com), and the problem with them is that they all feel exactly like playing the NWN OC. Only more bland, if that's possible. I was really excited for Witch's Wake and its real or alleged Planescape-ness and when it was cancelled that was the last straw of tolerance for Bio's business practice, whether or not it was their fault. They made a lot of promises, and hyped the game all to hell, and didn't follow through on a lot. I did borrow the expansions from my little brother and while SoU was a throw-away, I thought HotU was Pretty Good. Not great, but it had a little of whatever it was that made the BG series enjoyable. I really would like to finish WW. I would pay $5 to finish it, but I know Bio will try to milk it, so I will probably just bide my time and see how things turn out. Not so great, I predict, but I am willing to be wrong. In the meantime there's plenty of other games for me to play. I just hit the meat of Avernum, and I can't recommend that game enough. Got two more of those plus Blades to play, plus maybe KotOR & Bloodlines if they get good reviews here at the 'Codex, so no. I'm not a Bio fanboi in the least, but I would like to play through the WW modules. They should be release free as an apology to everyone that bought NWN for its single player campaign. Despite what "Magical" Volourn (which I can only take as referrence to its thinking) might say, Bio does owe everyone who plunked down $50 dollars for the original NWN.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
"They should be release free as an apology to everyone that bought NWN for its single player campaign. Despite what "Magical" Volourn (which I can only take as referrence to its thinking) might say, Bio does owe everyone who plunked down $50 dollars for the original NWN."

No. You got what you paid for. Deal with it.

AlanC9

Liturgist
I'd review the mods, but naturally my modem picked this week to croak. I've got them, but I can't authenticate them to play. :x

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom