Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

BioWare rush DA2; blame release date for bad sales.

RPGMaster

Savant
28sx5w3.png

iz6qa9.png

:salute:

Karmapowered

Augur
Who is this David Gaider, and why should I care about people that can't be bothered to admit when they produce shit ?

Smiffy

Novice
Admiral jimbob said:
Was that an admittance that DA2 is shit?
Yes! Yes, it was! There is still hope!

Edit: God, I hate being cynical. I actually think it was quite nice of him to say that. So.

CappenVarra

phase-based phantasmist
Patron
Yes, if DA2 has any sales, customer satisfaction or market perception issues, they're caused by: 4chan trolls, codex trolls, that new chair with the fucked-up right arm rest (so it's hard to concentrate on quality writing while sitting in it), the false son of a false god being born 3 months too early to boost game sales, a stray neutrino passing through the bank's computers and mysteriously removing about $ 10 million of well-deserved revenue, game release falling on the unluckiest day of the Mayan calendar, Caesar getting murdered on the Ides of March (just in time to steal major media attention from the DA2 release), etc. Pretty much, anything except the game being banal shit boring and not worth giving money to untalented hacks for. Ahem.

ElectricOtter

Gaider said:
That and the fact Origins also sold awesomely because it was a awesome game.
Wow. I don't even know what to say. :/

waywardOne

Arcane
Karmapowered said:
Who is this David Gaider, and why should I care about people that can't be bothered to admit when they produce shit ?

do you not see his title in his sig? how fucking hilarious. i can't tell whether he does that out of pride or insecurity.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
waywardOne said:
Karmapowered said:

do you not see his title in his sig? how fucking hilarious. i can't tell whether he does that out of pride or insecurity.

Well with how the Bioware staff tend to talk to people on their forums, I'm guessing someone said something like, "What the hell's your deal? Like really, who do you think you are?" and then he was all, "I'M THE LEAD WRITER, YOU LITTLE BITCH!" and a new sig was born.

Karmapowered

Augur
waywardOne said:
Karmapowered said:

What is there not to like when some people here go GUNG-HO on their fellow Kodexers, taking them for perfect crétins.

Try reading the second part of my phrase again. From there, wouldn't it make perfect sense that I knew how a lead writer contributes to the *production* of a game, and who the lead writer for this particular game was ?

I know, reading skills extraordinaire are required to detect sarcasm on the Kodex :(

Anyway, it's the same infamous Mr G. that will explain, in all seriousness, that jumping and horse riding don't add anything to a cRPG, which is why we might get ladder climbing as a revolutionary feature in Mass Effect III.

If the former BW forums hadn't been destroyed, and replaced by the current monstruosity, I would dig out a couple of links for shits and giggles.

Smiffy

Novice
Actually he does admit that DA2 is shit, or at least suggests it.
That and the fact that Origins also sold awesomely because it was an awesome game.
So for one it's Christmas' fault. In addition though it is because DA2 is not at all "awesome", as implied by the asterixed "also". Gaider might be the biggest prick in the history of CRPGs but that is a nice gesture I think.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Smiffy said:
Actually he does admit that DA2 is shit, or at least suggests it.
That and the fact that Origins also sold awesomely because it was an awesome game.
So for one it's Christmas' fault. In addition though it is because DA2 is not at all "awesome", as implied by the asterixed "also". Gaider might be the biggest prick in the history of CRPGs but that is a nice gesture I think.

Why suck his dick cause he finally admits that he has partaken in the production of a turd, and even this admission is as weasely and obtuse as could be? Here he was for a year talking about how fucking great DA2 is and how it would redefine the very concept of the RPG(probably) all to convince as many f the plebs to fork over their money for this and now when belatedly he suggests that the game is shit, he should be fucking praised for it?

You've got to be fucking kidding me!

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
commie said:
Here he was for a year talking about how fucking great DA2 is and how it would redefine the very concept of the RPG(probably)
I remember when they called it their best game, better than BG2. Seeing how the game turned out, I can't believe they had the nerve to make that statement.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Cant wait for them to finally admit it was and is shit. But not likely to happen so this is the next best thing.

Hythloday

Novice
Gaider's a troll.

He wont admit anything was wrong with DA2 until the release of DA3.

So how you read his sentence:

1) Another reason Origins sold awesomely was because it was awesome, whereas DA2 was not awesome
2) Origins and DA2 both sold awesomely, but only one actually sold awesomely because it was awesome
3) Origins and DA2 both sold awesomely, because both were awesome games
4) Gaider is a pedophile

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Befuddled Halfling said:
So how you read his sentence:

1) Another reason Origins sold awesomely was because it was awesome, whereas DA2 was not awesome
2) Origins and DA2 both sold awesomely, but only one actually sold awesomely because it was awesome
3) Origins and DA2 both sold awesomely, because both were awesome games
4) Gaider is a pedophile

I have to go with the first interpretation, because DA2 is clearly not selling awesomely.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom