Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Black Desert - Korean MMO - Tent cities, conservating clothing, Oh my

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin

MasPingon

Arcane
I don't know shit about this game, but a world visuals are better then in any modern 3D crpg. Got strong Gothic and Witcher 1 vibe

Tzaero

DEPARTED
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Apparently it's their own custom engine.

Our company consists of a lot of veteran game programmers and developers so creating a new engine wasn't that hard. We needed a special engine just for Black Desert mainly because it is a seamless world and needed an engine that can render a lot of characters very fast and easy.

Mortmal

Arcane
*May not represent gameplay accurately, where you will just grind inane shit till you drop*

Always an epic storyline, over dramatic music , a lively world and intense pvp on trailer , but you end up grinding, watching your xp bar slowly gaining one millimeter per 4 hours (not even exagerating) and killing monsters looking like turnips, oh and grinding crafting material in low level areas to afford gear. Thats asian mmorpgs experiences for me . Will this be any different ?

Gerrard

Arcane
Remember, the more camera lens artifacts you can cram into your game the more next gen it will look.
Chromatic aberration is the new lens flare.

9cHpr2G.jpg

Shadenuat

Arcane
*May not represent gameplay accurately, where you will just grind inane shit till you drop*
And you'll have to pour at least 20$ into game to get that horse from video, or spend 2 years ingame mining coal like real man until you can afford to buy one. And of course, actually riding a horse would require feeding it with even more items which cost $$$.

Ah, free asian MMO's. Only for the rich :M

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
:necro:

Welcome to the new dimension of LARPing! :desu:

Seriously, you even could make a pose!

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
in a future world, where the world is run by beefy white men and korean photo model babes.
it's like a steven segal dream.

Angthoron

Arcane

And this video already entertained me more than anything TESO-related.

That's a pretty damn good character editor right there, no matter what the rest of the game is like. I know people that will likely spend weeks just making new characters in that thing, and since there's poses and shit, it'll probably be months. Better not tell them this exists of I'll not hear from them again. Or be spammed with tons of screenshots.

Chromatic aberration and other lens flaw effects though, what the actual fuck. People use tools to try to remove that shit, not add more.

Calling it now, folks - next big things in games will be sepia filters and hipster instagram camera angling.

Indranys

Savant
Daaaamn man that's pretty sweet.
Virtual waifu creator is the future of gaming indeed!!
:bounce:
Why Korea, why...
Such graphix for a mere grindy MMO shit...
Why not make a Dark Souls clone with multiplayer support FFS!!11

:rage:

deuxhero

Arcane
Don't get too excited. Every female outfit I've seen has heels, even when not wearing anything she has heels. That suggests VERY bad things for outfit variety.

Angthoron

Arcane
There should only be heels.

Heels for women, beards for men. It's pretty simple.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
I really like its style, but those obviously over-designed supermodel characters always feel like they really don't fit into the world.

ovcrt7Y.jpg

mkg3emV.jpg

Scroo

Female Quota Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex 2014 Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Character Editor - the game

But seriously, it looks pretty nice. But this being a Korean MMO I hope it won't be a complete grinder or have a P2W shop.

Severian Silk

I don't see why people get excited over MMOs. They're all shit. :shrug:

Indranys

Savant
Every female outfit I've seen has heels, even when not wearing anything she has heels. That suggests VERY bad things for outfit variety.
I really like its style, but those obviously over-designed supermodel characters always feel like they really don't fit into the world.
Actually a proper RPG in alternative setting filled with fascistic South Korean Empire reigns supreme as a world superpower sounds awesome man.
A world where cosmetic surgeries and fashion lectures are mandatory for everyone.
Plus those SLS chambers for every fatties and uglies who're just too hideous to be labored in the Gangnamwitz. :lol:
Once again the Best (North) Korea will be the last bastion of humanity. :cool:
After all, the ancient prophecy spoke about a teen tranny. The only true savior of mankind who was destined to be the Next Dear Leader for the last battle against the heretic Idol worshippers...

I don't see why people get excited over MMOs. They're all shit.
The waifu char creation looks cool man.
This is teh next gen Mega Traveller fiasco all over again. :lol:

Avellion

Erudite
Welcome to the new dimension of LARPing!

That character creator looks really good, I just hope the game will run well. Honestly, as long as I can create fat midgets with neckbeards I will not need anything else from the character creator really.

Everything I have heard about this game sounds promising (not too often we can actually have a negative impact on other players, rob them and so on), I just hope the game does not fall flat on its face. It is going for large scale PvP and sieges, and I wonder if the engine will be bale to handle such a scale.

Mortmal

Arcane

And this video already entertained me more than anything TESO-related.

That's a pretty damn good character editor right there, no matter what the rest of the game is like. I know people that will likely spend weeks just making new characters in that thing, and since there's poses and shit, it'll probably be months. Better not tell them this exists of I'll not hear from them again. Or be spammed with tons of screenshots.

Chromatic aberration and other lens flaw effects though, what the actual fuck. People use tools to try to remove that shit, not add more.

Calling it now, folks - next big things in games will be sepia filters and hipster instagram camera angling.

Thats madness, now if only they could put that kind of efforts into gameplay too.Super realistic models in my mmmo but gameplay probably inferior to that good old UO .

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom